Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

TotalBiscuit - Why Dark souls should come to the PC

This is a discussion on TotalBiscuit - Why Dark souls should come to the PC within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by Vulgar Good to see we have so many selfish gamers on this site, warms my heart. However, ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    Good to see we have so many selfish gamers on this site, warms my heart. However, you stated a technical reason, he was just saying he took pride that it was on his system and not others, so I guess you have a better point. But still, it's selfish.

Oh and to those who solely are pissing and moaning about Ps360's threads, don't read them. See the first post is by Ps360 and promptly leave, you are adding nothing to the conversation in the slightest.
    Wanting the best I can get for my money is selfish? Or maybe I value my money and I don't have excessive amounts to waste or throw around, and so when I purchase something I hope I'm getting the best I can possibly get, and its not selfish to want a game that was previously exclusive to stay exclusive, for the sake of quality. Also I stated that I have no issues with a game going to another platform provided the original platform retains the quality (i.e. a ps3 game going to the 360, the technical achievements aren't lowered in quality to match the 360's version.) So explain to me again how I'm selfish?

As for his pride thing, its a little more childish, but I'm sure some if not many people can understand it to an extent. People bitch and argue about which console is better, and have been for years. A good example is Final Fantasy going to the 360 (yeah yeah the SNES before ps1 thing).

I think people usually purchased their certain console for a reason. If not for the features, but the reason that certain things would stay the same from the PS2 era. In other words, I bought my ps3 (other than the fact that I believed it was the superior machine) because I knew how many rpg's and great variety that was released on ps2. And I figured I would get the same with ps3. People who bought the 360 probably had their reasoning too.

For me, at the end of the day, we're all gamers. But explain to me why I would care about a bunch of people I don't know in respect to playing a game? Its not that serious. And if they wanted to play it so badly, they should purchase the system the game was released on. What do you say about the developers that make exclusive games, then? That they're selfish for 'depriving' people of other consoles their game? That's foolish.

дурак

Quote Originally Posted by LiLPlaya0o0 View Post
    Wanting the best I can get for my money is selfish? Or maybe I value my money and I don't have excessive amounts to waste or throw around, and so when I purchase something I hope I'm getting the best I can possibly get, and its not selfish to want a game that was previously exclusive to stay exclusive, for the sake of quality. Also I stated that I have no issues with a game going to another platform provided the original platform retains the quality (i.e. a ps3 game going to the 360, the technical achievements aren't lowered in quality to match the 360's version.) So explain to me again how I'm selfish?

As for his pride thing, its a little more childish, but I'm sure some if not many people can understand it to an extent. People bitch and argue about which console is better, and have been for years. A good example is Final Fantasy going to the 360 (yeah yeah the SNES before ps1 thing).

I think people usually purchased their certain console for a reason. If not for the features, but the reason that certain things would stay the same from the PS2 era. In other words, I bought my ps3 (other than the fact that I believed it was the superior machine) because I knew how many rpg's and great variety that was released on ps2. And I figured I would get the same with ps3. People who bought the 360 probably had their reasoning too.

For me, at the end of the day, we're all gamers. But explain to me why I would care about a bunch of people I don't know in respect to playing a game? Its not that serious. And if they wanted to play it so badly, they should purchase the system the game was released on. What do you say about the developers that make exclusive games, then? That they're selfish for 'depriving' people of other consoles their game? That's foolish.
    You sure need a lot of explaining don't you? Let's see, where to start. Ooh okay, as you said you can't just throw your money around. Neither can these people who "should purchase the system the game was released on". So THEY should spend more money so YOU can have a better experience?. As I said, preferring a game being an exclusive just so YOU can get a quality game, is a little more understandable, but still selfish.

The rest of your points are irrelevant and pointless.

Basically to sum up what you're saying "I don't care how much fun other people are having because I want a better experience" and "They should throw around their money because I don't want to". Yes, you are selfish. Have a nice day.

Also we should get back on the topic of Dark Souls being ported to PC, if you didn't notice.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Blah blah blah. People falling for trolls again and again. The PC is a superior machine, but the game Dark Souls is optimised for consoles. What benefit would From Software gain exactly? Would the gamers who already have the console version fork out another load of cash for the same game? Or maybe the people new to the game are just going to settle for the version that would have a smaller, less active community, with no obvious benefits unless they had a preference for mouse and keyboard?

33,000 sales is nothing. From Software aren't going to produce a whole other set of games for maybe 300,000 sales, which is about the very maximum Dark Souls would probably sell on PC, since it's already established and 33k isn't that big a deal. Sure, it wouldn't harm anyone by bringing the game to PC, but you're basing pointless arguments on the superiority of PCs, which isn't a good way to go when you're on a forum mostly devoted to consoles.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Vulgar View Post
    You sure need a lot of explaining don't you? Let's see, where to start. Ooh okay, as you said you can't just throw your money around. Neither can these people who "should purchase the system the game was released on". So THEY should spend more money so YOU can have a better experience?. As I said, preferring a game being an exclusive just so YOU can get a quality game, is a little more understandable, but still selfish.

The rest of your points are irrelevant and pointless.

Basically to sum up what you're saying "I don't care how much fun other people are having because I want a better experience" and "They should throw around their money because I don't want to". Yes, you are selfish. Have a nice day.

Also we should get back on the topic of Dark Souls being ported to PC, if you didn't notice.
    I lol'd. Neither can those people? Maybe they shouldn't be wanting to play a game they can't afford then. And thats not selfish, that's reality. And its not just me, unless I'm the only person who purchases exclusive games? I'm pretty damn sure everyone who does wants the best they can get from the product. And its not selfish by any means to want that for your money. How the fuck does it make sense that they should spend more money that I can have a better experience? Do you even read what you type? I'm not the developers, Let me bold this for you: I'm not the people who decide what consoles to make their games for. It sounds like you're upset about the developers choices. It doesn't make me selfish to want the best of a game of a platform the developer's chose to use. By your logic, its the developers that are selfish. (Which again makes no sense.) I'm just the consumer, and its not my fault or problem if other gamers can't play a certain game because the DEVELOPERS chose to make it for a certain platform. Not to mention I stated, (this will be the third time) that I as long as the main/original version the game was specified for doesn't suffer quality wise, I'm all for everyone experiencing the game, regardless of console. I'm pretty sure no one, wants a diminished level of quality just so everyone can have the game. Look at how Bayonetta turned out. You clearly have reading comprehension skills and or you ignored the points that probably made you realize your argument is flawed. Oh, and you should look up the definition of selfish:

devoted to or caring only for oneself; concerned primarily with one's own interests, benefits, welfare, etc., regardless of others.
    characterized by or manifesting concern or care only for oneself: selfish motives.

None of my posts dictate that I only care for myself. And last time I checked, everyone is primarily concerned with their own interests and benefits, its called life. So I guess we're all selfish?

I see no point in arguing this with you any further, as you have proved you don't actually have any valid points.

As far as Dark souls being ported to the PC, Gauss pretty much covered everything I feel about it. I don't really see how it could work completely the same..I imagine they would have to make some changes, probably for the worse, in order for the game to work on PC. It probably would be interesting to see the PC community mod it and alter things in the gameplay to make it more balanced. But I doubt this will happen, as I don't think the amount of sales they'll get will justify porting it.

KCCO!

Good for PC gamers. I won't be playing it on PC but I'm interested to see how it's ported, simply out if curiosity.

PRO Member

Isn't this what pretty much everybody wanted? Setting aside opinions of others and our thread derailing, I don't see how porting it to the PC is bad for anybody.

I think all gamers won, more good games on more systems. Particularly if the PC version sparks some new free content. Honestly I don't care so long as it doesn't damage the PS3 version.

I'll try it when the port comes out, but I still think the gamepad will always be a superior controller for this type of game.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123