Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tome server down, but not for good...

This is a discussion on Tome server down, but not for good... within the Darksiders II forum, part of the D; So was playing Darksiders 2 yesterday and noticed around 5pm that I couldn't access the tome. Restarted the PS3, checked ...

PRO Member

Tome server down, but not for good...

So was playing Darksiders 2 yesterday and noticed around 5pm that I couldn't access the tome. Restarted the PS3, checked my ping and reloaded the game. I still got a connection error, after browsing around the web for a bit, I found no evidance that the server was intentionally taken down. But as THQ doesn't exist anymore, I'm not sure that any such statement would have been made. Nordic which picked up the Darksiders IP might be maintaining the servers, as they have been up all this time, until yesterday (sent my guest account a weapon for storage the day before), but I have seen no news coorberating this theory.
    Seems a few other people have posted on the THQ forums about not being able to connect to the server, and in checking another site's timestamps there has been noone who has gotten the "Pay it Foward" trophy since approx 4 PM June 29th. If in fact the servers are down for good this game will unfortunately become unplattable, as the aforementioned trophy required you to send an item to a friend.
    I will try to keep checking the tome and online, to see if I can find any evidance of the server having come back online, or a definative shutdown...
    Last edited by Trunksu25; 07-03-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Awesome sig by
    Kid420247! Thank you so much!!!

Many thanks to RaveNScythe18
    for the awesome platcard!!!

My Trophy List
    : Click Here

Lvl 9 - Gold

aannnddd.....now I regret getting distracted from finishing this game.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Jay
    ಠ_ಠ

I actually noticed that earlier when I was playing... I didn't really think much of it. The game hasn't been out out for a year yet, so I highly doubt that the servers will be taken offline, regardless of THQ's position.

That said, it could be worth exploring whether other THQ titles have had their servers taken down

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I just checked. Its still down. And this is after JUST spending 10 bucks for the stupid crucible pass.

Plats-O'-War!!

Man, I hope this isn't true!! I still have to play Darksiders 2 If this is true, then I'll just play for the story and nothing more. Damn shame.

Forget I Was Ever Here

Umm why even post of THQ forums? Doesn't make any sense if you want an answer! Call Nordic Games headquarters and ask them what it going on.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 2 - Bronze

why would nordic games have an answer. they just have the rights to the game. not a game already developed and sold by vigil/thq.

call them and they would just laugh and scratch their heads. then tell you to keep an eye out for darksiders 3 in 2 years...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by xKnightReiteRx View Post
    I just checked. Its still down. And this is after JUST spending 10 bucks for the stupid crucible pass.
    Why would you spend money for an online pass for a game that has no support from its makers anymore? Probably should've just bought it new, could've saved money since the game isn't that expensive anymore. I think I got it for $15 a couple months ago.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Because I rented it from gamefly before I knew it need an online pass nor did I know that thq was going under until the past week. That's why...

so from my perspective, looks like I saved more money than you. 10 bucks....meh

Forget I Was Ever Here

why would nordic games have an answer. they just have the rights to the game. not a game already developed and sold by vigil/thq.

call them and they would just laugh and scratch their heads. then tell you to keep an eye out for darksiders 3 in 2 years...

Ummm NO they take all the rights to the game you think they bought the ip said F it? Thats so ludicrous, although I don't know Nordic Games but I'm sure they have answer for you if you attempt to even contact them. You said people are trying to get in contact with THQ I don't see why anybody would do that period anymore even if it was originally theirs.

I personally recently had an issue with a THQ game that I owned for a while and the ip was bought by someone else and I contacted them and they did give me a response because that's what should be happening. Maybe since you started the thread saying it was possibly down you should get the answer for everyone? But hey thats just me.

EDIT: Yes Knight you didn't make the thread my apologies. Still though they do take over the servers and I do believe it was Nordic Games who picked it up but that I'm not entirely sure.

It is time for me to go underground

Lvl 2 - Bronze

A) I didn't start the thread. I chimed in.

B) Ya I do think they bought the rights to the game and possibly said f it. And wait until they produce their own darksiders.
    And I highly doubt either side will have an answer for their customers.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

But I'll still try to contact them and post what I come up with.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Oh and you post on thq forums the same reason why you'd post here. With the hopes that someone, anyone, has an answer for you...

yes nordic picked it up, but their a Swedish company with darksiders and a few other mature titles being their first in the business. and so far to my knowledge they cater mostly to dance/music games for the wii.

What I read so far, is they're currently looking for a dev team to put together the third installment of darksiders and hoping to work with crytek.

PRO Member

^^^
    Instead of posting back to back. Use the edit feature. Moderators frown on this.

I doubt they are down for good since the game isn't very old. Probably just doing maintenance or something
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Ya I just realized I was posting back to back. The last post I edited. Sorry.
    Thats also what I was thinking/hoping. Transfer of sales + maintenance.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoo_Hoo_Sniper View Post
    Ummm NO they take all the rights to the game you think they bought the ip said F it? Thats so ludicrous, although I don't know Nordic Games but I'm sure they have answer for you if you attempt to even contact them. You said people are trying to get in contact with THQ I don't see why anybody would do that period anymore even if it was originally theirs.

I personally recently had an issue with a THQ game that I owned for a while and the ip was bought by someone else and I contacted them and they did give me a response because that's what should be happening. Maybe since you started the thread saying it was possibly down you should get the answer for everyone? But hey thats just me.

EDIT: Yes Knight you didn't make the thread my apologies. Still though they do take over the servers and I do believe it was Nordic Games who picked it up but that I'm not entirely sure.
    Honestly I've already e-mailed Nordic and am awaiting a response, they seem to be a fairly small company, but seem to have decent ratings for customer service so I'm hoping for an answer soon. I actually only posted just a few mins ago on THQ's forums as people are wondering why they can't send items, but stats will track. Seems there were 2 different servers 1 for stats/leaderboards, and the other was for the tome (which is the one that is down). Basically what I wrote there was that PS3 users are experiencing a similar issue (was in a thread about the xbox version) and had previously checked out their forums for a possible shutdown notice of their servers.

@Highway & xKnight:
    That was the 1st thing that crossed my mind, was that Nordic is transferring the servers over to their own. I'm really hoping this is the case as the servers have both been online the duration of my playing the game. I can confirm the stat server is up as I just completed Nightmare last night and my clear time is actually showing up (and correct as opposed to my fastest completion time, which glitched my 2nd playthrough). Be that as it may I'm not taking anything for granted, and my fiancee is furious I talked her into cleaning up a few other titles before she started the game

Awesome sig by

My Trophy List

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Because I rented it from gamefly before I knew it need an online pass nor did I know that thq was going under until the past week. That's why...

so from my perspective, looks like I saved more money than you. 10 bucks....meh
    But I can also sell my copy for more than what I paid so I actually made some money off it and you apparently only care about getting some trophies since you bought an online pass for a game that doesn't really have many online trophies.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksu25 View Post
    @Highway & xKnight:
    That was the 1st thing that crossed my mind, was that Nordic is transferring the servers over to their own. I'm really hoping this is the case as the servers have both been online the duration of my playing the game. I can confirm the stat server is up as I just completed Nightmare last night and my clear time is actually showing up (and correct as opposed to my fastest completion time, which glitched my 2nd playthrough). Be that as it may I'm not taking anything for granted, and my fiancee is furious I talked her into cleaning up a few other titles before she started the game
    Im thinking this may be the case as Homefront serves seem to be going through the same issues with their transfer to Crytek. Ill be very disappointed if Darksiders servers dont come back as this is still in my backlog

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    But I can also sell my copy for more than what I paid so I actually made some money off it and you apparently only care about getting some trophies since you bought an online pass for a game that doesn't really have many online trophies.
    I dont sell games. I think its pointless with what you actually make off of a sale. And yes I care for trophies and 100% completion of a game so I spent 10 bucks on a game I'll eventually send back when Im done. Pointless discussion...

PRO Member

UPDATE:
    This was posted on the THQ forums less than 10 mins ago...

"Hey,

This is horseman Reinhard from Nordic Games.
    We are looking into that. Just a quick question: The game also doesnt ask you to login to your THQ account or it doesnt work, correct?

Just for your information: The whole server environment is still not in our hands so we need to liaise with thewith the people that are left at THQ to work this out.
    Best,
    Reinhard Pollice
    Executive Horseman @ Nordic Games GmbH"

link: http://community.darksiders.com/go/t...last#533604043
    now to figure out how to change the thread title, but this is quite a relief as I still hadn't recieved a reply to my message to customer support.

Awesome sig by

My Trophy List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast