Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Poisend

This is a discussion on Poisend within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; This is proboly a bit noobish, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of the poisen? Missed the ...

  1. #1
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Poisend

    This is proboly a bit noobish, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of the poisen? Missed the massage that desplayed when i respawnd. Also finding it a bit irritating when a guy innvades my game. Anything i can do about it?






  2. #2
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    If you're poisoned it'll eventually wear off or you can just use the purple moss clumps I think to cure it. As for being invaded, there is an item I think that sends them back to their world although I never tried it so I'm not 100% sure if it works or has an area of affect. I usually just try to fight them although it often never worked out well for me on my first playthrough lol. However, on NG+ I'm killing invaders a lot more often.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  3. #3
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    If you're poisoned it'll eventually wear off or you can just use the purple moss clumps I think to cure it. As for being invaded, there is an item I think that sends them back to their world although I never tried it so I'm not 100% sure if it works or has an area of affect. I usually just try to fight them although it often never worked out well for me on my first playthrough lol. However, on NG+ I'm killing invaders a lot more often.
    Ok. some innvaders aren't even attacking me! they just run around with me. As for this poisend thing it's from the frogs in the underground. The message was i had to talk with a guy or find some kinda formula or something? My Hp is always on half after the frogs got the best of me Thanks for the help. Gona try the moss thing tonight






  4. #4
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    it's from the frogs in the underground. The message was i had to talk with a guy or find some kinda formula or something? My Hp is always on half after the frogs got the best of me Thanks for the help. Gona try the moss thing tonight
    Well being poisoned and cursed are two different things. Unfortunately for you, the frogs curse you and it doesn't wear off. However, you can use Purging Stones to remove it. They can be purchased from Oswald of Carim (The guy at the base of the bell tower where you fight the two Gargoyles) for 4,000 souls or from the Undead Female Merchant between Firelink Shrine and the Undead Burg for 6,000 souls each.

    Seeing as how you've gotten cursed by the frog like guys, I think you're or were in the Depths which is the area where you fight the Gaping Dragon. The Undead Female Merchant is pretty close to this area. All you have to do is backtrack to the start of the level, go to your left outside and up the stairs into the round room. Then just climb the spiral staircase to the next floor and go through the door and she should be on your right behind the metal gate.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  5. #5
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Ok. Sry for missleading you with the poisen and cursed thing. Will check it out later today, Thank you






  6. #6
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    This is proboly a bit noobish, but can anyone tell me how to get rid of the poisen? Missed the massage that desplayed when i respawnd. Also finding it a bit irritating when a guy innvades my game. Anything i can do about it?
    If you're having an issue with invaders, why not just either play offline as a human, or play online as a hollow?

  7. #7
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    It seems i haven't learned the game yet so if i use humanity and remove the hallow at a camp fire, noe players can innvade the game?






  8. #8
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    It seems i haven't learned the game yet so if i use humanity and remove the hallow at a camp fire, noe players can innvade the game?
    No, quite the contrary. When you reverse hollowing, that's when players can invade. If I want to play in human form without being bothered by invaders, I usually boot up the game without being signed in to PSN and start the game offline. Once I'm in, I go to my XMB and sign in to PSN.

  9. #9
    RPG Master
    Shemhazat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    RPG Nexus
    Posts
    648
    Reputation
    35

    Being hollow prevents you from being invaded as a player while online, but it does not prevent YOU from invading someone else's world. Some of the good PvPers use online invasions to farm humanity.

    If you are sick of getting invaded by the same people, there is an item you can buy for around 1,000 souls that reports the invaders so that they get invaded themselves.

    As for your original post, I think you have poison and curse confused. You get cursed by the basilisks in the sewers underneath Undead Burg. If that was the case, you should have immediately died after getting cursed and revived with about ~60% of your total health. Unlike poison and toxin, curse does NOT wear off and can stack up to 4 times. So if you are rather unlucky, you can end up fighting enemies with only 10% health if you do not get it removed.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

  10. #10
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    Being hollow prevents you from being invaded as a player while online, but it does not prevent YOU from invading someone else's world. Some of the good PvPers use online invasions to farm humanity.

    If you are sick of getting invaded by the same people, there is an item you can buy for around 1,000 souls that reports the invaders so that they get invaded themselves.

    As for your original post, I think you have poison and curse confused. You get cursed by the basilisks in the sewers underneath Undead Burg. If that was the case, you should have immediately died after getting cursed and revived with about ~60% of your total health. Unlike poison and toxin, curse does NOT wear off and can stack up to 4 times. So if you are rather unlucky, you can end up fighting enemies with only 10% health if you do not get it removed.
    Ok. Got one white marker i think and one yellow one! The yellow one is for writing to other players i think(i bought this one)i gess this is the marker you report players with?. the white one i got from the guy you can summon sometimes. Tried to use this, but he diden't appear? Maybe this marker is for summoning other players?

    As for the curse thing you have right. bought the stone from the undead guy behind the bars thanks to deneratruc! Tried a few times for the Gaping dragon, but have some problems with it though also think i can summon the helpers, but haven't find anywhere to summon him? I was in human form when i tried to summon him maybe that's the problem?






  11. #11
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    No, quite the contrary. When you reverse hollowing, that's when players can invade. If I want to play in human form without being bothered by invaders, I usually boot up the game without being signed in to PSN and start the game offline. Once I'm in, I go to my XMB and sign in to PSN.
    Ok. Thanks for the tip






  12. #12
    RPG Master
    Shemhazat's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    RPG Nexus
    Posts
    648
    Reputation
    35

    The signs for the two helpers are dependent on how far you have progressed with the two, story-wise. If you talked to Sir Lautrec after freeing him at the shrine, his sign will appear. The two signs are on the second level of the gaping dragon arena, right before the white fog gate.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

  13. #13
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    When you are in human form (need to use humanity), near the bonfire in the Undead Burg, this is where you will see people lay down their summon signs. All you have to do is click on them and summon. However, it might take a few attempts before you actually get someone. Also, if you're in human form, there is a summon sign for Solaire of Astora above the last set of stairs leading down to the Gaping Dragon boss fight.

    What level are you now in the game? I'm heading out of town tonight and won't be back until late tomorrow, but I might be able to help you if you're still within the same level range as my character. However, if you're in human form, you should have no trouble eventually finding someone to summon near the bonfire in the Undead Burg.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  14. #14
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    The signs for the two helpers are dependent on how far you have progressed with the two, story-wise. If you talked to Sir Lautrec after freeing him at the shrine, his sign will appear. The two signs are on the second level of the gaping dragon arena, right before the white fog gate.
    Yes, the Gaping Dragon battle has two in-game NPC phantoms in Solaire of Astora and Knight Lautrec that you can summon. These two can also be summoned for the Bell Gargoyle fight. I think in order to summon Lautrec for the Gaping Dragon fight, you have to have summoned him for the Bell Gargoyles fight. I do not think it is the same for Solaire. I think he can be summoned regardless of whether you summoned him before or not. Again, you have to be in human form. Just look around the level right above the fog door entrance to the Gaping Dragon.

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Tried a few times for the Gaping dragon, but have some problems with it though also think i can summon the helpers, but haven't find anywhere to summon him? I was in human form when i tried to summon him maybe that's the problem?
    As long as you're not going for it's tail, the Gaping Dragon is actually pretty easy. Try to evade most of it's moves, but the one that you're going to want to trigger is when he opens his "mouth" and does a stomach slam in front of you. He'll sit there for about 5 seconds. You can use this time to get in one or two hits on his head...don't try to do more than that. After the 4-5 seconds, he'll charge forward so you need to move to one of it's sides. He'll sit still for another 6-8 seconds like this, allowing for a few hits. Then just back away and bait him to do the move again. As long as you can keep this up, you should be able to kill him without taking much, if any damage. Obviously, if you're going for his tail for the weapon, you'll want to focus on that during the times he's still.

  15. #15
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    The signs for the two helpers are dependent on how far you have progressed with the two, story-wise. If you talked to Sir Lautrec after freeing him at the shrine, his sign will appear. The two signs are on the second level of the gaping dragon arena, right before the white fog gate.
    Ok. Will search more tonight thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    When you are in human form (need to use humanity), near the bonfire in the Undead Burg, this is where you will see people lay down their summon signs. All you have to do is click on them and summon. However, it might take a few attempts before you actually get someone. Also, if you're in human form, there is a summon sign for Solaire of Astora above the last set of stairs leading down to the Gaping Dragon boss fight.

    What level are you now in the game? I'm heading out of town tonight and won't be back until late tomorrow, but I might be able to help you if you're still within the same level range as my character. However, if you're in human form, you should have no trouble eventually finding someone to summon near the bonfire in the Undead Burg.
    Did not find the summon signs though, but i gess they shoud be pretty easy to spot. Since they are infront of the stears! Current lvl is 71 i think. Nice of you to help me with the boss, but will try some more times tonight i will post of i kill him






  16. #16
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yes, the Gaping Dragon battle has two in-game NPC phantoms in Solaire of Astora and Knight Lautrec that you can summon. These two can also be summoned for the Bell Gargoyle fight. I think in order to summon Lautrec for the Gaping Dragon fight, you have to have summoned him for the Bell Gargoyles fight. I do not think it is the same for Solaire. I think he can be summoned regardless of whether you summoned him before or not. Again, you have to be in human form. Just look around the level right above the fog door entrance to the Gaping Dragon. .
    Did summon someone for the Bell Gargoyles, but don't know wich one it was though. He is almost a little fat and have a color full logo on his chest armor! Did get the white stone from him at the end of the bridge where the red dragon is. The one that dropes Drake sword, but he died during the Bell Gargoyles fight.



    [/QUOTE]As long as you're not going for it's tail, the Gaping Dragon is actually pretty easy. Try to evade most of it's moves, but the one that you're going to want to trigger is when he opens his "mouth" and does a stomach slam in front of you. He'll sit there for about 5 seconds. You can use this time to get in one or two hits on his head...don't try to do more than that. After the 4-5 seconds, he'll charge forward so you need to move to one of it's sides. He'll sit still for another 6-8 seconds like this, allowing for a few hits. Then just back away and bait him to do the move again. As long as you can keep this up, you should be able to kill him without taking much, if any damage. Obviously, if you're going for his tail for the weapon, you'll want to focus on that during the times he's still.[/QUOTE]

    Thanks for the help will try your tactic later tonight. Got the axe from his tail, but to low skill to use it though.






  17. #17
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Did summon someone for the Bell Gargoyles, but don't know wich one it was though. He is almost a little fat and have a color full logo on his chest armor! Did get the white stone from him at the end of the bridge where the red dragon is. The one that dropes Drake sword, but he died during the Bell Gargoyles fight.
    That's Solaire of Astora. I'm pretty sure you can summon him for the Gaping Dragon, but if you can get the strategy I described perfected, you won't need any help and you'll see how much of a joke the Gaping Dragon is.

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Thanks for the help will try your tactic later tonight. Got the axe from his tail, but to low skill to use it though.
    Yeah, the tail has a pretty high STR requirement. Nonetheless, if you already have the tail then you can focus on just killing the dragon.

  18. #18
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    That's Solaire of Astora. I'm pretty sure you can summon him for the Gaping Dragon, but if you can get the strategy I described perfected, you won't need any help and you'll see how much of a joke the Gaping Dragon is.



    Yeah, the tail has a pretty high STR requirement. Nonetheless, if you already have the tail then you can focus on just killing the dragon.
    Ok. Now i will remember that it is Solaire of Astora he he. Gona try your tact later on! And gratz on the platinum i don't think it's the easiest you have in your collection






  19. #19
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Ok. Now i will remember that it is Solaire of Astora he he. Gona try your tact later on! And gratz on the platinum i don't think it's the easiest you have in your collection
    Platinum? I don't have the plat, mate! Either way, yeah, it's a full-proof strategy once you get the hang of it.

    Check out this video. It pretty much shows you the move, along with the 10-second pause that you can exploit.

    Toggle Spoiler


  20. #20
    PRO Member
    ěl_brilla's Avatar


    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    446
    Reputation
    13

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Platinum? I don't have the plat, mate! Either way, yeah, it's a full-proof strategy once you get the hang of it.

    Check out this video. It pretty much shows you the move, along with the 10-second pause that you can exploit.
    Oh sry my bad. The dragon is dead now Thanks for the help guys! Just on to the next one.






Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO