Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bosses In Dark Souls

This is a discussion on Bosses In Dark Souls within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; I'm guessing your attacks were more focused on her body than her tail. I managed to cut off her tail ...

KCCO!

I'm guessing your attacks were more focused on her body than her tail. I managed to cut off her tail the first time I fought her.

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

Just me, fighting The Bed of Chaos trial-and-error style.

Last edited by nauGie; 01-24-2012 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Fixed post, couldn't get it right with the phone :)

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by nauGie View Post
    Just me, fighting The Bed of Chaos trial-and-error style. Dark Souls The Bed of Chaos - YouTube
    Let me just say that this is probably the best video in this thread. I LOL'ed pretty much the whole time, and your caption screens were pretty funny. Although, I'm curious as to what Visit #4 looked like. Also, you really shouldn't have done the "come at me, bro" gesture at the end; for the most part, you got owned. :stare:

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Let me just say that this is probably the best video in this thread. I LOL'ed pretty much the whole time, and your caption screens were pretty funny. Although, I'm curious as to what Visit #4 looked like. Also, you really shouldn't have done the "come at me, bro" gesture at the end; for the most part, you got owned. :stare:
    The first encounter wasn't too bad... Might have been the reason why I underestimated it after that. As for the 4th visit: I realized I forgot to record it so quit :/

KCCO!

The first encounter wasn't too bad... Might have been the reason why I underestimated it after that. As for the 4th visit: I realized I forgot to record it so quit :/
    Yes, once you destroy both roots, the attacks can cause a lot of damage, especially the hand swipes.

Here is my battle against Nito. I beat him on my first attempt, that's why the battle looks a bit clumsy. The only thing I knew beforehand was that you should take care of those skellies with a divine weapon so they wouldn't be in the way later. Took me some time to figure out Nito's attack pattern, but at the end of the day it was a pretty easy boss...

Last edited by nauGie; 01-26-2012 at 09:29 AM.

Platinum Procrastinator

Here is my battle against Nito. I beat him on my first attempt, that's why the battle looks a bit clumsy. The only thing I knew beforehand was that you should take care of those skellies with a divine weapon so they wouldn't be in the way later. Took me some time to figure out Nito's attack pattern, but at the end of the day it was a pretty easy boss...Dark Souls Gravelord Nito Boss Battle - YouTube
    Yeah it makes a huge difference if you're able to take out the skeletons with a divine weapon while trying to kill Nito. Otherwise they get very annoying.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

дурак

Recorded another video. It's against Gwyndolin this time. I was gonna record Nito but, I wasn't sure if I'd survive . But anyway, here it is. also the fight ends at 3:26, but I added in my fight with the Anor Londo Firekeeper afterwards, because, well why not?

Oh yeah and sorry for the crappy camera positioning, It looked alright on the screen, but I guess it wasn't that great :/

You didn't miss anything though.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

KCCO!

Here's my kill footage of my latest Gwyn fight. It ended pretty epically in my opinion.

Legendary...Nuff Said

So you finally took me advice and just parried his ass, eh? He damn near killed you though, you seemed a bit reckless. When I beat him I think I always blocked his first attack, then parried the 2nd to get into a good rhythm. The hard part is knowing when to heal though, he's very quick and has a lot of range. Nice stuff though.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    So you finally took me advice and just parried his ass, eh? He damn near killed you though, you seemed a bit reckless. When I beat him I think I always blocked his first attack, then parried the 2nd to get into a good rhythm. The hard part is knowing when to heal though, he's very quick and has a lot of range. Nice stuff though.
    Yeah, it wasn't the prettiest and most elegant battle, but in the end it got the job done. I figured I'd go all out and just parry on his first attacks as opposed to blocking. Although, in retrospect, that may have been the safer route.

I was a bit scared at the end because I figured that last riposte would finish him off, then when he got back up I was like "Oh, mother-fucking, no!" I quickly hit the R1 button for that last swipe before he could get a swing in. Another thing that gives me trouble with this fight is that his moves are so quick, it's not always easy to judge when he's going to do a sword attack, or go for the grab attack. The few times I tried before this one, I would try for the parry and he'd grab me.

KCCO!

This is a vid of the tutorial level. Most of us have played the tutorial level 100 times, but I found this boss fight fun (or funny). This was the start of my latest NG. You can just skip to the 4:20 mark for the boss.

KCCO!

Here's my Quelaag kill in NG++++. The first playthrough, she gave me so much trouble. It wasn't until I had summoned both Maneater Mildred and a human coop partner that I was able to beat her. Now, she's pretty much a cakewalk. It's just a matter of learning her moves and being able to watch for her tells.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Updated with new videos the last few days I was away? Wooooo.... anyway, nice job you did there, Hitman and others who also posted! Happy Lunar New Year, btw!
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Updated with new videos the last few days I was away? Wooooo.... anyway, nice job you did there, Hitman and others who also posted! Happy Lunar New Year, btw!
    You were away, eh? No wonder I hadn't seen you around. I had to go on with the Gwyn fight without ya!

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    This is a vid of the tutorial level. Most of us have played the tutorial level 100 times, but I found this boss fight fun (or funny). This was the start of my latest NG. You can just skip to the 4:20 mark for the boss.

LOL, that boss fight was hilariously epic!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    LOL, that boss fight was hilariously epic!
    Those are the kind of boss fights I like.

Here is my first encounter with Gwyn. I summoned two phantoms because I didn't really know what to expect. One phantom failed though ...however, the other one was pretty good and together we pwned that boss.

дурак

Recorded my fight with Quelaag. My favorite boss in the game. I didn't attack for a while due to me being overly cautious. I was sort of waiting for her to do that shockwave attack, but it never happened. So I just thought "fuck it" and started poking her health down a bit, besides me missing a few times with the Halberd >_>'. So not the most graceful win, but it'll do.

"The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

дурак

This thread gets barely any love. So I'm gonna post another video. Here you go.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast