View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

4 25.00%
  • Easy

10 62.50%
  • Moderate

1 6.25%
  • Hard

0 0%
  • Very Hard

1 6.25%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dead Island Riptide forum, part of the D; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

★ Extra Astronomical ★

Easy. You'll find most sidequests and collectibles by just exploring the maps. The X number of kills trophies just take time. Progress for all trophies is tracked by the game. The only "difficult" one is Dream Team if you can't find a good co-op partner.

She Got Me Up All Night

I had to vote very easy just because its a simple game that tracks all of your progress that can be view in the start menu. I did run into a glitched trophy for me but nothing in the game was hard. You find the collectibles and side quests naturally by playing throughout the game and the amount of kill trophies aren't to bad just feel like a drag. When you die you don't start over from anywhere really ust lose money and begin fighting again no problem.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Just earned this platinum at 4:30am this morning. It's an easy game to platinum. Just time consuming. Collectibles take time to find all over the islands. I'd say most people will have most trouble with the dream team trophy. If you don't boost it the trophy can be a pain to earn because of people wanting to complete side quests and explore. I completed the game my first time doing single player campaign. I was lucky enough to randomly join someone's game from the beginning who was also going for the dream team trophy. We played from start to finish nonstop. It took about 6.5 hours to complete the 28 main story missions. Best of luck to everyone going for this platinum!
    Platinums In Progress:
    God of War
    Trine 2
    Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack In Time [Complete!]
    The Walking Dead

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hi There,
    I Was A Very Big Fan Of The First Dead Island, So I Had To Get Dead Island Riptide Had It For A Week Now Got Plat Last Night Was Very Easy For Me Because I Played The First One And The Game Play Was The Same, I Completed The Main Story Line Three Times Now. 1st Time Was To See How The Story Played Out. 2nd Was To Do All Side Quests And Collectibles And The 3rd Time Was For The Dream Team Trophy With A Friend. I Reckon This Game Could Be Very Challenging If You Don't Have A Friend To Play With. King_Gcity_88 !!!

BTW !!

If Anybody Needs A Teammate For The DREAM TEAM Trophy Please Send Me A Message Via My PS Id ,

KING_GCITY_88

I Have No Problem Playing The Game A 4th OR 15th Time....

Synthwave <3

I voted Easy because overall it is an easy platinum. The only thing that some people might struggle with is finding a partner to do coop with like Pancake said. Also, some of the collectibles are tough to find and you might need to use a guide, so for that reason I say Easy instead of Very Easy.

Sig by PixieofDarkness
    Platbar by djunglist

My trophy checklist

Latest :

The Last of Us

www.powerpyx.com

2/5 - Easy

Nice and easy platinum trophy. Doesn't take long and the game is fun to play. I just had some trouble finding the last two side quests.

PRO Member

Easy - All the trophies are straight forward but you might get stuck on a few quests at first and need vids for some of the collectables. Beware the game is very glitchy and I experienced all the glithes so I had a few playthroughs so could be time consuming.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Easy and fun but I had glitched collectable and I had to redo 50 of them before I found it. Look forward to the next one
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marccap View Post
    Easy - All the trophies are straight forward but you might get stuck on a few quests at first and need vids for some of the collectables. Beware the game is very glitchy and I experienced all the glithes so I had a few playthroughs so could be time consuming.
    2. Easy

Pretty much exactly what Marcaap stated. Game is still a bit buggy/glitchy. It's almost identical to the first dead island only with a few minor tweaks and few new enemies. It is better than the first one but that's not really saying much. If Techland wants my money for a 3rd installment they're going to have to improve a bunch of things. Mainly, not release the game glitched.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 2 - Bronze

VERY EASY
    I did have a few glitches show up but even without a boosting partner I was able to obtain the online trophies just playing. A lot of games will go overboard with trophies and make you re-finish the game 10 times to get the plat. This one isn't the case.

I will surely be buying the next installment.

That Southern B****

Moderate

Most trophies are straight forward, but glitching can cause you alot of trouble. Also tagging can be an issue, especially when tagging with a random player.
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler