Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Bosses In Dark Souls

This is a discussion on Bosses In Dark Souls within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Just thought i'd share my fights with some of the bosses in this game, gives you a opportunity to familiarize ...

Big Boss

Bosses In Dark Souls

Just thought i'd share my fights with some of the bosses in this game, gives you a opportunity to familiarize yourself with how the bosses attack , their weaknesses etc.

Plus if you think that i have needed to summon someone with every boss you are indeed wrong as you might be able to tell i've been summoned by someone else in most of these videos. So no hating!

Chaos Witch Quelaag

Sif, The Great Grey Wolf

Smough and Ornstein

Ceaseless Discharge

Iron Golem

4 Kings

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

KCCO!

Nice vids conn. As you know I've already seen them all.

I think I'll film some boss fights this next playthrough.
    Last edited by Hitman; 01-11-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Platinum Procrastinator

Nice videos Conn. However, I will say you should watch your stamina meter more carefully though. A few times you would go all out attacking and use all of your stamina up, meaning you couldn't effectively block.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

Nice vids indeed
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

Big Boss

Quote Originally Posted by Denaratuck View Post
    Nice videos Conn. However, I will say you should watch your stamina meter more carefully though. A few times you would go all out attacking and use all of your stamina up, meaning you couldn't effectively block.
    don't ever think i'm pro at this game i will make mistakes but if i can improve in places i'll try to thanks for the advice i'll try not to use all my stamina at once

09:59:02 Altered Formula: Yeah Connie's great, If I had the power, I would bestow a 1000 orgasms upon him.

KCCO!

In continuing with the spirit of this thread, here's my latest Stray Demon battle. I'll probably upload Sif and Iron Golem soon as well.

PRO Member

Nice videos guys, but how can you take a video of the ps3? Do you film with a cam? Also a tip for the stray demon! Just run to his stomach and hit him there he will just do his fly attack then(fall on his ass) and repeat.

I use the same weapon as you hitman, but i also use the full black knight armor including the shield. I tried to uppgrade the elite knight armor, but never made it to lvl5. Is it a better armor then the black knight? when it's fully uppgraded?

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Nice videos guys, but how can you take a video of the ps3? Do you film with a cam? Also a tip for the stray demon! Just run to his stomach and hit him there he will just do his fly attack then(fall on his ass) and repeat.

I use the same weapon as you hitman, but i also use the full black knight armor including the shield. I tried to uppgrade the elite knight armor, but never made it to lvl5. Is it a better armor then the black knight? when it's fully uppgraded?
    To answer your first question, most of us around use the Hauppauge HD PVR to record our footage. The video is recorded to your computer and you can edit as desired.

I tend to stay away from the front of the Stray Demon. If that's what works for you, then more power to you! I find it a bit risky.

I've never used the Black Knight set, and I never upgraded it, so I can't say for certain if it's better or not. Based on the stats I see on the wiki, it looks like it may be similar in terms of defense. In the video, I have the regular Knight set, not the Elite, although I have that as well. The Knight set provides close to the same amount of defense as the Elite but weighs just a bit less.

PRO Member

Ok.I also see that you roll is different! Is this from a ring? And most of all finding it sad that the game is finished for my part, but hoping the dlc will be worth getting.
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 01-14-2012 at 04:29 PM.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    Ok.I also see that you roll is different! Is this from a ring? And most of all finding it sad that the game is finished for my part, but hoping the dlc will be worth getting.
    Yes, the rolling is changed with the Dark Wood Grain Ring.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Yes, the rolling is changed with the Dark Wood Grain Ring.
    Thx. Also just did the four kings in ng+++ and they are easy solo in this round.

A Vampire with a Soul

This is so scary..I got the game but wont dare to play it to those bosses i feel weak..even at level 55

KCCO!

Well, here's my version of my latest Sif battle. Nothing fancy or elegant about my technique...just get underneath and spam Combustion.

KCCO!

Here's footage of my Iron Golem battle. Pretty much the same technique as with Sif...spam combustion till he topples.

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Good job, Hitman! The Combustion strategy was what I used with Sif throughout my three playthroughs, as well as Iron Golem in the first one (though my first encounter mostly involved getting slammed off the ridiculously small circular platform to my many deaths by his agonizingly large Golem Axe, even with the shield raised).

Quote Originally Posted by Tht-Nova7 View Post
    This is so scary..I got the game but wont dare to play it to those bosses i feel weak..even at level 55
    Honestly, and please believe me, once you get past your first playthrough, they are not that scary anymore! Even Ornstein and Smough, and the Four Kings, by the time I fought them again on NG+ and beyond, they were nothing more than pests to me, to be stomped on; well, that is an over-exaggeration to be sure, but you get the idea. ^o^ Mainly because you will be so used to their strategies and can predict their next moves very well, and also that you will be dealing much more damage at a higher Soul Level, even if they get harder on New Game Plus'es. ^^
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

Legendary...Nuff Said

Nice vids, Hitman! I especially enjoyed the Sig fight; it's my favorite boss fight in the entire game. Requires skill and precision, and the first time I got to the end of the fight, I actually just ran around the graveyard for about 5 minutes while he was limping (There was a rumor going around that you could let him escape in the end), but I couldn't so I had to put him out of his misery. ;___; Woofers, NOOOOOOOOO!!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    Good job, Hitman! The Combustion strategy was what I used with Sif throughout my three playthroughs, as well as Iron Golem in the first one (though my first encounter mostly involved getting slammed off the ridiculously small circular platform to my many deaths by his agonizingly large Golem Axe, even with the shield raised).
    Thanks, mate! I know you said you wanted to coop the Golem fight for the lulz, but I was in the zone earlier and figured I'd go with it. You up for the Smough and Ornstein fight?

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Nice vids, Hitman! I especially enjoyed the Sig fight; it's my favorite boss fight in the entire game. Requires skill and precision, and the first time I got to the end of the fight, I actually just ran around the graveyard for about 5 minutes while he was limping (There was a rumor going around that you could let him escape in the end), but I couldn't so I had to put him out of his misery. ;___; Woofers, NOOOOOOOOO!!
    Thanks, Jack! Yeah, the Sif fight has become very fun. I was thinking of a way to make it interesting, but I'm not creative. I was thinking of equipping the Symbol of Avarice, but since I botched it a couple of times with my shield, it would've been a bad idea.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Thanks, Jack! Yeah, the Sif fight has become very fun. I was thinking of a way to make it interesting, but I'm not creative. I was thinking of equipping the Symbol of Avarice, but since I botched it a couple of times with my shield, it would've been a bad idea.
    Equip the Armor of Thorns and roll into him for all damage!

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
    Equip the Armor of Thorns and roll into him for all damage!
    I always managed to miss one invasion or another of Kirk's and never killed him all three times to get the armor. That is a cool idea though. I assume Sif has hit boxes low enough for that to work.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Lol, I've never gotten that armor either. How about using Symbol of Avarice + Chaos Blade at the same time so that your health drains a lot during the fight, and NO HEALING!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast