My PvP Builds

This is a discussion on My PvP Builds within the Dark Souls forum, part of the D; Thought I'd share my builds just for shits and giggles. I currently have four different builds that I alternate around ...

Legendary...Nuff Said

My PvP Builds

Thought I'd share my builds just for shits and giggles. I currently have four different builds that I alternate around with in PvP and/or PvE. If you like them, you could try them out for yourself if you'd like. I just thought it'd be fun to share what I've cooked up with everyone.

Yuria, the Witch - SL 80 INT build

Starting Class: Sorcerer

Stats:
    VIT: 20
    ATT: 19
    END: 20
    STR: 16
    DEX: 12
    RES: Base
    INT: 50
    FAI: Base

Weapons:
    Right hand 1 - Moonlight Greatsword +5
    Right hand 2 - *Moonlight Butterfly Horn
    Left hand 1 - Tin Crystallization Catalyst OR Logan's Catalyst
    Left hand 2 - *Crystal Ring Shield

*Choose one or the other to use

Armor:
    Crown of Dusk
    Xanthous Armor set +5

Rings:
    Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring
    Dark Wood Grain Ring

I originally designed this character to be a Yuria-themed character, but it eventually just branched off into your regular everyday sorcerer that doesn't resemble Yuria whatsoever. Basically, it's the hardest-hitting mage you'll see in PvP. The INT of 50 makes sure that you get the most out of not only your spells, but also your weapons, since you can use the magic/enchanted upgrade paths to give the weapon INT scaling. Alternatively, you can add a buff to some weapons such as Crystal Magic Weapon for about 400 extra damage points. The downsides to this build? Thanks to the low END, you can only use light armors, and thus you have little defense. On top of that, the low VIT means that you won't be able to take many hits. After about 1-2, you're dead so you have to approach fights with caution. Using a spell like Homing Crystal Soulmass, and then going in aggressively with the Moonlight Greatsword can prove to be fatal. Additionally, if you can learn to time the attacks of others, rolling and then casting a spell such as Crystal Soul Spear can be devastating.

With the Bellowing Dragoncrest Ring, as well as the Crown of Dusk, you're getting about 40% extra damage from all sorceries, which is amazingly devastating. If you'd like to add to that, you can equip the Pyro Glove and the Power Within pyromancy to increase attack damage further by an extra 40%.

Ultimately, mage's kinda stink in PvP, but they're still very dangerous foes. If you hit your opponent ONCE with any sorcery, it's a fight-ender. However, with the low VIT and END, it's a ballsy build to be using.

Dual-Dagger - SL 75 DEX build

Starting Class: Wanderer

Stats:
    VIT: 30
    ATT: Base
    END: 30
    STR: 19
    DEX: 40
    RES: Base
    INT: Base
    FAI: Base

Weapons:
    Right hand 1 - Priscilla's Dagger +5
    Right hand 2 - Nothing
    Left hand 1 - Parrying Dagger
    Left hand 2 - Nothing

Armor:
    Havel's Helm
    Xanthous Armor
    Xanthous Gauntles
    Havel's Leggings

Rings:
    Dark Wood Grain Ring
    Hornet's Ring

This is a high-dexterity build that uses ONLY daggers. Because of this the builds lives off of critical hits such as backstabs, but more importantly, parries. The parrying dagger is an excellent weapon for parrying, and because of the Hornet's Ring, you'll be doing a ton of damage off of them. With 40 DEX, Priscilla's Dagger will be doing respectable damage thanks to the grade A scaling it gets. Additionally, the 500 bleed damage is some nice icing on the cake. Because this build does not use a shield, you're going to need to be rolling around in order to dodge attacks. The Dark Wood Grain Ring is a must have in this situation, and if you want to purchase some Green Blossom and wear the Cloranthy Ring instead of Hornet's, then feel free to do so for the extra stamina regen.

In the end, this build is the most ballsy of them all. Daggers are some of the worst weapons for PvP, and going without a shield just makes the fight more difficult than it needs to be. However, with a lot of skill this build can prove to be immensely fun.

* Will add my other two builds once the editing thing gets sorted out. Right now it's become nearly impossible to type/edit threads for some reason, and I'm becoming exceedingly frustrated with it. Be on the lookout for an Avelyn-based build, as well as a BAMF who uses the Gravelord Sword!

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

Interesting builds, Jack. I know you like having fun with different PvP builds. I've heard from a few sources that mages aren't very well suited for PvP, as you've already found out.

The shield-less dagger build is, indeed, ballsy. You pretty much have like 1 or 2 chances to parry-riposte, and hope that it does enough damage to one-shot them.

Legendary...Nuff Said

Quote Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
    Interesting builds, Jack. I know you like having fun with different PvP builds. I've heard from a few sources that mages aren't very well suited for PvP, as you've already found out.

The shield-less dagger build is, indeed, ballsy. You pretty much have like 1 or 2 chances to parry-riposte, and hope that it does enough damage to one-shot them.
    Yup, pretty much. However, with 30 VIT and some of Havel's Armor on, I can actually take more around 5-6 hits (depending on weaponry) before dying, so I do have a bit of wiggle room. The hardest part is just getting the timing down for the parry. Because of the online lag, you have to press L2 about .5 seconds before you would normally, which can throw me off.

deviantART | Gifts | SOTM XXXVI
    Circumstances may change, but circumcisions are forever.

KCCO!

I'm going to hijack Jack's thread for a minute. I've been contemplating making a new build since my main one is, pretty much, fucked; I put soul levels in stats I didn't necessarily need, so my build is severely underpowered compared to others in my soul level range. That being said, it turned out to be a strength-based build and I sort of like it. I'm thinking of redoing the build, but doing it properly by not wasting soul levels on useless stats. So, here's what I came up with. I've never really been into PvP'ing so I wouldn't know a good PvP build if I saw one, so figured I'd get some feedback.

Starting Class: Pyromancer

Vitality: 40
    Attunement: 23 (For 6 attunement slots)
    Endurance: 40 (Maximum stamina)
    Strength: 50
    Dexterity: 20 (Let's me wield any bow in the game, and the Black Knight weapons have pretty high DEX requirements)
    Resistance: 12 (Base)
    Intelligence: 10 (Base)
    Faith: 8 (Base)
    Soul Level: 120

Weapons:
    Right hand 1: Black Knight halbred +5 or Black Knight Great Axe +5
    Right hand 2: Ascended Pyromancy Flame +5
    Left Hand 1: Silver knight Shield +5 or Greatshield of Artorias
    Left hand 2: -

Armor:
    (Elite) Knight's Set +9

Rings: