Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

wooop finally F2P!!

This is a discussion on wooop finally F2P!! within the DC Universe Online forum, part of the D; Just so yall know, in F2P you CAN NOT earn trophies.. you need to be a Legendary Member for that. ...

PRO Member

Just so yall know, in F2P you CAN NOT earn trophies.. you need to be a Legendary Member for that.

But that aside the game is epic, I love MMO's and this being based on the whole DC Universe is awesome to me.

As for bugs and what not, it has a few. The sound cuts out at times, mainly footsteps.
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

Puns always intended.

One dimension short of being in a 3D game.

Almost bought this a while back but thankfully patience paid off.

No regrets now if i don't enjoy it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

i feel ripped off after buying the full game when it came out... they just made me a regular premium member... >.> no free addon or nothing.

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by BUZZ747 View Post
    i feel ripped off after buying the full game when it came out... they just made me a regular premium member... >.> no free addon or nothing.
    I guess it's kind of the same feeling as buying a game the day it comes out from a retail store vs. buying a game a few weeks or months after it's released. You get ripped off paying for a new game from a retail store the day it comes out vs. paying for the same game a few weeks or months down the road..... Or buying the game off Amazon or ebay for way cheaper . But this game couldn't be bought if it was used already...

Lvl 6 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Minarum View Post
    You can play PVP or PVE which is non-pvp. Took 2 hours to dl the 14gb. Might create 4-6 chars to lvl 29 so when I subscribe It'll be a quick and easy plat for only $15.
    If your not legendary you only get two character slots

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseclown View Post
    If your not legendary you only get two character slots
    That's incorrect. All you need to do is pay $5 to become a premium member, then you can have 6 characters. And even at F2P, you can purchase more character slots if you want according to the site.

DC Universe Online - Free to Play

Lvl 2 - Bronze

apparently you can earn trophies in F2P you do the requirements in F2P spent the $5 for premium and do the rest then get legendary for the cheapest possible and all the trophies pop up when you load the game straight away which means for 20 you get all the trophies but only 5 to get them .. if you like trophies its defo worth looking into

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koubashii_Rai View Post
    apparently you can earn trophies in F2P you do the requirements in F2P spent the $5 for premium and do the rest then get legendary for the cheapest possible and all the trophies pop up when you load the game straight away which means for 20 you get all the trophies but only 5 to get them .. if you like trophies its defo worth looking into
    Oo really? thats awesome! As long as its still tracking my trophy progress and if I decide to upgrade down the road.. this will pay off big time
    Platinums: 29 (1st to last)
    COD5, Fallout 3, COD6, Demon Souls, Assassins Creed 2, MAG, Bad Company 2, Dragon Age Origins, Fallout New Vegas, Medal of Honor, COD7, Socom 4, Resident Evil 5, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Mass Effect 2, Killzone 3, Bioshock, Dead Rising 2, Uncharted 2, Trine, Resistance 3, Dead Island, Battlefield 3, DC Universe, Skyrim, Trine 2, Mass Effect 3, Assassins Creed Revelations, and Dragon Age 2.

Lvl 9 - Gold

As in it's retroactive? Can you confirm it or just speculation like I've been saying.

Trophy Huntin'

I was seriously looking forward to this, but i have 18 gigs on my ps3 free, and it won't instal. not to mention, i'm not installing a monster sized game that won't even let me get any trophies. that's seriously lame -.-

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    I was seriously looking forward to this, but i have 18 gigs on my ps3 free, and it won't instal. not to mention, i'm not installing a monster sized game that won't even let me get any trophies. that's seriously lame -.-
    They can't give you the trophies for free lol. But it is one of the better MMO's I've played.

Trophy Huntin'

Okay, maybe not for free, but once you pay for the premium or whatever it's called (the first $5) you should be able to get them, but nooooo

Lvl 9 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Bangcrashboom View Post
    Okay, maybe not for free, but once you pay for the premium or whatever it's called (the first $5) you should be able to get them, but nooooo
    It's a Sony rule or something. But to earn the trophies(even FreeRealms), you must be a subscribed member.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

at this moment its speculations about retroactive trophies but logically it would be followed as the game would know youve such and such a character at lvl 30 etc and besides that for the likes of the Fight for light DLC the feats would note the trophy requirements .. besides trophies tho i do like the idea of feats more akin to 360 achievements these earn and not only give a sense of acomplishmentbut award you with additional skill points at mile markers

Lvl 2 - Bronze

i can also confirm that the DLC fight for light DOES infact upgrade you to premium status with all perks therein included as ive just done it myself and being premium is nessessary for platinum as you need 6 characters and F2P only allows 2 and the dlc itself has trophies so its a great way to become premium and access addition things without buying the mindless shite they offer you

Lvl 9 - Gold

i can also confirm that the DLC fight for light DOES infact upgrade you to premium status with all perks therein included as ive just done it myself and being premium is nessessary for platinum as you need 6 characters and F2P only allows 2 and the dlc itself has trophies so its a great way to become premium and access addition things without buying the mindless shite they offer you
    yah but doing the Legendary status(to earn trophies), you get the DLC for free while subscribed and you can create a ton of characters in the process. The game shouldn't take you longer than a month to platinum and 100% the DLC. So I wouldn't buy the DLC unless you plan on playing the game after you platinum it so you can keep the character creation stuff for Lanterns and the extra side missions.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

yes but without buying the dlc you have to stay legendary long enough to get 4 characters to level 30 which could take longer plus the perks of being premium tho they dont seem it do make the game a bit better

Lvl 9 - Gold

yes but without buying the dlc you have to stay legendary long enough to get 4 characters to level 30 which could take longer plus the perks of being premium tho they dont seem it do make the game a bit better
    Or you could spend $5 on anything in the game too, also Legendary will make you a permanent Premium member as well.

But even leveling a character to 30 doesn't take that long at all unless you work 24/7. If you spend 3, maybe 4 hours a day on the game questing, you will easily be able to platinum the game in a month's time. Specially if the trophies are retroactive. I work a ton and I'm able to game for atleast 4 hours a day. On the weekend, holy crap. As long as the servers stay up lol. I could easily level up a character to 30 in 1-2 days.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

well im on my first meta human since it went f2p on the second properly and im only level 27 but i did go off and do all the exploration feats havent had a problem with servers yet tho not a big fan of how it d/c you if you stay inactive for like 10 minutes tho

Lvl 9 - Gold

well im on my first meta human since it went f2p on the second properly and im only level 27 but i did go off and do all the exploration feats havent had a problem with servers yet tho not a big fan of how it d/c you if you stay inactive for like 10 minutes tho
    It's taken you like 3 weeks to hit lvl 27? O.o.... It's been F2P since mid-october. The free DLable client was release just last week. But either way, how have you not experienced any problems with the servers yet? It's literally every 2 hours or so the servers will go down for a few minutes. Specially around the time people get off work, it goes down at 5-6pm central time EVERYDAY.

As for the inactive thing, ya... Atleast until they fix the servers up, we'll have that problem. There are too many people trying to sign in and play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast