Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Is this a superior title?

This is a discussion on Is this a superior title? within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I found the path through Demon's Souls was much more linear if you wanted to get everything and if you ...

RPG Master

I found the path through Demon's Souls was much more linear if you wanted to get everything and if you played offline. You needed to go a certain path in order to go to PBWT then PWWT and then do the same thing for your character tendency. That is not to say i didn't like Demon's Souls, I just found the game to be no as open-world as Dark Souls.

Dark Souls, on the other hand, had a much more open environment that you could explore at your whim. There were many different ways to complete the game, with multiple branching paths that could take you to everywhere you needed to go. In place of Character and World Tendencies, I found the Covenant system to be superior because it allowed for much more customization and a better overall PvP experience.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

PRO Member

I appreciate everyone's input... At some point I will go back and play Demon's Souls, but I am enjoying Dark Souls so much its fucking ridiculous.

This game is awesome.

Except for PvP, which is horribly laggy and poorly designed. My lvl 19 Pyromancer got invaded by another player wearing Ornstien armor and 1h Zweihander last night... Considering that and how much damage he did (and how little I did to him) I'm pretty sure he was atleast 3x my level.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Except for PvP, which is horribly laggy and poorly designed. My lvl 19 Pyromancer got invaded by another player wearing Ornstien armor and 1h Zweihander last night... Considering that and how much damage he did (and how little I did to him) I'm pretty sure he was atleast 3x my level.
    And that is why I'm hollow 80% of the time. Unless I need help with a boss, I usually never reverse hollowing. How far in the game are you so far?
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    And that is why I'm hollow 80% of the time. Unless I need help with a boss, I usually never reverse hollowing. How far in the game are you so far?
    I have a warrior that is 75 and about to head into the New Londo Ruins and a pyromancer that is 25 and about to fight the twin gargoyles.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

I would say that while Demon's Souls is the perfect definition of a dark RPG, Dark Souls is equally as good as its predecessor. So I cannot compare either, but you have to play and treasure both; they are both awesome games in their own right. Though, I hear the Demon's Souls online servers are closing soon in 2012, I think, so you should finish that up as soon as possible. ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12