Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 83

Bosses In Dark Souls

This is a discussion on Bosses In Dark Souls within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I'm guessing your attacks were more focused on her body than her tail. I managed to cut off her tail ...

  1. #61
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    I'm guessing your attacks were more focused on her body than her tail. I managed to cut off her tail the first time I fought her.

  2. #62
    Retired TrophyGuide Ninja
    nauGie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    279
    Reputation
    36

    Just me, fighting The Bed of Chaos trial-and-error style.

    Last edited by nauGie; 01-24-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Fixed post, couldn't get it right with the phone :)

  3. #63
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    Just me, fighting The Bed of Chaos trial-and-error style. Dark Souls The Bed of Chaos - YouTube
    Let me just say that this is probably the best video in this thread. I LOL'ed pretty much the whole time, and your caption screens were pretty funny. Although, I'm curious as to what Visit #4 looked like. Also, you really shouldn't have done the "come at me, bro" gesture at the end; for the most part, you got owned. :stare:

  4. #64
    Retired TrophyGuide Ninja
    nauGie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    279
    Reputation
    36

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Let me just say that this is probably the best video in this thread. I LOL'ed pretty much the whole time, and your caption screens were pretty funny. Although, I'm curious as to what Visit #4 looked like. Also, you really shouldn't have done the "come at me, bro" gesture at the end; for the most part, you got owned. :stare:
    The first encounter wasn't too bad... Might have been the reason why I underestimated it after that. As for the 4th visit: I realized I forgot to record it so quit :/

  5. #65
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    The first encounter wasn't too bad... Might have been the reason why I underestimated it after that. As for the 4th visit: I realized I forgot to record it so quit :/
    Yes, once you destroy both roots, the attacks can cause a lot of damage, especially the hand swipes.

  6. #66
    Retired TrophyGuide Ninja
    nauGie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    279
    Reputation
    36

    Here is my battle against Nito. I beat him on my first attempt, that's why the battle looks a bit clumsy. The only thing I knew beforehand was that you should take care of those skellies with a divine weapon so they wouldn't be in the way later. Took me some time to figure out Nito's attack pattern, but at the end of the day it was a pretty easy boss...


    Last edited by nauGie; 01-26-2012 at 09:29 AM.

  7. #67
    Platinum Procrastinator
    Denaratuck's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    3,081
    Reputation
    159

    Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    Here is my battle against Nito. I beat him on my first attempt, that's why the battle looks a bit clumsy. The only thing I knew beforehand was that you should take care of those skellies with a divine weapon so they wouldn't be in the way later. Took me some time to figure out Nito's attack pattern, but at the end of the day it was a pretty easy boss...Dark Souls Gravelord Nito Boss Battle - YouTube
    Yeah it makes a huge difference if you're able to take out the skeletons with a divine weapon while trying to kill Nito. Otherwise they get very annoying.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

  8. #68
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,389
    Reputation
    109

    Recorded another video. It's against Gwyndolin this time. I was gonna record Nito but, I wasn't sure if I'd survive . But anyway, here it is. also the fight ends at 3:26, but I added in my fight with the Anor Londo Firekeeper afterwards, because, well why not?



    Oh yeah and sorry for the crappy camera positioning, It looked alright on the screen, but I guess it wasn't that great :/

    You didn't miss anything though.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

  9. #69
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Here's my kill footage of my latest Gwyn fight. It ended pretty epically in my opinion.



  10. #70
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    So you finally took me advice and just parried his ass, eh? He damn near killed you though, you seemed a bit reckless. When I beat him I think I always blocked his first attack, then parried the 2nd to get into a good rhythm. The hard part is knowing when to heal though, he's very quick and has a lot of range. Nice stuff though.

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  11. #71
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    So you finally took me advice and just parried his ass, eh? He damn near killed you though, you seemed a bit reckless. When I beat him I think I always blocked his first attack, then parried the 2nd to get into a good rhythm. The hard part is knowing when to heal though, he's very quick and has a lot of range. Nice stuff though.
    Yeah, it wasn't the prettiest and most elegant battle, but in the end it got the job done. I figured I'd go all out and just parry on his first attacks as opposed to blocking. Although, in retrospect, that may have been the safer route.

    I was a bit scared at the end because I figured that last riposte would finish him off, then when he got back up I was like "Oh, mother-fucking, no!" I quickly hit the R1 button for that last swipe before he could get a swing in. Another thing that gives me trouble with this fight is that his moves are so quick, it's not always easy to judge when he's going to do a sword attack, or go for the grab attack. The few times I tried before this one, I would try for the parry and he'd grab me.

  12. #72
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    This is a vid of the tutorial level. Most of us have played the tutorial level 100 times, but I found this boss fight fun (or funny). This was the start of my latest NG. You can just skip to the 4:20 mark for the boss.


  13. #73
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Here's my Quelaag kill in NG++++. The first playthrough, she gave me so much trouble. It wasn't until I had summoned both Maneater Mildred and a human coop partner that I was able to beat her. Now, she's pretty much a cakewalk. It's just a matter of learning her moves and being able to watch for her tells.


  14. #74
    \(^o^)/ (・。・)
    cocoasg's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    693
    Reputation
    59

    Updated with new videos the last few days I was away? Wooooo.... anyway, nice job you did there, Hitman and others who also posted! Happy Lunar New Year, btw!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |


  15. #75
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Updated with new videos the last few days I was away? Wooooo.... anyway, nice job you did there, Hitman and others who also posted! Happy Lunar New Year, btw!
    You were away, eh? No wonder I hadn't seen you around. I had to go on with the Gwyn fight without ya!

  16. #76
    Legendary...Nuff Said
    JackAttack's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,040
    Reputation
    103

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    This is a vid of the tutorial level. Most of us have played the tutorial level 100 times, but I found this boss fight fun (or funny). This was the start of my latest NG. You can just skip to the 4:20 mark for the boss.

    LOL, that boss fight was hilariously epic!

    deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

  17. #77
    KCCO!
    Hitman's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,748
    Reputation
    196

    Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    LOL, that boss fight was hilariously epic!
    Those are the kind of boss fights I like.

  18. #78
    Retired TrophyGuide Ninja
    nauGie's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    279
    Reputation
    36

    Here is my first encounter with Gwyn. I summoned two phantoms because I didn't really know what to expect. One phantom failed though ...however, the other one was pretty good and together we pwned that boss.



  19. #79
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,389
    Reputation
    109

    Recorded my fight with Quelaag. My favorite boss in the game. I didn't attack for a while due to me being overly cautious. I was sort of waiting for her to do that shockwave attack, but it never happened. So I just thought "fuck it" and started poking her health down a bit, besides me missing a few times with the Halberd >_>'. So not the most graceful win, but it'll do.

    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

  20. #80
    дурак
    Vulgar's Avatar


    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Longview, WA
    Posts
    1,389
    Reputation
    109

    This thread gets barely any love. So I'm gonna post another video. Here you go.

    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:13 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.1.10
Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO