collectables?

This is a discussion on collectables? within the Darksiders II forum, part of the D; just completed the game on normal and im wondering if i should get the collectables on my apocalyptic playthrough or ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

collectables?

just completed the game on normal and im wondering if i should get the collectables on my apocalyptic playthrough or finish up all the collectables before i go through ng+, got 29 pages of the book of the dead, about 15 relics, and no stone bits, anybody got any thoughts on what would be faster?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

so i just went ahead and started on apocalyptic with a collectable checklist, ill just go through and get all the ones i know about and check them off and then go back after i finish playthrough 2 to collect everything i missed

PRO Member

collectibles are a nightmare in this game. it's ridiculous.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

just finished up yesterday, not really that bad, went through with a checklist to mark the ones i got while playing through apocalyptic difficulty and then went back to finish them up after i finished, still got through the second playthrough faster than my first even with completing all the side quests and collectables

PRO Member

yeah, but that's exactly my point. you NEED a guide and a checklist.
    I like to try to find the collectables myself. it would be great if you had a way to know where you are missing stuff.
    but i guess the checklist is really the way to go on this game.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

well, if you check your side quest log it will show you how many of each collectable you have so that narrows it down a little bit, but really the only way is to make a list of what you find and where you find it and check it against a full list

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Is it possible to explore The Phariseer's tomb, Judicator tomb and Psychameron after completing the story? I'm still missing one stonebite and one relic. I'm checking all the area's where they are, but can't really explore the 3 area's I mentioned before because I don't have the ghosts to command anymore. Or is it better to start NG+ and look for all of them again?

Lvl 10 - Platinum

you can use the soul splitter to get to all previously accessible areas that you could only get to with the ghosts