Digital Extremes working on a AAA FPS ( The Darkness lll)

This is a discussion on Digital Extremes working on a AAA FPS ( The Darkness lll) within the Darkness II, The forum, part of the D; Digital Extremes is hiring for a secret project that may or may not be The Darkness 3 . According to ...

40oz to freedom

Digital Extremes working on a AAA FPS ( The Darkness lll)

Digital Extremes is hiring for a secret project that may or may not be The Darkness 3. According to job listings on Gamasutra, the developer is looking to hire a level designer, UI designer/artist, environmental artist, and a technical animator/rigger. The studio is said to be “deeply absorbed in the development” of their “super secret, hugely anticipated, and very prestigious AAA 1st person shooter”.
    No further details were given, but a sequel would not be surprising. I finished up the game not too long ago and really enjoyed it. Digital Extremes did a great job at making you feel like a tentacled bad ass. The writing was pretty good and so was the game’s new art style. I would be more than welcome to play a sequel from these guys–especially after that ending. Hopefully this project leads to The Darkness 3; I have too much fun doing the voice while I play.

Digital Extremes gearing up for The Darkness 3| Rely on Horror

Digital Extremes, the studio behind The Darkness 2 and co-creaters of the Unreal series, are advertising for some new staff to work on a “super secret, hugely anticipated, and very prestigious AAA 1st person shooter”.
    The job advertisement outlines Digital Extreme’s desire to continue the passion for and tradition in the industry, talking about their contributions to series such as Unreal and Bioshock. They claim that they are “deeply absorbed in the development” of their new title, suggesting that progress is already well underway.
    Advertised positions listed on Gamasutra include a level designer, gameplay programmer, technical animator/rigger, UI designer/artist, and environmental artist.
    What could this game be? No details yet on which AAA title this would be exactly, but the most likely would be The Darkness 3. With The Darkness 2 achieving a good amount of critical acclaim and decent sales – not to mention the cliffhanger ending which left significant room for a sequel – a third title in the series would make a lot of sense.
    Stay tuned for more details when they emerge.

Digital Extremes Working on The Darkness 3 | Only Single Player

Lvl 6 - Silver

I'b be all over a Darkness III. I absolutley loved the 2nd one!

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    I'b be all over a Darkness III. I absolutley loved the 2nd one!

Indeed, The Darkness II is a damn good game, i will be intriuged as to the nature of the plot coming off the back of that finale.

PRO Member

I would love to see a Darkness III myself. Thought the second game was really fun.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere