Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How not to be a n00b at Dark Souls PvP

This is a discussion on How not to be a n00b at Dark Souls PvP within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by P-BOW I think everyone should read this statement. This is quoted word for word off of the ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    I think everyone should read this statement. This is quoted word for word off of the PvP Builds thread from JackAttack

"Whatever works, works. There's gonna be nerfs for both of those coming in the 1.04 patch to make things more fair anyway. It's PvP, anything is fair game other than glitches. Just because you use 'cheap' tactics doesn't mean you still can't be a gentleman about it."
    So Jacko himself said everything is fair other than glitches? Damn, what a hypocrite.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    I think everyone should read this statement. This is quoted word for word off of the PvP Builds thread from JackAttack

"Whatever works, works. There's gonna be nerfs for both of those coming in the 1.04 patch to make things more fair anyway. It's PvP, anything is fair game other than glitches. Just because you use 'cheap' tactics doesn't mean you still can't be a gentleman about it."
    Nice Sherlock Holmes there lol.

Not jumping to conclusions but it seems Jack might have changed his opinion due to getting beaten?
    Last edited by Chambers35; 12-03-2011 at 05:24 PM.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Oh wow, quite a bit of hate here.

I don't really think it's the fact that being beaten is what changed my opinion. It's just more that I've realized that not everything is as fair game as I thought it was originally. You know, getting hate mail about using Tranquil Walk of Peace didn't really feel very good. Nobody enjoys getting beaten to a pulp with cheap tactics, which is probably why my opinion was swayed.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    You know, getting hate mail about using Tranquil Walk of Peace didn't really feel very good. Nobody enjoys getting beaten to a pulp with cheap tactics, which is probably why my opinion was swayed.
    You should've just remembered ...

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    You should've just remembered ...

Toggle Spoiler

Nah, he should've mannedd up and and tell him to shut up, all while other "cheap" players kicked his ass.

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Harvester of Souls

Jackyboy is a damn hippy when comes to DS dueling .

Sure I actually try to go by most of his tips to not be a n00b when playign Demon's Souls only cause that is how I am and was normally beast enough to pwn then anyways even with most ppl's n00bery thanks to PVP training of D3cim4t10n() .

yeah sure, some ppl invade for fair fights, but If I get invaded.. going to try and kill their ass and if they run off being cheap, well gonna be cheap right back. If they invade mea nd i get low health, prolly going to heal.. UNLESS I redstone summoned them for dueling purposes and if that's the case, then all Jack's tips should be applied as that is fair ground for dueling only.

Otherwise someone invading is simply gonna try to kill the person cause that's their mission while the invaded person will need to survive. Whatever elements the game allows, well they will use to their advantage. Someone truly skilled could manage past any n00bery from the other. If you can't, makes you the n00b.

Nice post regardless of all the hate for you Jackyboy . Even if I don't agree in normal conditions with ALL of it..

I lol'd so hard at most of the posts .. like Naggles and Chambers and others don't remember names hehehehe

HOSTED BY GREAT DAZE TAZER!!!!! COME JOIN THE MAYHEM!!!

Guide Bar Created by Ds_luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

All you have to do is just kill everyone, then you won't complain about that, but once you never lose you will start to complain about never having died
    For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are...
    and to the dust we shall return

Signature By Deja View Sigs: jondeere

RPG Master

If the PvP invasions are completely random as in you do not know who you are going to fight, I would not think that manners and courtesy are important. PvP's one goal is to just decimate the opponent before they can kill you. I've had opponents that have waited till I bowed or waved before they would just start attacking me in-gesture.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    If the PvP invasions are completely random as in you do not know who you are going to fight, I would not think that manners and courtesy are important. PvP's one goal is to just decimate the opponent before they can kill you. I've had opponents that have waited till I bowed or waved before they would just start attacking me in-gesture.
    Everything in the game is random. You're right; some people are courteous and some aren't. It was no different in DS. As long as you remember that you'll be fine. People who are douches will always be douches. Gentlemen will always be gentlemen unless they're forced to deal with said douche, in which case, all bets are off.

Platinum Procrastinator

I had one guy invade me three separate times last night in the Dukes Archives. Every time he did, it lagged and he would always get the back stab even when I was facing him... In fact, one time he invaded he used the Dark Hand I think its called and managed to back stab me three or four times with it, along with parry and riposte two or three times.

Then I had another guy who invaded me and I bowed to him and he used that time to rush me and get the back stab. That was the closest time I've ever come to sending someone hate mail on a game before lol.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I had one guy invade me three separate times last night in the Dukes Archives. Every time he did, it lagged and he would always get the back stab even when I was facing him... In fact, one time he invaded he used the Dark Hand I think its called and managed to back stab me three or four times with it, along with parry and riposte two or three times.

Then I had another guy who invaded me and I bowed to him and he used that time to rush me and get the back stab. That was the closest time I've ever come to sending someone hate mail on a game before lol.
    Yeah, precisely. Things like this will never go away, no matter how much one is courteous. People will always fall back to "I'm invading to destroy, not to be nice."

Lvl 1 - Bronze

TWoP for offensive pvp'ing is pure trolling. Works on noobs, and nobody else really.

"I'm invading to destroy, not to be nice."
    Leave the invading to be nice to the Red Eye Soapstone users...which are 3 or 4 people who even use it. Bah, it's kill or be killed for the Darkwraiths.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

At least someone keeps chivalry and dignity alive. death to cheap pussies and other below the belt tactics. I'll save my bow to the end of a good duel and keep my eye on your sword point.

worlds biggest welch fan

Im hooked to this game but I mostly play in non human form,

when the time comes ill follow the steps.

later gamers.
    Sig By Me

Mirrors Edge Platinum

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Scroda View Post
    I'll save my bow to the end of a good duel and keep my eye on your sword point.
    Yeah, this is pretty much what I do when I duel.

Platinum Procrastinator

I had another awesome experience tonight while trying to summon some people to help me with Sif on NG++ Anyways, I was in the Darkroot Garden area where you get attacked by the NPC's and you can make them jump off the cliff for some easy souls. Some guy invades my world and see's that I was almost dead from getting hit in the back from the Mage NPC so he gives me time to heal and kill him.

Then he bows to me and gives me time to bow in return. Next we start the duel and all of a sudden I'm on that stupid cat covenants most wanted list and get invaded by a blue guy who must be in with them. Anyways, he tries to hit me from behind when I'm fighting the other red invader as the covenant guy literally appeared behind me and never gave me much of a chance to even defend myself. Anyways, he doesn't kill me and the red invader and myself both turn our attention to him and we have him trapped in a corner by the staircase at the beginning of the level. We both start attacking him relentlessly, breaking his guard and a few hits later he dies. We then (me and the red invader) separate and bow again and continue our duel.

In the end, the normal invader killed me, but I had a good laugh when we both turned our attention towards the blue covenant invader and showed him no mercy defeating him. Its times like this that make the game so enjoyable and make me forget about the countless times I get invaded and die. I never played much online with Demon's Souls so I really missed out on that aspect of the game. However, with Dark Souls, I already have several stories similar to the one I just told that make the game really stand out to me.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    I had another awesome experience tonight while trying to summon some people to help me with Sif on NG++ Anyways, I was in the Darkroot Garden area where you get attacked by the NPC's and you can make them jump off the cliff for some easy souls. Some guy invades my world and see's that I was almost dead from getting hit in the back from the Mage NPC so he gives me time to heal and kill him.

Then he bows to me and gives me time to bow in return. Next we start the duel and all of a sudden I'm on that stupid cat covenants most wanted list and get invaded by a blue guy who must be in with them. Anyways, he tries to hit me from behind when I'm fighting the other red invader as the covenant guy literally appeared behind me and never gave me much of a chance to even defend myself. Anyways, he doesn't kill me and the red invader and myself both turn our attention to him and we have him trapped in a corner by the staircase at the beginning of the level. We both start attacking him relentlessly, breaking his guard and a few hits later he dies. We then (me and the red invader) separate and bow again and continue our duel.

In the end, the normal invader killed me, but I had a good laugh when we both turned our attention towards the blue covenant invader and showed him no mercy defeating him. Its times like this that make the game so enjoyable and make me forget about the countless times I get invaded and die. I never played much online with Demon's Souls so I really missed out on that aspect of the game. However, with Dark Souls, I already have several stories similar to the one I just told that make the game really stand out to me.
    Well, it's nice to see that there are still gentlemen around. I've only had one good MP experience (e.g., bowing, no cheap tactics, etc.) in DkS when it comes to invaders. The rest have all been assholes.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Well, it's nice to see that there are still gentlemen around. I've only had one good MP experience (e.g., bowing, no cheap tactics, etc.) in DkS when it comes to invaders. The rest have all been assholes.
    I think I've been a bit more lucky with you. I always bow, and then usually my opponent is about to attack, but sees that I bow and then bows back. Sometimes taking the initiative works I guess. Yesterday was a real highlight. A Darkwraith invaded as I was battling the 1st gargoyle in Anor Londo, and he waited a good 3 minutes until I was able to defeat the thing, let me heal up, and then we dueled. Ended up getting backstabbed for a 1-shot kill, but it was a nice, fair fight.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Lvl 5 - Silver

The only problem I have with this etiquette is that 9 out of 10 players do not do this, i actually had duels where i had to fight 3 people at once which sucks but I didn't give up I gave it my all and i actually won that duel by going in guns blazing knocking all of them down in one swing and then killing the host soul before he/she could even get up. Though I am in the Darkmoon Blade Covenant and the players I invade are considered rule breakers and in most of my invasions they have used cheap tricks to try and kill me which have led me to mercilessly hunt them down and kill them before they even know I am near them
    Annoying PS3T.com members since March 2010

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I just have to agree with JackAttack.
    don't listen to all this BS forget about arrow and all those things what really pisses me off is that i'm only LV 49 and joined to forest hunters clan, i don't have any magic weapons or so and i'm always against super strong upgraded opponents and i'm also always alone against two.

They every time surround me and back stab
    or
    use strong magic from far or fire weapons
    that's noob!!!
    better play offline
    All those cowards are no fun!!!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast