*POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Warriors of the Sunlight Guild and NG+

This is a discussion on *POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Warriors of the Sunlight Guild and NG+ within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Ok, so I am going after the "Obtain all Miracles" trophy, and obvious this requires NG+ as I have to ...

PRO Member

*POTENTIAL SPOILERS* Warriors of the Sunlight Guild and NG+

Ok, so I am going after the "Obtain all Miracles" trophy, and obvious this requires NG+ as I have to use the Soul of Lord Gwyn to obtain the final miracle.

My questions are simple, I spent a great deal of time this playthrough helping people through bosses and as a result my faith requirement is at its minimum for joining the covenant (5), and I also have 10 Sunlight Medals. My questions are:

1) Will this faith decrease from boss helps travel with me to NG+?

2) Should I turn in my 10 Sunlight Medals now to get to +1 status in the guild or should I wait? I'm worried that I will loose either the Sunlight Medals or the Covenant status in NG+, and I don't want to fuck myself over in getting the final miracle.
    Gauss's Piracy Uncertainty Principle: When you pirate a game, that act inherently changes the results of what is to come after your pirating. You can't make any statement with any certainty regarding what would have happened had you not pirated the game.

Gauss's Rating Rationale:
    0-1: A game whose very existence is abhorrent to all things creative and intelligent.
    2-4: A just plain bad game.
    5-6: A game that has alot of mistakes, but is atleast playable and has some enjoyable sections. Good for a rent.
    7: An average game, should be played at some point
    8: A good game, should buy at some point
    9: A great game, day-one purchase
    10: A game that goes above and beyond the generation, its transcendent.

PRO Member

Don't use your medals if you dont have the lord soul to use, but your faith will stack in ng+. I burned myself with the medals Only use them if you have the soul of gwyn! As they will not stack in ng+

\(^o^)/ (・。・)

Quote Originally Posted by Gauss View Post
    Ok, so I am going after the "Obtain all Miracles" trophy, and obvious this requires NG+ as I have to use the Soul of Lord Gwyn to obtain the final miracle.

My questions are simple, I spent a great deal of time this playthrough helping people through bosses and as a result my faith requirement is at its minimum for joining the covenant (5), and I also have 10 Sunlight Medals. My questions are:

1) Will this faith decrease from boss helps travel with me to NG+?

2) Should I turn in my 10 Sunlight Medals now to get to +1 status in the guild or should I wait? I'm worried that I will loose either the Sunlight Medals or the Covenant status in NG+, and I don't want to fuck myself over in getting the final miracle.
    1) YES! Once you meet the lowered faith requirement for the Warrior of Sunlight (and possibly join it for now), it carries over to NG+ and beyond and also between characters.

2) You should NEVER turn in your Sunlight Medals on your first playthrough. Because yes, in case you need to join another covenant in your current playthrough, any Sunlight Medals you have already turned in to the Warrior of Sunlight will be halved as a penalty. So save them until NG+ and you have gotten the Soul of Gwyn, then turn both of them in to get your last miracle and the Miracles trophy. ^^ (PS: You can always farm Sunlight Medals from the Sunlight Maggots around the shortcut to Lost Izalith though, so do not worry so much about that.)
    | Avatar by In2 | | Sig by Athena |

KCCO!

Quote Originally Posted by cocoasg View Post
    1) YES! Once you meet the lowered faith requirement for the Warrior of Sunlight (and possibly join it for now), it carries over to NG+ and beyond and also between characters.

2) You should NEVER turn in your Sunlight Medals on your first playthrough. Because yes, in case you need to join another covenant in your current playthrough, any Sunlight Medals you have already turned in to the Warrior of Sunlight will be halved as a penalty. So save them until NG+ and you have gotten the Soul of Gwyn, then turn both of them in to get your last miracle and the Miracles trophy. ^^ (PS: You can always farm Sunlight Medals from the Sunlight Maggots around the shortcut to Lost Izalith though, so do not worry so much about that.)
    I have a doubt about the halving of sunlight medals theory. I got to rank +1 and left the covenant. I returned to the covenant and offered another 5 medals and didn't get +1 rank again. The only thing I can think of is that I joined more than one covenant in between both my stints in the sunbro covenant and that had some sort of impact.

But yeah, Gauss, as the chaps above me said, don't rank up until NG+ to be safe.