Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Game is a Piece of Crap, Avoid Entirely

This is a discussion on Game is a Piece of Crap, Avoid Entirely within the Darksiders II forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- Wow so much hate in this thread lol. Bodi is just warning people bout the glitches, ...

NSFW

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    Wow so much hate in this thread lol. Bodi is just warning people bout the glitches, yeah he comes off a bit harsh but he is obviously angry right now cause he got cheated out of the and has to invest another 30 hours into it when he could be going for another game. He also stated in a later post that the game is great its just that glitch. No need to defend the game till the death from fanboys guys geez.

Thanks for the heads up mate, DS2 will sit on the shelf alongside DS1 for now
    Agreed. I don't own the game, so I can't personally give my experience or something, but when there is at least 1300 accounted bugs in the forums of the Darksiders II forum (probably a lot more), you should know, that some of technical stuff is not right. This is not an opinion, it's not a review, it's a fair warning of already reported faulty technical points. There is a too big probability, that your game is going to bug out. Don't be too harsh on poor Bodigard

Sig made by Beam. Platbar by Thunder.

Sig made by Beam.
    Platbar made by Thunder.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I wonder if the Better Business Bureau is even gonna give a damn that a video game screwed up. Doesn't sound like top of the list problems to me.
    Batman Arkham Asylum l Batman Arkham City l Bioshock l Borderlands l GoW: Chains of Olympus l God of War
    GoW: Ghost of Sparta l God of War II l God of War III l InFamous l Killzone l Killzone 3 l LEGO Batman 2 l LEGO LotR
    LittleBigPlanet l LittleBigPlanet Vita l Plants Vs. Zombies Vita l PS All-Stars Vita l R&C: Going Commando
    R&C: Up Your Arsenal l R&C: A Crack in Time l R&C: All4One l R&C: Full Frontal Assault l Resistance: Burning Skies
    The Walking Dead l Trine 2 l Uncharted: Golden Abyss

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by oscar View Post
    I wonder if the Better Business Bureau is even gonna give a damn that a video game screwed up. Doesn't sound like top of the list problems to me.
    by law they have to follow up on all complaints so i figure screw with THQ for a few hours for wasting my time with this shit
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

Angel of Death

On my original fat PS3, I had the problem 1 happen on multiple different games, so I am not sure if that is just the game. As for number 2, that's pretty lame. I was actually going to go pick this up, but Sleepsing Dogs, here I come.

Lvl 7 - Gold

I'm so disappointed to read all the negative reviews and about all the glitches and issues this game has. I was REALLY excited about getting this. But now I guess I will wait till a patch (which the game defo sounds like it needs) and a ridiculous price drop before I get it.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Damn that really sucks. I heard problems of the game always freezing when you go into the Soul Arbiter's Maze, but nothing this bad... Sure I'm glad I didn't get any of those problems.

When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave people wondering how the hell you did it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Most PS3 games have severe bugs lol. All games are buggy, especially 2 days after release. THQ will patch it, just hang on. I rented it and I find it very fascinating and intriguing - kind of reminds me of Soul Reaver 2 in a sense [although if they make a Soul Reaver 3, I'd forget about ANY game heh] but yeah... Talk about bugs try playing NFS Undercover lol. So far though Darksiders 2 has only frozen once on me and I think I blame myself I was rushing through menus too quickly, never a good plan. I love the art style and voices and characters, pretty awesome. Give it a chance and just ignore the bugs, that's my 2 cents.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hey Bodi, what I was saying is normally glitches like these are easily fixed by deleting your' GAME DATA and reinstalling it. Or you can back up our save and delete Game and Save Data. Then import your save.

I wasn't attacking anyone, but I was trying to let people know while there are known bugs and glitches, they shouldn't avoid the game completely. I hope you have good luck with the game. Try wht i said and I hope it works for you.

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 6 - Silver

it's not a Bethesda game... so they'll patch it

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game only froze for me once other than the soul Arbiter book bug. The game is amazing and I don't see why you are shunning people from such a great game.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Just a quick question about this game, is the combat a lot better than the first? I am roughly 10hours (at most) into the first game, and hate the combat. It's pretty weak... But other than that, I'm enjoying the first one quite a lot. Not quite GoW or HS, but fun none the less.
    PSN ID: nookie_egg [GMT]
    Feel free to add me if you want, just send me a message that you're from here and what you are interested in boosting if necessary BUT PLEASE, NO BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS.
    Boosting online trophies of:
    NFS THE RUN [co-op], BIOSHOCK 2 [level 40]
    Thanks to EVERYONE who helps boosting sessions!
    [

Trophy Guide Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nookie_Egg View Post
    Just a quick question about this game, is the combat a lot better than the first? I am roughly 10hours (at most) into the first game, and hate the combat. It's pretty weak... But other than that, I'm enjoying the first one quite a lot. Not quite GoW or HS, but fun none the less.
    Its different than the first...Death is more about finesse and speed as opposed to War who is more about Power. Combat plays more like a GoW game in the second game

PRO Member

Wow this thread took a turn for the worst. Not sure if anyone thought I was flaming with what I said, but just to clear it up I wasn't meaning to attack Bodi for his post. But the end result from what I have read is what I feared would happen: the majority of people who were looking forward to this game have now just completely axed it without giving it a chance for themselves. I can understand how a glitch can piss people off. The Boss Batch 3 trophy on GoW 2 glitched on me and I never went back to get it. But my main point is I had a great amount of fun with thw game. I still feel like the game freezes are a matter of a lot of people racking up huge amount of hours on their systems lifetime, and a system performance issue, NOT a game issue. For all 1200 (or whatever was claimed) freeze instances that have been reported there are just as many people who had no issue with the game. Game freezes don't pick and choose who they are going to happen to. If the game freezing happened to EVERYONE who played it, then a game issue. The only time my game gas froze was when I accidentally tried fast traveling to a place you couldn't fast travel to. Never during play. As for the quest glitch, that really sucks. Didn't happen to me, but I'm not calling you a liar either. I would be pissed about it happening as well. And honestly I could see myself making a post identical to this obe, telling people not to play the game because of it. That being said, THQ is already in a bad state as a business and were heavily banking on this game to make a profit and help turn the tables on their bad luck. As shitty as it sounds, bad reviews on this game due to bugs and game breaking glitches could actually be the end of this game developer. This is what I wouldn't want to happen, when every aspect of this game is phenomenal. I am biased I guess, but idc either. This is one of the more enjoyable series I have ever played in my life, and if this company goes under and doesnt get the chance to make a trilogy installment of this series I would help fund a kickstarter fund specifically for it. If games were to be shunned immediately from bugs, Bethesda never should have been allowed to make another game after Fallout 3. But the game was still amazing. That's how I feel about darksiders 2. I would counter Bodi's advice only by saying the amount of enjoyment you can get from playing this game significantly supercedes any amount of bugs or game freezing. The combat, platforming and puzzles are masterfully created, only outdone with how well THQ mixes the 3 elements to work together. Give this game the chance it deserves, save often while playing and don't pass through doors while autosaving It really is worth it.Just my two cents...

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I don't know if anyone cares or not but I think the game is awesome. Sure my game freezes up in a couple of spots but it does that in other games as well. I own the original 80 gig fat ps3 so I think that is why is freezes cuz it is most likely nearing the end of its life.

Lvl 6 - Silver

I have experienced some freezing but nothing major,I think the game is great

Sig and avatar by big bad bladia

Rainbow in the dark

Oh goddammit yes the constant freezing, enough to drive you insane, thank god i haven't had that particular problem you just mentioned... but i can't help but laugh at your moaning, so haha.
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

On the edge

I love the game myself......

I haven't yet beat the game due to alternating between this and a couple of other games but as for freezing, I have had no issues as of yet and for any glitches.....none.

PRO Member

patch has already been released as of now so this thread can probably just be dismissed altogether

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Since Aug. 09

see Homefront>THQ sux balls, dont surprise me at all! fun as hell game but the buggiest game ive ever played.

Dominate!

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Common View Post
    patch has already been released as of now so this thread can probably just be dismissed altogether
    Unless the patch didn't address all the issues...or, even worse, caused a new set of glitches to come to light.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast