Blight Town. Toxic

This is a discussion on Blight Town. Toxic within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Can someone please explain as to why I'm getting hammered with toxic everytime I enter Blight Town? I have no ...

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Blight Town. Toxic

Can someone please explain as to why I'm getting hammered with toxic everytime I enter Blight Town? I have no idea what's inflicting it, and when I do get it I'm as good as dead.

Xbox One GT: I Asari Milk I Steam: AsariMilk

Nope, nothing

I would imagine it's these little annoying things that fire poisonous darts at you

When you kill them though they don't respawn.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Yup, they're nasty little buggers who have a very large aggro range and they will shoot a constant stream of darts at you that will toxin you. There are a few ways around these guys.

- If you are an archer, I personally found that it was an OK strategy to snipe them from afar. They have pretty low HP, and due to Blighttown having many treacherous and easy to fall off places, they can fall to their death after a few arrows as well. The problem with this, however, is that Blighttown is very dark, and thus it's difficult to see in the distance. Be warned that you'll probably waste many arrows against them.

- Equip the Spider Shield. Generally, you should always be using this shield throughout Blighttown, as almost every enemy inflicts poison/toxin on you. Keep your shield up and you can block the darts without your toxin bar getting filled, then make quick work of them. The shield is found in the Depths.

- Remember to bring some Blooming Purple Moss Clumps. These can be farmed in the forest, although if you're already in Blighttown, it's unlikely you'll have access to them, unfortunately. Just remember to bring some in the future.

They really weren't too much of a problem for me on my first playthrough with the Spider Shield equipped. However, without it equipped, these enemies are a pretty big pain in the ass, since toxin lasts for a while and takes away health quickly. With 5 Heal Miracles, and 10 Estus Flasks, I was able to survive my encounters with them where I did happen to get hit with one too many darts. However, I only had 1 Estus Flask left. (Flask was +1)

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Yeah, you're right. It was those dart firing dudes. Thanks

And what's up with the frame rate in this place? It's awful

Gorilla see, Gorilla do

Thanks for the info about the spider shield, Jack. I've been using a Hollow Soldier Shield throughout the game.