Weapon uppgrade...

This is a discussion on Weapon uppgrade... within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; First i wasent sure how to do this uppgrades and diden't even bother untill i was in the tombs of ...

PRO Member

Weapon uppgrade...

First i wasent sure how to do this uppgrades and diden't even bother untill i was in the tombs of giants and had to kill Nito. I found out that divene the weapon was the best way to kill nito! So you could get him alone without the skeletons. Used the spear and modefied it to the moonlight butterfly and removed it twice i think to get it divened. This is the only weapon i can uppgrade. So i tried to uppgrade my drake sword to +5 and this weapon will not uppgrade to any better verson? Curreent lvl is 63.

Then i tried to uppgrade the astro stright sword to +5 and that will not either be uppgraded to any better weapon? I have given the blacksmith the tools to uppgrade them, but when i go to modify weapon they are all grey and the only one shoing is the freaking spear. I must be doing something wrong any idea guys?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

weapons that upgrade with either dragon scales or twinkling titanite upgrade only to +5
    if you want to upgrade to e.g. divine you need to upgrade a ordinary weapon to +5 using titanite shard, then you have to ascend the weapon to divine weapon (at andre of astoria), at +5 divine you need to do another ascension... you can then upgrade to +10...

upgrading beyond +5 in the standard path requires embers, the only exception is the magic path which you can access without ember to +5 magic through the smith in new londo

for more details check
    Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki - Dark Souls Wikidot Wiki
    Last edited by JeanDeath; 12-18-2011 at 05:30 AM. Reason: statment about embers

PRO Member

Ok thanks. I have a hard time understanding all this. So the astro stright sword isen't a normal sword? Was hoping to get a sword with fire on it cause i think i am closing on to the four kings.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

there are various upgrade paths...
    i) dragon weapons that you can only upgrade with dragon scales
    ii) demon/boss weapons that you need demon titanite for upgrading
    iii) ordinary weapons start their upgrade path with titanite shard at +5 opens a tree of possible upgrades to e.g. divine, magic,... (you can find some already ascended weapons)
    iv) twinkling titanite is used to upgrade weapons and armor that cannot be upgraded by the previous stuff

you can also try
    http://darksoulswiki.wikispaces.com/Upgrades
    for an upgrade guide

PRO Member

Ok. Do you have any idea why they are not listed at the blacksmiths? Its only the spear that is. Have plenty of materials! This is the part that confuses me and can't seem to understand.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

either you do not have the embers (or are at the wrong blacksmith) or you have not upgraded to the point where an ascension is needed...

tell me what weapon you want and i can point you in the right direction...

PRO Member

The only sword i can handle is the drake sword, the sword you get from nito i must have 2 handed on. My current lvl is 63 and i gess i shoud not use the drake sword anymore? It still does the job though

The only blacksmith is the one in Anor Londo he have the staff you use magic with listed, but it's grey! At least it's listed. Missing soul from gwenawire or something, but this is the only thing listed besides the spear. I have been to the blacksmith that are close to darkroot basin i think? The on that is close to the demon! And the on in Catacombs and Anor londo

Gave 4 different ember to blacksmith in the darkroot basin, right behind the demon. And gave one to either the one in Catacombs or Anor londo

If i can get fire or any weapon ascensied it woud be great
    Last edited by l_brilla; 12-18-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you need to go to the blacksmith near darkroot basin... there you can ascend your weapons beyond +5 on the normal upgrade path, transfer to "raw" or to "divine"...
    at +10 normal you can ascend further on that path and can eventuelly hit +15
    at +5 divine you can ascend further to divine to finally hit +10 divine or ascend to occult (max +5)

the smith in anaor londo is doing boss weapons (from +10 normal weapons), lightning weapons (from +10 weapons) and crystal weapons (also from +10 weapons)

the smith in new londo (close to the elevator from the firelink shrine) can do magic weapons (from +5 normal) plus later ascensions of +5 magic weapons to magic weapons (up to +10) or enchanted weapons (up to +5)

the smith in the catacombs can do fire upgrades to +5 (from +5 normal weapons), and ascension of the fire path (+5 fire) to stronger fire weapons (up to +10) or to the chaos path (up to +5)

to get a fire weapon upgrade a standard weapon to +5, visit the smith in the catacombs and ascend that weapon to fire weapon... if you want to upgrade beyond +5 fire or want to transfer to chaos you have to ascend at this smith again

PRO Member

Alright thanks alot

Sry for you had to tell me this in baby steps, but i had a serius confusing why they never shoud up at the smiths. Thanks again

Lvl 1 - Bronze

you are welcome