First DOA 5 thread with info I guess

This is a discussion on First DOA 5 thread with info I guess within the Dead or Alive 5 forum, part of the D; So I managed to get my hands on dead or alive 5 and currently playing it now And I have ...

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

First DOA 5 thread with info I guess

So I managed to get my hands on dead or alive 5 and currently playing it now
    And I have to say it took some time to warm up to but in case your wondering plat wise on how hard well...
    Not that tough but you will have to get familiar with all characters so be prepared

I wont spoil any story stuff even though I'm not even half way thru it I think

Obtaining all costumes for characters will be time consuming as well along with playing 1000 matches online
    As well as 100 versus matches and so forth

Also you have an optional install of 2700mb to reduce load times which helps because this game loads fast

There are some bugs which might make the intro to team ninja skip at first along with a fight or two especially if a trophy is popping up...I do hope a patch comes out to smooth out and more glitchy areas in the game

Also another time consuming trophy is completing the entire command training list
    At first I thought hey I'll use my fave girl to knock this out...wrong!
    You have to do every character in game and my ayane alone had 135 moves to do
    So best of luck to you on that

I unlocked one costume by playing on rookie (Shhhhh I'm new to the series ok! Lol) not sure if others are unlocked thru higher difficulties and getting titles will be a bitch since I got one for playing on a low difficulty

All in all a lot of us thought the plat would be easy minus a few time consuming trophies but these people brought us ninja gaiden so expect no less lol

I'm having fun playing regularly without the plat in mind since finding players online is tough right now

Well I hope I answered a few curious minds out here...I'll report anything worth noting when I get the chance

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Good to know, are there difficulty trophies eg. hard mode or nightmare mode?

PRO Member

I'm worried about the glitches you mentioned because NG3 was full of them! How bad is it?

The rest sounds good, especially the command list training I remember doing them on xbox and it's good to hear it's still in the game... I remember some of them were pretty difficult too.

Sig by Smashguy

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by Monya Meow Meow View Post
    Good to know, are there difficulty trophies eg. hard mode or nightmare mode?
    Clear all arcade courses means to beat every arcade mode
    You also have to do this to obtain the 3 rare bikini costumes for the all costumes trophy

Quote Originally Posted by DRAGON1NINJA View Post
    I'm worried about the glitches you mentioned because NG3 was full of them! How bad is it?

The rest sounds good, especially the command list training I remember doing them on xbox and it's good to hear it's still in the game... I remember some of them were pretty difficult too.
    Before launch day online was lag free but now there are some lag issues
    The glitching in the beginning fixes when you install which is 2.7 gb
    Also when playing offline modes can stutter frames if you have the throw down challenge on
    So while playing offline you can get challenged to play online
    I hear there working to resolve this issue

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    Before launch day online was lag free but now there are some lag issues
    The glitching in the beginning fixes when you install which is 2.7 gb
    Also when playing offline modes can stutter frames if you have the throw down challenge on
    So while playing offline you can get challenged to play online
    I hear there working to resolve this issue
    That really is lame, I hope they do fix it but I doubt they will... NG3 is still a mess. I am thinking about cancelling my preorder now lol some of us on psn were joking around about DOA5 being glitchy like NG3

Sig by Smashguy

Legend...Nuff Said

The command list challenge sounds exactly what you had to do in Persona: Arena.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Finally back on Sony

I'm enjoying the game so far myself. Haven't played DoA since part2 was on the ps2; still have that game. Haven't hopped online yet to see what the netcode is like though.<strong>
    "Where am I? It's dark and I hear laughing."

Lvl 5 - Silver

Im enjoying the game so far, & defiantly playing this with no platinum in mind.

An old-fashioned cowboy

Alright so I got some info for unlocking the costumes.

- Akira, Sarah, Gen Fu, & Pai along with all their costumes become available as soon you unlock them. (Beat in story mode, beat in story mode, beat Eliot's chapter in story mode, & unlock 100 titles)

- After completing the story I was able to unlock all of the costumes for 7 out of the 10 remaining female characters simply by playing Arcade & Time Attack (although Survival works as well) on the 2 lowest difficulties using that character. In case you're wondering how many costumes each character has it's 5 for Helena; 6 for Kasumi, Mila, Kokoro, Hitomi, & Ayane; & 8 for Leifang.

- All of the male characters have either 4 or 5 costumes which you unlock the same as above.

- Now for the hard part in unlocking the costumes for all characters. Remember when I said I only unlock all of the costumes for 7 out of the 10 female characters. Reason is because Tina, Lisa, & Christie each have 1 costume that you can only unlock by playing a specific mode with them on the highest difficulty. You need to use Tina to beat Arcade mode on Legend difficulty without using a continue to get her final costume, same for Christie except this time it's Time Attack mode and still you can't use any continues, and for Tina you need to clear Survival mode.
    Last edited by SirDrRoger; 09-27-2012 at 12:47 AM.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Alright so I got some info for unlocking the costumes.

- Akira, Sarah, Gen Fu, & Pai along with all their costumes become available as soon you unlock them. (Beat in story mode, beat in story mode, beat Eliot's chapter in story mode, & unlock 100 titles)

- After completing the story I was able to unlock all of the costumes for 7 out of the 10 remaining female characters simply by playing Arcade & Time Attack (although Survival works as well) on the 2 lowest difficulties using that character. In case you're wondering how many costumes each character has it's 5 for Helena; 6 for Kasumi, Mila, Kokoro, Hitomi, & Ayane; & 8 for Leifang.

- As far as the male character go I've only unlocked all of Bass' costumes so far by completing Arcade & Time Attack once each, so I'm assuming the rest of the male characters will also not have as many costumes to unlock compared to the females.

- Now for the hard part in unlocking the costumes for all characters. Remember when I said I only unlock all of the costumes for 7 out of the 10 female characters. Reason is because Tina, Lisa, & Christie each have 1 costume that you can only unlock by playing a specific mode with them on the highest difficulty. You need to use Tina to beat Arcade mode on Legend difficulty without using a continue to get her final costume, same for Christie except this time it's Time Attack mode and still you can't use any continues, and for Tina you need to clear Survival mode.
    i can confirm this since my friend managed to get 2 out of the 3 rare costumes
    survival is the worse of all since it takes maybe 80 rounds of not dying on legend i believe

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    i can confirm this since my friend managed to get 2 out of the 3 rare costumes
    survival is the worse of all since it takes maybe 80 rounds of not dying on legend i believe
    Is Legend the hardest difficulty and do you get health back after each win?

Sig by Smashguy

An old-fashioned cowboy

Just finished unlocking all the costumes for the male characters (each only has 4 or 5). Now I just need those last 3 costumes for Tina, Lisa, & Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasombra View Post
    The command list challenge sounds exactly what you had to do in Persona: Arena.
    Are you talking about the challenges for Persona. Cause I've seen videos of the Persona challenges and the DOA commands aren't nowhere as near as difficult.

Ninja Master

Quote Originally Posted by SirDrRoger View Post
    Just finished unlocking all the costumes for the male characters (each only has 4 or 5). Now I just need those last 3 costumes for Tina, Lisa, & Christie.

Are you talking about the challenges for Persona. Cause I've seen videos of the Persona challenges and the DOA commands aren't nowhere as near as difficult.
    Tina: Arcade Legend no continues
    Christie: Time ATK Legend no continues
    Lisa: Beat Survival Legend

:::And to answer ppl question Champ-Legend are all 100

Banned

Very good thread on this great game and I'm playing the game without any use of guides.Getting the swimsuits for the ladies will be much harder to unlock.

Ninja Master

its not too bad..i use Eliot on legend pretty fun