View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

3 18.75%
  • Moderate

12 75.00%
  • Hard

1 6.25%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Darksiders II forum, part of the D; Thanks to dsluckay for making this banner. This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

Thanks to dsluckay for making this banner.

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by dsluckay; 10-17-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

www.powerpyx.com

I voted for Moderate.
    I did my first run on Apocalyptic difficulty which required some retries here and there. The fact that you can buy health potions makes it a lot easier! The crucible isn't that big of a deal because you can switch to easy difficulty at any time.

Collectibles and side quests just required some time and dedication. Platinum took me about 45 hours.

Forget I Was Ever Here

voted easy: Nothing hard or time consuming in the game i started apocalyptic as well and only died one 1 boss but took awhile to kill all the boss's…

It is time for me to go underground

Wants a Riding Turtle!

I voted moderate because of the semi time consuming factors for the plat

I have not plat this game yet only because of the reason I have not received the strength card on 2 play throughs

Sactravas

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate due to the exhausting collectibles.

Toggle Spoiler

Rainbow in the dark

I voted moderate, if it weren't for the glitches i would give it an easy rating... i almost gave up due to this.
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Wants a Riding Turtle!

still cant get the strength card *sigh* doing yet again another play through this time on easy I hope this works

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I voted moderate because it was.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Moderate - Great game shame about the freeze issues, I also started on Apocalyptic which was not to bad at all, done the crucible and the arbitors maze on easy though.

No Game No Life

Easy. I dunno if it's just me but I found Apocalyptic difficulty to be easy. The final boss is also a joke. The battle didn't even last for 5 minutes. The Crucible wasn't very hard. Too bad the reward is kinda useless now. I think the only time I died was when I fought the Deposed King accidentally and I was still around level 12 lol, one swing = dead. Another thing I hated here is that there are a lot of collectibles specially those stones.

Currently Playing:
    I dunno what to play anymore.. Too many JRPG

Checklist || GFX Showcase

Huge Gaming Backlog

Moderate: Same as the first Darksiders in that it was easy overall but there was still a crazy amount of collectibles.

Wicked Slipknot Sig and Avy by Shadow Guru: Kid420247

R.I.P Ps3 02/01/14 :(

I voted easy on this. Didn't mind doing 2 playthroughs as the game was great. Loved the rpg element to it and picking out your own equipment. Death had some great moves, and fantastic weapons. Upgrading your own weapons was a great idea but I never got to a health steal weapon. I'm kind of glad I didn't because that would have made the game a bit easier. Just wasn't keen on collecting all of them bloody stones.

Sig and avy by the awesomely talented stupot00 and GDT bar by the excellent djunglist

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate, collectibles, arbiters maze and crucible were probably hardest parts. Very cool game, i liked it.