Worth buying?

This is a discussion on Worth buying? within the Darksiders forum, part of the D; I've just checked out the EU Store and saw that Darksiders is available to buy for the princely sum of ...

Lvl 9 - Gold

Worth buying?

I've just checked out the EU Store and saw that Darksiders is available to buy for the princely sum of 3.19 GBP. I've been on the fence for a while as to whether to buy this game; even when it was offered free via PS+ some time ago, I ended up not downloading it. I know next to nothing about Darksiders, so I should check out some YouTube videos and whatnot before committing to it.

Anyway, do you guys recommend it? If I do buy it, it'll likely sit on my hard drive for some time while I concentrate on getting online trophies out of the way, but at least it'll be ready for me to play when I return to single-player gaming. I plan to take a large step back from online-heavy games later this year and spend some time playing solely single-player titles, so this should help occupy me for a while. Should I?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I enjoyed it, hack n slash type game with a cool story, lots of moves, leveling up I'm playing number 2 now and it's good I recommend it

PRO Member

It sort of feels like a darker, or more grown up version of Legend of Zelda (dungeons, item collecting/upgrading, boss fights, exploring, puzzles, etc). It certainly doesn't have the charm of LoZ, yet the gameplay is solid, and worth experiencing.

I suggest you'd make it a habbit to start downloads on free PS+ games, and if you're currently not interested in it, cancel the download to save the bandwidth/space. That will allow you to download it later via download history should your tastes change, or find yourself being bored to tears during a gaming drought (typically summer).
    <signature>
    [Insert garbage no one gives two fucks about]
    </signature>

Lord of all Goat-Men

The only game that I played that was similar to Darksiders was (IMO) God of War, and comparing the two, Darksider's didn't feel as good. Granted, I put down the controller fairly early (about 1.5/2 hours in), but I just wasn't enjoying it.

That said, it's extremely cheap, so I say risk it, you might end up enjoying it.

PRO Member

Awesome game

People fear what they can't understand, hate what they can't conquer

Lvl 10 - Platinum

combination of god of war and legend of zelda, i found it to be awesome, controlling war does feel kinda clunky at times but that was my only complaint

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

At that price, pick it up, it's a really good game and takes a decent chunk of time to finish.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Yeah I'd say get it. It's an amazing game.
    > LIKE my Facebook page, where I post Gaming News!! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evere...22814831104589 <

Add me on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/The1TheBob?ref=tn_tnmn

Follow me - https://twitter.com/The1TheBob

My FAVE FIVE:

WWE: Goldust, Zack Ryder, Bray Wyatt, Cody Rhodes, Big E Langston

PRO Member

Certainly worth it, especially at that price.

Negator

Got my copy with the adequate pricing 'free'.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Lvl 6 - Silver

Totally worth it, especially at that price.

Uncharted | Ratchet & Clank: aCiT | Uncharted 2 | Heavy Rain | CoD:WaW | Prince of Persia | Resident Evil 5 | Darksiders | Prince of Persia: tFS Assassins Creed 2 | LittleBigPlanet | Modern Warfare 2 | Uncharted 3 | Enslaved: OttW | Battlefield: BC2 | God of War I & II | Mafia II
    NFS: Hot Pursuit | Resistance 2 | Tekken 6 | Bioshock | Star Wars: tFU | Mass Effect | Portal 2 | God of War: CoO & GoS | Tomb Raider

Lvl 7 - Gold

i would say buy it its socheap and if u dont like it also u wont feel like u have wasted alot of money on it. personally i didnt find it very fun. i stopped playing after about 5-6hrs into the game. wqs pretty bored of it, it felt like a worse version of god of war which i am a huge fan of but darkse
    iders had top many puzzles for my liking also the combat was vey tedious not hard and i got a few glitches and one glitch was almost game breaking. but u may end up liking it so go and get it