Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

convince me to get dark souls and demon souls

This is a discussion on convince me to get dark souls and demon souls within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by SirWaWa so what makes dark souls the "inferior" game? Personally I think Dark Souls is better than ...

Nope, nothing

Quote Originally Posted by SirWaWa View Post
    so what makes dark souls the "inferior" game?
    Personally I think Dark Souls is better than Demon's Souls, for me it seemed that they improved on the original feel of the game and just made it more intense.

KCCO!

In my opinion it isn't as balanced, full of cheap deaths, and the MP isn't as fully functional when it comes to playing with friends.

Lvl 7 - Gold

It's not an inferior game, it's just different. Some people don't like the differences, some do. While I'll admit that the multiplayer in Dark Souls could use some work, going through the game solo is much easier than it was in Demons Souls (for me at least). They also added NPC's that you can summon to help with bosses if you can't find a co-op partner. Demons Souls was very linear in it's progression and Dark Souls is very open. This is also a problem for some because it's hard to know where to go next and you'll die a ton trying to figure it out. The one thing that is unanimous is that Dark Souls relies on the same dirty tactic too often to kill you (tiny ledge + big enemy = falling to your death) and it starts to feel cheap quite quickly.

Dark Souls (to me) feels more like it is all about discovery and exploration... and death, whereas Demons Souls seems to be more about streamlining and cooperation... and death.

If you're a fan of RPG's that are light on story and heavy on gameplay and atmosphere... and death, then there's no reason not to at least give them a try.

Lvl 5 - Silver

I got dark souls and its so god damn hard its frustrating as hell
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by Brenden View Post
    I got dark souls and its so god damn hard its frustrating as hell
    I found it to be a bit frustrating at first. Now that I've completed one playthrough and know the ropes it's much more manageable. Just keep at it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I haven't tried out Demon Souls yet but from my experience of Dark Souls.. You MUST always becareful. This game has made my heart skip a beat, hands sweat like a waterfall and even caused major holes in the wall (surprised my controller is still in one piece).
    Dieing and losing your souls is a bitch but when you get past those parts, it really does feel like an achievement. Either way like someone else said, you're already thinking about them both so you might aswell give them a try. If you love a challenge then you'll be glued to your seat.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Almost forgot, I think everyone owes Demon/Dark Souls a chance because they never spawned a legion of stupid arrow to the knee jokes.

*waits for the next post to be an arrow to the knee joke*

Lvl 4 - Silver

the game of the year, just buy it

Negator

Demon's Souls is what makes Dark Souls inferior.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Aexuz View Post
    the game of the year, just buy it
    Dark Souls is one of the biggest letdowns of the year.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    Dark Souls is one of the biggest letdowns of the year.
    am going to have to agree. everytime i check Japan Amazon...it has 2 or 3 star by it. i may get it at one point in time but when the hype goes down.

Game on....

Shouldn't really have to convince you to get either Demon's Souls or Dark Souls. You should have purchased them already!! What kind of self respecting gamer doesn't get these two games?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    am going to have to agree. everytime i check Japan Amazon...it has 2 or 3 star by it. i may get it at one point in time but when the hype goes down.
    lol japan amazon
    I cannot take this seriously

Lvl 9 - Gold

I'm on the fence about these two games
    convince me why I should get these games?

will I like this if I like dragon age and skyrim?
    Kinda hard to convince someone to play a game, you either want to or you don't. I personally never even wanted to play Demons' Souls until I saw the list of features on the back of the case. Then I bought it instantly without checking out gameplay vids or anything. Easily one of the better action games out there. I wasn't dissatisfied one bit, but going for the plat was a small grind and doing 3+ playthroughs was a nuisance. Only thing I wish they added or put it, was the ability to kill any boss you wanted over and over instead of going into other people's games to do so. You just had to keep doing more playthroughs to fight the bosses you wanted to fight.

Now as far as liking it if you like DA or Skyrim, haven't played Skyrim so can't comment. But DA's gameplay and everything isn't even comparable. I personally thought DA was a pile of shit, so it just depends on what you like in games. But to end my post. The game is dirt cheap, buy it new or used and if you don't like it, take it back or take the hit and keep it. But for $10-20, it's worth the purchase.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dark Souls is vastly superior to Demon's Souls. The world is vast, it is open, and I preferred the environments. While the gameplay is similar to Demon's Souls I just didn't like the level structure in Demon's Souls. I never knew what order to do the levels in while in Dark Souls though you can move onto harder areas first has a basic path structure. I couldn't finish Demon's Souls though it was fun I got bored but Dark Souls was a addictive experience the whole way through with just the right difficulty.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Zerbog View Post
    Dark Souls is vastly superior to Demon's Souls. The world is vast, it is open, and I preferred the environments. While the gameplay is similar to Demon's Souls I just didn't like the level structure in Demon's Souls. I never knew what order to do the levels in while in Dark Souls though you can move onto harder areas first has a basic path structure. I couldn't finish Demon's Souls though it was fun I got bored but Dark Souls was a addictive experience the whole way through with just the right difficulty.
    Did you really get bored of Demon's souls or did you just suck at it? It's almost literally the same thing as Dark souls. I'm just playin' though.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by P-BOW View Post
    Did you really get bored of Demon's souls or did you just suck at it? It's almost literally the same thing as Dark souls. I'm just playin' though.
    I beat Dark Souls so I didn't suck at Demon's Souls (it is like you said the same basic gameplay) the game just didn't captivate me like Dark Souls I put down Demon's Souls and never went back to it.

Closing this account

lol japan amazon
    I cannot take this seriously
    since u wanna dis my country's site and seeing your trophy list of unfinished rpg's you have..i hope D3C1MaTi0n ruins the game for.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by jay_hawk12 View Post
    since u wanna dis my country's site and seeing your trophy list of unfinished rpg's you have..i hope D3C1MaTi0n ruins the game for.
    LOL JAY

That was harsh, but funny.

Closing this account

Quote Originally Posted by Helyx View Post
    LOL JAY

That was harsh, but funny.
    seeing his 1 he has for a non-rpg, am not convinced he will finish it. hitman convinced me...well seeing how he knew alot about demons souls convinced me to get it plus seeing how Japan Amazon said it was a good game. I FF13 so why not try demons souls. IMO once certain ppl on this site convince me by the way the answer questions..,i may get it dark souls. dude should be asking for opinions...he kinda made me upset by his comment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast