Dead Island Riptide PS3 shutting down problem

This is a discussion on Dead Island Riptide PS3 shutting down problem within the Dead Island Riptide forum, part of the D; Hey guys I bought riptide about a week ago and I start playing it for about 5 minutes and my ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Dead Island Riptide PS3 shutting down problem

Hey guys I bought riptide about a week ago and I start playing it for about 5 minutes and my ps3 shuts down and the red light starts flashing. I know its not my ps3 because I play other games for hours and it works fine. So I tried everything I deleted the patch and the saved data and installed it again and nothing, I rebuilt my ps3 database still nothing, it happens solo and coop. So I went to gamestop and change it to see if it was the disk but it keeps shutting down. Anybody else is having this problem? If someone would tell me how to fix this problem I would really apreciate it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I can't speak specifically to your problem with riptide as I haven't played it yet, but when my launch 60GB was dying I was completely unable to play open world games. Fallout 3/NV and Borderlands would stutter and freeze after about 15 minutes, shortly there after the drive failed. Other games worked just fine though.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks for your reply but I played infamous and dead island 1 just fine after my problem.