Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

PvP Input for upcoming build

This is a discussion on PvP Input for upcoming build within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by P-BOW Not true about the shields. You gain more stability so you don't lose your endurance as ...

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    Not true about the shields. You gain more stability so you don't lose your endurance as fast while blocking. That is extremely helpful. I'm surprised you didn't know that already
    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    By defensive bonuses I meant like the lightning defense doesn't get upgraded, etc. Besides, it's much easier to just stock up on some Green Blossom for better END regen. If D3C1 is planning on having 40 END, that should be quite enough to do anything. Besides, if he wants to lose less endurance with each hit, you can just use a better shield to begin with, such as a Greatshield of the Greatshield of Artorias. Save yourself the souls, it's really just common sense.

Seems like your one goal is to be out to get me, P-BOW lol.
    I think you two are saying two different things. Jack is right in that upgraded the shield doesn't add to the damage reduction, which was his main point, but there are benefits to upgrading a shield if you're particularly fond of it in the form of benefits that P-Bow mentioned. Besides, in a game with infinite souls available, I don't see anything as a waste of souls.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by D3C1MaTi0n View Post
    What is the easiest way to get mass souls? I think I'm going to build every character and get them like 10million souls, at the lowest level I possibly can, and then build them after I finish my first character so I know what stuff I need to get, item wise and stat wise, of course I will actually play the game on my first char, but it will make building pvp chars super easy

Are there any methods faster than this? doubtful but worth asking

Exploits pre patch:

Prism stone exploit
    Dark Souls Made Easy With Infinite Souls Exploit - NowGamer

Dragon head exploit
    Infinite Souls/Humanity Exploit - Dark Souls Wiki Guide - IGN

Exploits - Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    The dragon head glitch is the fastest. Just make sure you delete the patch in order to use it.
    Yeah, this is the quickest way, by far. You only need to have a single consumable soul and the Dragon Head exploit will get you as many souls as you want in one sitting. Like has been mentioned, this was done away with with the current patch (1.05) so stack up on as many souls as possible before you update. Also, once you've played with 1.05, you cannot simply delete the game data and reinstall 1.00 and expect to use the same game save. I've read that the game recognizes that you're trying to do that and it gives you some sort of message saying that the save is incompatible or something. So, basically once you go 1.05, there's no going back.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Wow thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to get every char setup with souls before I connect to the internet then, how long does it take to get to the part for that exploit?
    For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are...
    and to the dust we shall return

Signature By Deja View Sigs: jondeere

KCCO!

Wow thanks for that tip, I'll be sure to get every char setup with souls before I connect to the internet then, how long does it take to get to the part for that exploit?
    Well, the requirements are that you get either the Grass Crest Shield or the Cloranthy ring. They provide stamina regen, which you'll need because you deplete your stamina with the use of the Dragon Head Stone. The Grass Crest Shield is in an area of the game that you can get to early on, if you just want to make a quick run for it. Alternatively, the Cloranthy ring is on your way to the Dragon Head Stone, but requires you to make a couple of precarious drops, but they aren't too bad. That area, though, isn't unlocked until you've beaten the first 'major' boss in the game and have made your way into Blighttown. If this were your only objective, once you know what you're doing, you can probably get there within a couple of hours. If you pick the Master Key as your gift, it reduces the time dramatically since you can access Blighttown with the Master Key, bypassing a couple of levels. You'd obviously want to treck back afterward to pick up loot and stuff.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Well, the requirements are that you get either the Grass Crest Shield or the Cloranthy ring. They provide stamina regen, which you'll need because you deplete your stamina with the use of the Dragon Head Stone. The Grass Crest Shield is in an area of the game that you can get to early on, if you just want to make a quick run for it. Alternatively, the Cloranthy ring is on your way to the Dragon Head Stone, but requires you to make a couple of precarious drops, but they aren't too bad. That area, though, isn't unlocked until you've beaten the first 'major' boss in the game and have made your way into Blighttown. If this were your only objective, once you know what you're doing, you can probably get there within a couple of hours. If you pick the Master Key as your gift, it reduces the time dramatically since you can access Blighttown with the Master Key, bypassing a couple of levels. You'd obviously want to treck back afterward to pick up loot and stuff.
    Gift meaning pick the thief to start with or is there someone who gives you a gift?

KCCO!

Gift meaning pick the thief to start with or is there someone who gives you a gift?
    The gift is an item that you can select to have in your inventory when you start the game. You can only choose once per toon, not per playthrough. The thief automatically gets the Master Key by default as part of their class, allowing you to pick another item as your gift.

If you choose another class, though, you don't get the key, so if you want it you obviously have to pick it. Honestly, I find it to be the most useful gift in the game.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would like to update on the status of my build, I have perfected it using the link in my other thread with the build spreadsheet, good luck surviving, SL 100, 2070 HP and 500 dmg per hit, no big deal

and that is no magic, no faith, no bullshit, pure melee combat with quick roll
    Last edited by D3C1MaTi0n; 12-12-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I have a couple questions about my current setup

My poise is 51, is that good?
    What does poise do?

Tower Kite shield or Grass Crest Shield? (72 stability 100/30/70/50 or 63 stability 95/42/70/50)
    What does stability of the shield do?

KCCO!

I have a couple questions about my current setup

My poise is 51, is that good?
    What does poise do?

Tower Kite shield or Grass Crest Shield? (72 stability 100/30/70/50 or 63 stability 95/42/70/50)
    What does stability of the shield do?
    Poise makes it so that when you get hit, you can take that shit like a boss without getting staggered. This is crucial for "tank" builds in my opinion. However, you'll want a relatively high poise (80+) in order for it to be effective.

Stability allows you to use your shield more effectively (e.g., less stamina drained per block).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

How does 51 poise rate?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

nvm looks like 55 or 76 are the best break points

KCCO!

nvm looks like 55 or 76 are the best break points
    That sounds about right. I try to have around 75-80 at least when dealing with bosses I plan on tanking. If I can get it above 100, that's all the much better.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I went with 57, getting 76 I would need to wear something like havels ring, or not wear mask of mother (which is not happening)

Setup:
    Mask of Mother
    Black iron armor +5
    Cleric Gauntlets +5
    Steel Leggings +10

Lvl 3 - Bronze

ok i found a way to get the 76, but it requires me losing the sweet 3 shot bow, so i guess ill have to figure out if i want to run that for pvp

Legendary...Nuff Said

Yeah, this is the quickest way, by far. You only need to have a single consumable soul and the Dragon Head exploit will get you as many souls as you want in one sitting. Like has been mentioned, this was done away with with the current patch (1.05) so stack up on as many souls as possible before you update. Also, once you've played with 1.05, you cannot simply delete the game data and reinstall 1.00 and expect to use the same game save. I've read that the game recognizes that you're trying to do that and it gives you some sort of message saying that the save is incompatible or something. So, basically once you go 1.05, there's no going back.
    Wait, but if you delete the game data and reinstall 1.00 BEFORE you create your new character, is it possible then to do this glitch? While I don't really want to resort to glitches, it'd be nice to be able to quickly build a PvP character, such as D3C1 has already done. Besides, I've already done about 4 different characters for playthroughs, it's not it would be that bad, right? No, but seriously is this possible? And if so, would I lose all of my other saved characters by doing this? I've never deleted game data before lol.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Wait, but if you delete the game data and reinstall 1.00 BEFORE you create your new character, is it possible then to do this glitch? While I don't really want to resort to glitches, it'd be nice to be able to quickly build a PvP character, such as D3C1 has already done. Besides, I've already done about 4 different characters for playthroughs, it's not it would be that bad, right? No, but seriously is this possible? And if so, would I lose all of my other saved characters by doing this? I've never deleted game data before lol.
    If you've already played with 1.05 it isn't possible unless you start over from scrath...completely, meaning deleting your current save file as well.

Legendary...Nuff Said

If you've already played with 1.05 it isn't possible unless you start over from scrath...completely, meaning deleting your current save file as well.
    Ah, thanks for the info. No way I'm doing this then. No need to lose 3 characters in order to make one.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Jack Attack, I haven't made any characters yet, I just used the online character builder to create the best combo of stats and all equipment, it can also calculate damage that your going to do to the other person, with their defense and resistance stats

Even against an all out tank with major defense, I'll still do 270 damage

Legendary...Nuff Said

Jack Attack, I haven't made any characters yet, I just used the online character builder to create the best combo of stats and all equipment, it can also calculate damage that your going to do to the other person, with their defense and resistance stats

Even against an all out tank with major defense, I'll still do 270 damage
    Oh, I thought you already started and used the glitch to quickly level up lol. I was just asking because my upcoming "Nemean Cestus" build (what I'm choosing to name it ) will be my fourth build, and things are starting to get tedious with building a character lol.

KCCO!

Ah, thanks for the info. No way I'm doing this then. No need to lose 3 characters in order to make one.
    Yeah, I know what you mean. It's cool if you're in a situation like D3 where you've not even started, but once you have some time put in, it's not worth it. I'd rather just go farm souls using the Darkroot Garden method--making the NPC's jump to their death over the cliff. It's actually relatively quick to be honest. I went up at least 10 Soul Levels (in the 100's) in a matter of probably 30-40 minutes. At that point, soul levels are somewhere between 75K-85K a piece, so imagine I probably got like around 800K souls during that time. Each run had me making anywhere from 12K-18K souls, and it takes about 2 minutes, MAX!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast