Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Game is a Piece of Crap, Avoid Entirely

This is a discussion on Game is a Piece of Crap, Avoid Entirely within the Darksiders II forum, part of the D; I never come across major problems in a game but it has finally happened to myself. Here are my gripes ...

Needz Trophy Card

Game is a Piece of Crap, Avoid Entirely

I never come across major problems in a game but it has finally happened to myself. Here are my gripes and honestly if anyone from the Review Team gives this game higher than a 5 then obviously you have not played this game to completion and your just copying and pasting from another site.

PROBLEM #1:

The constant freezing is starting to increase in frequency after the 6th hour of play. Im not on hour 30 and ive had the game freeze 10 times. Typically I can just press the PS3 power button and restart but now for the 2nd time in less than a hour it's frozen my PS3 enough to where I have to pull the power cord.

PROBLEM #2:

Now my main quest has disappered during my 2nd playthrough in the Land of the Dead. After talking to the King I should start the City of the Dead. But NOPE. Primary quests is gone and none of the quest givers are able to re-give the quest and dont help worth a friggin damn.

Avoid this piece of crap until there is an update to fix this crap. Im personally going to call THQ and explain my problems and see if someone over there can bother to explain this shit. If Im not satisfied im going to the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint and let THQ deal with the government while I play another game.
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

Change is mediocre

Really? I was looking forward to this game.

So does that mean you are screwed if you can't even get the quest to start?

Resident PHD

I was heavily contemplating getting this game or Transformers. I held out for Transformers and am kind of glad I did. I have been hearing from quite a few people that the game isn't up to the first one's standards.

Also Bodi, you are under the assumption that the RT actually reviews new games

AWESOME SIG AND AVY BY ALISON CHECK OUT HER WORK HERE

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    Really? I was looking forward to this game.

So does that mean you are screwed if you can't even get the quest to start?
    yup im screwed out of my friggin plat, i just created the perfect weapon and armor load out which made my apocalyptic run a complete joke but oh no this shitty game decided to screw with me

Lvl 3 - Bronze

That sucks man , I just started this game yesterday , and for some reason i just cant really get in to it . Ive also had to quit the game several times and restart it because ur guy will get stuck behind a rock or something and not be able to get out , stupid

PRO Member

Wow this sounds terrible lol wasn't ever going to get it, but this sucks hardcore.

Check Those Corners

Wow was looking forward to it. That really does suck

Royal Flush X2

Sounds like the game wasn't tested out enough. I'll stay clear of this one until fix, thanks for letting us know Bodi

Plats-O'-War!!

...........And it will stay in plastic until this get sorted out. Damn shame as I was looking forward to this game :stare:

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Guys calm down. There are a few game breakers, but they don't randomly happen. They are caused by something you do wrong. And as far as mission quest, just go to your map, hit T for quests and select main mission with [], it will fix the issue. If the worst happens and you lose save data, just erase GAME DATA and start over. Your' trophies remain. I recommend backing up your save onto Cloud just in case. But if you follow any guide you should have no problems.

This one problem should not sway your' decision. I say everyone should get this game.

Toggle Spoiler

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrFranchise View Post
    Guys calm down. There are a few game breakers, but they don't randomly happen. They are caused by something you do wrong. And as far as mission quest, just go to your map, hit T for quests and select main mission with [], it will fix the issue. If the worst happens and you lose save data, just erase GAME DATA and start over. Your' trophies remain. I recommend backing up your save onto Cloud just in case. But if you follow any guide you should have no problems.This one problem should not sway your' decision. I say everyone should get this game.
    Totally agree with this. I've got well over 15 hrs into this game and it has nvr frozen once. Bodi maybe you should look at the performance of your ps3 before you start throwing disses out to the game. This game is super fun and anyone who says it doesn't live up to the expectations of the first game obviously hasn't played it for more than an hour. This game is better than the first in almost every way. If your main quest is truly glitched and what the guy above me said doesn't fix it than that honestly sucks. Hope it doesn't happen to me. But if you didnt have fun with the game there is no point in getting the damn platinum becuz games are for FUN....not trophies.

"I Love & Hate to Thump-Thump Annabelle and Maria with That Gun or This Machine. It's Lucky my Pew Pew recharges my Tesla-Beaton automatically, or my All-American Big Boomer would Knock-Knock your Cram Opener quicker than you can yell 'Oh Baby!, Mercy!!' Holy Frag Grenades Batman! You need a large Mysterious Magnum to ring THAT Dinner Bell!"

On a scale from 1 to 10, my charisma would be 007

Retired

For the people who're sad by this thread, remember, this is an opinion.

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by MrFranchise View Post
    Guys calm down. There are a few game breakers, but they don't randomly happen. They are caused by something you do wrong. And as far as mission quest, just go to your map, hit T for quests and select main mission with [], it will fix the issue. If the worst happens and you lose save data, just erase GAME DATA and start over. Your' trophies remain. I recommend backing up your save onto Cloud just in case. But if you follow any guide you should have no problems.

This one problem should not sway your' decision. I say everyone should get this game.
    look ive invested well over 30 hours into this game and i consider it a slap in the face for the consumer when crap like this happens but I understand your attempt to try and persuade people but THQ needs to be held accountable for this. Im one to never complain about a game break or a freeze here or there but at the frequency of it happening is ridiculous. Ive looked over at Darksider's forums and there are already 40 pages of different bugs and game breaks. This will be the first time Ive ever taken the time to contact the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint over a gaming company.

Forget I Was Ever Here

YOU CAN'T LISTEN TO JUST ONE PERSON!!!!! one game froze on me only 1 time at the arbitrators maze thats the only place i finished the game on apocalyptic and still no freezing the game is great and a lot of fun!!!! I'm also at 35 hours played i don't know if that counts with the pause button but only 1 freeze that is common amount everyone from what i know i would suggest this game to everyone that did want it and got turned away from why Bodigard says..ive had nothing wrong with my mission quota or anything and ask Self Sabatour as he just plat the game for confirmation

It is time for me to go underground

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    For the people who're sad by this thread, remember, this is an opinion.
    it's not an opinion, im stating fact. im warning the people on this site about the potential of not earning a platinum in this game.

funny you havent played the game yourself so talking out of your ass makes you seem credible.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    it's not an opinion, im stating fact. im warning the people on this site about the potential of not earning a platinum in this game.

funny you havent played the game yourself so talking out of your ass makes you seem credible.
    The game is called Darksiders 2 not Platinum.

So? I haven't played the game? What difference does that make?

Reviews are opinions, you calling this game a piece of crap for 2 issues is an opinion. The issues which might be fixed in a patch.

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Sly Cooper View Post
    The game is called Darksiders 2 not Platinum.

So? I haven't played the game? What difference does that make?

Reviews are opinions, you calling this game a piece of crap for 2 issues is an opinion. The issues which might be fixed in a patch.
    from the sounds on the bobble-knuckle head posts that you and a few others have posted ive decided to fix some things for you all to understand.

1. i love this game, combat and everything else has been working beautifully

2. combo system and the whole possessed weapon thing was pure genius

3. level up system....great

4. my problem was with HOW the game functions and works. <--- Point of the thread, great game IF NOT FOR THE FRIGGIN PROBLEMS. If a patch were to release fixing these problems then Id give it a solid 8 or 9.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Bodigard View Post
    from the sounds on the bobble-knuckle head posts that you and a few others have posted ive decided to fix some things for you all to understand.

1. i love this game, combat and everything else has been working beautifully

2. combo system and the whole possessed weapon thing was pure genius

3. level up system....great

4. my problem was with HOW the game functions and works. <--- Point of the thread, great game IF NOT FOR THE FRIGGIN PROBLEMS. If a patch were to release fixing these problems then Id give it a solid 8 or 9.
    Then post this on the THQ forums, I'm pretty sure they read stuff there.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Look guy/girl don't shun people away from buying the game or even renting it not everyone has a problem with their game, you just happen to be one those that did..you could have stated your opinion but not recommend an awesome game to fellow gamers i just don't get that

It is time for me to go underground

Needz Trophy Card

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Look guy/girl don't shun people away from buying the game or even renting it not everyone has a problem with their game, you just happen to be one those that did..you could have stated your opinion but not recommend an awesome game to fellow gamers i just don't get that
    once again, if the game didnt come with the baggage of problems I would be on top of the mountain saying RENT/BUY this game. as i said in the OP i typically do not come across many game problems that truly bug me to make a post, but with all the problem surrounding what should of been an AAA title it was necessary to warn the populace.

it comes down to you yourself to decide whether or not to listen to said advice instead of typing a broken english post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast