Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dark souls players...

This is a discussion on Dark souls players... within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; How damn pathetic, I invade anor londo and troll the area for 45 minutes looking for this tool who is ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dark souls players...

How damn pathetic, I invade anor londo and troll the area for 45 minutes looking for this tool who is hiding somewhere, still haven't found him but I'm so damn pissed off that some noob sack of shit would even do this... talk about ruining the game, trolls like this ruin it
    For out of the ground we were taken, for the dust we are...
    and to the dust we shall return

Signature By Deja View Sigs: jondeere

дурак

The least he could have done was try to fight at least. That's what usually happens when I get invaded, I always lose, but at least I went down fighting.

Still, I wouldn't blame him, death is rather irritating in this game.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

well I'm just going to add to this that Dark Souls ruined the entire pvp aspect of Demons Souls, the game is completely trash, I've made my attempt at pvp multiple times today, and I have concluded that I may not ever pvp on this game, it is completely 100% unfair and a totally trash player can kill you due to them being able to stack up heals while you sit there and take damage and can't do anything about it

if your invading someone if you can't 1 or 2 shot kill them, good luck winning, unless they are a total trash noob, I've even spammed lloyds talismans on them, still doesn't matter, the game is rigged, they need to completely change everything for this game to even be a worth while investment if you plan to play online

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hey, Decimation. Good to see you back...

...Y U no say something before you disappeared? >

Anyway in my books, the pvp is as imbalanced as the pve still is, even after the recent patch. Pyromancy is still crazy op at low soul levels, TWoP trolls were counter-trolled by the devs (they deserved it too) and some people are just bad at pvp.

I think the critics exaggerated this games difficulty; I find it entirely easier than Demon's Souls. Shame. :\

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by N_Vicious View Post
    Hey, Decimation. Good to see you back...

...Y U no say something before you disappeared? >

Anyway in my books, the pvp is as imbalanced as the pve still is, even after the recent patch. Pyromancy is still crazy op at low soul levels, TWoP trolls were counter-trolled by the devs (they deserved it too) and some people are just bad at pvp.

I think the critics exaggerated this games difficulty; I find it entirely easier than Demon's Souls. Shame. :\
    I agree 100%, the PvE is a total cake walk compared to DS and I feel like they translated that over to the PvP as well, making a less skilled player still be able to win, thus the TWoP, the healing for the party being invaded, and poise. When you take your average noob what is he going to do, most likely 1 of 2 things, or 3 if they are more advanced

1) stack heavy armor with a big weapon
    2) stack light armor with magic
    3) stack the heaviest armor they can with their favorite weapon so they can still roll and move

These things being said how do you pvp each one?

1) they have super high poise, super high defense, and big damage, so if you make a build like DS (for example I made an ulchi build doing 450 dmg per hit) you would suspect I could outmove them and get off some damage, but no, because once I get close I can either hit them once and roll away and do small damage, or go for multiple hits, and due to their high poise they aren't phased then they rip me a new ass in 1 hit, if I go for the single hit and continually move, they fall back and heal until eventually they will get me with a hit

2) magic is easy peasy, just as it was in DS, but now in DkS you can have uber magic and still have uber damage with your wep, so now before when you could easily dispatch a magic user, now they can hit for almost the same damage your hitting for, and cast ranged on you, and once again can heal

3) also a pain in the ass because now these noobs can move around and still hit you, and can still heal

so that being said, I've invaded 5 people so far, I've won 2, one guy fell off a cliff and one guy died instantly when I joined, the other 3 (besides the one who hid and I couldn't find) all killed me, the first once was a complete noob spear user who just hit behind a shield and hit me for 100 dmg per time, I would continually spam lloyds talisman on him but it's hard to hit them if they are smart, so any damage I did was quickly negated by a heal, and eventually he killed me, the other used a huge weapon, I ran up on him and got some hits in, but due to his high poise he whacked me once and half lifed me, while I did hardly any damage, then once I got him to 1/4 left due to my dodging, he healed back up, and of course this resulted in me dying, lastly I invaded a guy who summoned 2 phantoms right when I joined, ok that's fine I've seen this in DS I can kill all 3 no problem, not even a damn chance, not going to happen, even if I was able to get any of them low on hp they would just heal and kill me anyway

that being said, this game is 100% not fair for the invader what so ever, also this game is so directed toward the noob player that they can now win in pvp, so any effective pvp build must be able to kill the noobs in 1-2 hits, if you can't do that, its not going to happen, at least that is my opinion, this game is totally screwed up in all aspects, and after playing it as far as I have, I wish I never bought it, but due to the good DS name and the fun I had, I did, what a mistake

Kiwi Defender

Quote Originally Posted by D3C1MaTi0n View Post
    also this game is so directed toward the noob player that they can now win in pvp
    That certainly explains why Jacko has it on such a high regard .

Toggle Spoiler

Social Group of the Year (2011, 2012): Platboy Online.
    Sig by Ramon, so praise the crap out of him.
    My posts can be humorous or serious, but it's up to you to decide which posts are which.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Nagflar View Post
    That certainly explains why Jacko has it on such a high regard .
    Well I just feel like they turned the tables as far as equal PvP, DS was all skill based, DkS doesn't depend on skill anymore, so now a player who isn't very good at all can still win, which in my opinion contradicts everything that the game is based off of, which is skill and survival

Platinum Procrastinator

No offense, but I think you just need to spend more time dueling honestly. I've been invaded hundreds of times and although I was using a spear and shield throughout the game, I've been back stabbed more times than I care to admit. I prefer the spear because yes I'm a noob and I like the fact I can strike and still hold my shield up at the same time. However, like I said, I've encountered a lot of people who keep strafing me and dodging my attacks weather they be pyromancy, sorcery, or physical and they somehow still manage to circle me and get the back stab.

I've even had several instances when someone invades me when I've had two other people alongside me getting ready to do a boss run and they've wrecked the three of us at once without even using the heal miracle. I don't think the PvP is as black and white as Demon's Souls so to speak, but from a lot of the people who I've seen through invasions, it certainly is not as bad as you make it out to be.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Negator

Dark Souls is a poor excuse for a game when compared to Demon's Souls. In all aspects except graphics and content, Demon's Souls is obviously a better game.

I know lots of people with disagree with the above statement, but then again, some people think cucumbers taste better pickled.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    No offense, but I think you just need to spend more time dueling honestly. I've been invaded hundreds of times and although I was using a spear and shield throughout the game, I've been back stabbed more times than I care to admit. I prefer the spear because yes I'm a noob and I like the fact I can strike and still hold my shield up at the same time. However, like I said, I've encountered a lot of people who keep strafing me and dodging my attacks weather they be pyromancy, sorcery, or physical and they somehow still manage to circle me and get the back stab.

I've even had several instances when someone invades me when I've had two other people alongside me getting ready to do a boss run and they've wrecked the three of us at once without even using the heal miracle. I don't think the PvP is as black and white as Demon's Souls so to speak, but from a lot of the people who I've seen through invasions, it certainly is not as bad as you make it out to be.
    You do realize I pvped the hell out of DS right? you make it out to seem like I have no skill what so ever and your trying to coach me

and it is easy to backstab someone with a spear, it is a directional attack...

Platinum Procrastinator

You do realize I pvped the hell out of DS right? you make it out to seem like I have no skill what so ever and your trying to coach me

and it is easy to backstab someone with a spear, it is a directional attack...
    Yes I do know you've PvP'd the hell out of DS and I know you're good from what others have said. Hence the no offense comment when I started my post. I was in no way trying to coach you either as I clearly stated I was a noob. However, you stated you have done 5 invasions. If you consider that enough to draw a conclusion then I guess our opinions simply differ that's all.

Also you said you lost to a guy using a spear but you replied saying its easy to back stab someone when they're using a spear so I'm a little confused. I know when I started playing Dark Souls I was constantly dying when getting invaded and probably lost nine out of ten times. However, as I played it more, I learned and got a bit better and only died about half the time. Now in saying that, I've heard a lot of people talk about how its broken compared to Demon's Souls and that's probably true. Although I still don't think its to the point where its unplayable.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Yes I do know you've PvP'd the hell out of DS and I know you're good from what others have said. Hence the no offense comment when I started my post. I was in no way trying to coach you either as I clearly stated I was a noob. However, you stated you have done 5 invasions. If you consider that enough to draw a conclusion then I guess our opinions simply differ that's all.

Also you said you lost to a guy using a spear but you replied saying its easy to back stab someone when they're using a spear so I'm a little confused. I know when I started playing Dark Souls I was constantly dying when getting invaded and probably lost nine out of ten times. However, as I played it more, I learned and got a bit better and only died about half the time. Now in saying that, I've heard a lot of people talk about how its broken compared to Demon's Souls and that's probably true. Although I still don't think its to the point where its unplayable.
    Despite them being the best way to win a duel, D3 refuses to think that a backstab is a good option for killing an opponent.

I do agree with Denaratuck here, though. I had assumed you had dueled quite a few times, but only 5? Man, that's not enough to formulate an opinion.

I've probably been involved in around 300 duels, and I'd say half have been against flask chugging, ring of fog using, and tranquil walk of peacing cheap players (although since patch 1.05 there have been less cheap players). The other half I've faced, however, are for the most part respectable ones who don't heal, and play fair. If you want some serious duels where pretty much everyone plays fair, you're going to have to pretty much beat the entire game, as the last level is the best place for upper-level and respectful PvP.

I say, if you've already formulated a rock-solid opinion on the PvP after a mere five matches, then you're being stupid. Worse, you've already decided to no longer play the game after a mere five matches? :/

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    I say, if you've already formulated a rock-solid opinion on the PvP after a mere five matches, then you're being stupid. Worse, you've already decided to no longer play the game after a mere five matches? :/
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to see the immediate differences in PvP between DS and DkS.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I agree with Helyx dude, I've done like 2000 or more matches on DS, after 5 on DkS I'm already sick of it, I think I'm going to put Skyrim in the PS3 for a bit, I don't see any patches for DkS in the future, and quite honestly I'm not sure that I want to play it right now, as my rock solid build on paper and in the game doesn't apply to pvp due to the invalidity of the pvp system in this game, and all of the skills I have in this game don't apply either, which like I said is why I feel like they ruined this game, any noob can be good at it now, and it doesn't take skill to win at pvp either

Lvl 3 - Bronze

well i gave it another shot, and still the same, the pvp system is flawed and if your not running some huge wep your probably not going to win, at SL100+ at least, sure maybe the ulchi works at some super low level like 50, but I can assure you that at 100+ this pvp system relies heavily on heavy big weps, and large 1 hit damage

then people jump you 2v1 camping the red phantom spawn, and when they do kill you, they actually bow like it was fair, i mean are you kidding me? sure 2v1 and 3v1 happened in DS but at least I could still win, here there is absolutely no chance of that

I just think they need a HUGE makeover of the pvp system before I'll touch this game online again, they really screwed up with this one

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game is great but the only problem is that every thing is so damn permanent .. << I mean for ex , when the weird cat was talking to me in darkoot basin or darkoot garden IDk , I hit her by mistake and she said some bad words and left :'( ..

дурак

Yeah, I'm getting a little sick of players standing around a corner, waiting for you to pass by, just so they can backstab you. They can't fight me in the open? At least than I have a chance to actually defend myself.
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

KCCO!

then people jump you 2v1 camping the red phantom spawn, and when they do kill you, they actually bow like it was fair, i mean are you kidding me? sure 2v1 and 3v1 happened in DS but at least I could still win, here there is absolutely no chance of that
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Yeah, I'm getting a little sick of players standing around a corner, waiting for you to pass by, just so they can backstab you. They can't fight me in the open? At least than I have a chance to actually defend myself.
    I was trying to do some coop in the Kiln last night, and I kept getting summoned by players that were setting up ambushes for invading phantoms. They would hide behind the pillars at the beginning, or up high on a hilltop, out of sight. Then, like D3 said, they'd bow at the end of the 'duel' as if it was a fair fight. I got summoned probably around 12 times total, and at least 6 of those times it was people looking for 'good' phantoms to help ambush invaders. :stare:

Quote Originally Posted by Outbreak View Post
    The game is great but the only problem is that every thing is so damn permanent .. << I mean for ex , when the weird cat was talking to me in darkoot basin or darkoot garden IDk , I hit her by mistake and she said some bad words and left :'( ..
    Did you try going to the NPC in the bell tower to get absolution?

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    I was trying to do some coop in the Kiln last night, and I kept getting summoned by players that were setting up ambushes for invading phantoms. They would hide behind the pillars at the beginning, or up high on a hilltop, out of sight. Then, like D3 said, they'd bow at the end of the 'duel' as if it was a fair fight. I got summoned probably around 12 times total, and at least 6 of those times it was people looking for 'good' phantoms to help ambush invaders. :stare:
    No matter whether you are the invader or the invaded, hiding behind corners and pillars is for cowards. When I get invaded, I go into the open and wait for him to find me. Than if he bows, I bow. I also do not heal, since it's kind of unfair.

However due to me trying to be polite, I never win. EVER. Than again, I suck at the game, so that might have something to do with it.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Well as I've said before, the people who are good at PvP in this game are all noobs, if your good at pvp here (where it requires no skill) you will head over to DS and get rocked by everyone. That is why I hate this game, they tried to dumb it down for the crappier players and now it isn't fair for the good players.

I'm in the process of making a new build, I'm hoping that it will turn out at least half way decent, and if it does I'm going to start shutting the whole game down. I'm sick of the PvP in this game, once I get a build good enough to destroy people, that's it for them, whenever I play I'll be noob smashing all day lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast