View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

2 5.41%
  • 2 - Easy

16 43.24%
  • 3 - Moderate

15 40.54%
  • 4 - Hard

3 8.11%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Darksiders forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy

If you go with the hardest difficulty at the beginning, it really doesn't hurt the learning curve all that much. The game has quite a bit in terms of collectibles, a few kill types, and an idiotic trophy for riding a horse for an unnecessarily long amount of time. Like many of these "Zelda" type games, it really gets easier as you get more weapons and health. Not a bad a game, and a pretty straight forward Platinum, with minimal hiccups along the way.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy. Rubicant81 said it perfectly.

Hey, feel free to add me (Coconutz) on PSN!

Team Dingleberry

I said Moderate. I'm pretty sure that at least one area you cannot return to after you leave, so if you miss a collectible in that area you're stuck playing the game again. I played the game twice, which you may or may not want to do... being able to use the awesome armor during my Apocalyptic playthrough was helpful.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I did two runthroughs of the game, making the Hard difficulty a lot easier as I knew what to expect. There was a little grinding for me to do, though that doesn't really affect the games difficulty. The hardest trophy for me was Aerial Predator. That one took A LOT of attempts to get.

Collectibles were not a factor as you could go back to any part of the game apart from the very beginning.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

couple of hard trophies that take some skill, a little bit of collecting, but nothing horrible. id say either moderate or slightly easy

Lvl 9 - Gold

Easy- there some grinding and part you have to look out for but nothing that will really throw you off too badly.
    "I do not agree with a word you say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."- Voltaire

The First Wrestling Platinum Grand Slam Winner on PS3Trophies.com

Trophy Checklist: http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/tr...-doghouse.html

Lvl 4 - Silver

3. Moderate- Aerial Predator was a major pain in the ass for me and a good amount of collectibles as others mentioned. Not to easy but not too hard either so I say moderate.

Currently Working On- Borderlands 2 52% Resistance: Burning Skies 40%

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate - the riding trophy was a pain to grind, but for me the big issue was Aerial Predator which was one of the worst bronze trophies I've ever got. It took a LOT of tries (like 50?) for me to get the flying bat patterns down right and I must have had a good half-dozen attempts where I fell short by only a couple of kills. One of only two trophies I've got that actually made me yell at the TV in frustration (rather than just grumble under my breath with annoyance!).

Lvl 3 - Bronze

2- Easy
    It isn't that hard, just a couple of trophies that are time consuming.

"Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid."

"The road to success is always under construction."

List of PLAYSTATION 3 Games without Trophy Support.

Avatar, Signature and Profile header by In2

Lvl 6 - Silver

Easy - I really enjoyed this game as well as plating it. The game on Apocalyptic with the Abyssal Armor carried over is a breeze! Arieal Predator was indeed a tough bronze trophy (prolly took me 30+ tries myself) but if you make a separate save file before it and just come back to it occasionally to try it it's not that bad. Also the only other thing that gave me trouble in this game was the collectibles. Only because I didn't take note of what I had already found when it was time to clean up. So I strongly advise anyone to print out a collectibles guide and mark off what you've found.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'd say easy as nothing was really difficult. Just time consuming.

Platinum Procrastinator

I voted easy. The only trophy that makes it somewhat difficult is the Aerial Predator one. Other than that its just a matter of time finding all of the collectibles and upgrading your weapons.
    Like TV shows, join the Small Screen Gossip group!

PRO Member

A middle of the road platinum for me. The hard mode was a little challenging but not too bad with the Abyssmal Armor. The item collection is difficult to follow at times.

Remember You Soon

My vote is 3-Moderate. I like it. I really did, what I didn't like was the grind for the weapon XP. Was crazy, but eventually got it done. Aerial Predator was a true pain in the ass for me. Now, the ride ruin for 100 miles trophy was not a problem. I used a book on the left stick to have War ride in circles, went to sleep, 2 hours later, "ding" . Just in time for Darksiders II!

Rainbow in the dark

easy~ other than the aerial predator and maxing out your weapons trophy, this really isn't all that hard... AWESOME game though
    sig made by Bladia

Every time I drink a beer
    It makes your lazy eye disappear
    Every time I do a shot
    I think you're hot, but I know you're not
    Oh, I'm just trying to drink you pretty

Lvl 3 - Bronze

moderate , some of the boss battles were tough because i started off on hard and didnt know what to do , oh well it was a great game no matter what

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The game was easy a trophy. The biggest B**tch of the game was the stupid Angelic Beast trophy. Other than that the game was kinda boring seemed to lose steam in parts that didn't seem to make sense, go way out of ur way to get some random thing thing only to come all the way back. or they put a beholder key right by the door needed. Not a fan of the darksiders and what I have read darksiders II is just very random with huge maps that u get lost in and collectibles that u don't know what they are for. More boring gameplay. IGN gave it a 7.5.

www.powerpyx.com

2/5 - Easy
    It's a little bit time consuming, but not hard at all. If you start on easy difficulty you will have the abyssal armor for the apocalyptic run. Thanks to the health steal ability the apocalyptic run is no big deal.
    If you start on apocalyptic right away you may save yourself 5 hours of playtime, but it's a lot more challenging then.
    I did two runs and it took me 38 hours to get platinum.

Easy just because the collectibles
    Sig & Yoo_Hoo's made by Pancake Model
    Avy made by DARE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast