Worth Buying?

This is a discussion on Worth Buying? within the Dead Island forum, part of the D; Saw the GotY edition is $20 online so just wondering if this game is worth buying at all. Heard it ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Worth Buying?

Saw the GotY edition is $20 online so just wondering if this game is worth buying at all. Heard it was a fun game even though it's pretty broken but I would hope by now they had enough patches to fix it or something. Can anyone enlighten me on how this game is that's played it?

My Own Worst Enemy

I enjoyed it, it is a good game. I'm not sure about the extras included in the GOTY edition but the base game was good.
    I would have totally got a plat. in this game but my friend was driving me crazy he would search everything and I couldn't get anything done.

So if you ask me get it but only if you don't mind playing by yourself or have some good online friends.
    I suggest friends it is more fun that way.

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 10 - Platinum

its like borderlands with melee weapons, not nearly as polished as it couldve been but still fun, i never had problems with the game freezing or glitches, its been over six months since i played so i dont know if the community is still active or not, but you can still play by yourself and boost with like minded people for some of the online trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    I enjoyed it, it is a good game. I'm not sure about the extras included in the GOTY edition but the base game was good.
    I would have totally got a plat. in this game but my friend was driving me crazy he would search everything and I couldn't get anything done.

So if you ask me get it but only if you don't mind playing by yourself or have some good online friends.
    I suggest friends it is more fun that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    its like borderlands with melee weapons, not nearly as polished as it couldve been but still fun, i never had problems with the game freezing or glitches, its been over six months since i played so i dont know if the community is still active or not, but you can still play by yourself and boost with like minded people for some of the online trophies
    Straight, I actually have a buddy who still plays this game every now and then so I can always co-op with him but the trophies aren't really a big deal to me I'm just more looking for a good gameplay that will last hopefully like 30-50 hours or more. Thanks for the input guys

My Own Worst Enemy

Your welcome, and this game is pretty long if you take advantage of the collectables and weapon hunting.
    Regarding the trophies I'm the same way. I play games until I get bored and move on. If they are good I come back to them.
    But there are a lot of Platinum hunters on this site that get it on almost every game they play.
    So I usually just assume I am speaking to one of them.
    Anyway Have fun with the game

(Props to dsluckay for the sig/avy) (Trophy bar by:Thunder)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Self_Saboteur- View Post
    Your welcome, and this game is pretty long if you take advantage of the collectables and weapon hunting.
    Regarding the trophies I'm the same way. I play games until I get bored and move on. If they are good I come back to them.
    But there are a lot of Platinum hunters on this site that get it on almost every game they play.
    So I usually just assume I am speaking to one of them.
    Anyway Have fun with the game
    Yeah I feel you 95% of the site is like that I just like getting different opinions from gamers nowadays haha but it's all good I think I'll check this game out to kill some time since there aren't any really cheap games I've seen out that look like fun and Skyrim is still pretty expensive

Lvl 6 - Silver

yeah its a great game... certainly worth 20 bucks