Quick Leveling Up Strategy+ Exceptional Weapons Strategy Guide

This is a discussion on Quick Leveling Up Strategy+ Exceptional Weapons Strategy Guide within the Dead Island forum, part of the D; Hey guys, I recently got the Dead Island platinum and what a joy that was . What wasn't a joy ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quick Leveling Up Strategy+ Exceptional Weapons Strategy Guide

Hey guys, I recently got the Dead Island platinum and what a joy that was . What wasn't a joy was the grinding for the 5 exceptional weapons and Level 50. I wrote this little guide to help you guys obtain your plats with less of the grinding labour.

Warning: All though nothing in this guide is technically cheating, it may be looked down upon by other players, as you are exploited the game for your advantage

Level 50 Boosting

Things you will need:
    Left Hand of Glova (How to Obtain: Dead Island - Brown Skull and Weapon (Left Hand of Glova) - YouTube )
    Brass Knuckles
    Any random powerful weapon
    Med Kits
    Thugs

A Brief Explanation of how this works: You gain XP for breaking and continuously hitting bones of Thugs. By using this technique, you can exploit that for a large amount of XP

What to Do: The first thing you are going want to do is obtain the Left Hand of Glova (video link above). Next, you are going to want to find a pair of brass knuckles (the weaker the better). Use the brass knuckles on random zombies until the knuckles are broken and in the flashing red zone of damage. Next, search for a thug. Kill all the zombies around it, as to not be disturbed in the process. Once the zombies are cleared, the fun begins.

Using the Left Hand, hit the thug in the chest. This should knock it over immediately. Once the thug is down, repeatedly hit one part of it's arm with the brass knuckles until you get the "Break" notification above it's arm. While you're stamina returns, remember to kick the thug to knock it back down. Keep on hitting the same broken bone, meanwhile, you should be gaining XP for every single hit. I was earning roughly 2000XP per hit. Keep on repeating this until you get to the level you would like to reach.

Notes:
    -I said bring a strong weapon because there is times when you are whacking away at the thug that the pesky infected run at you, so it is important to take them out quickly and continue your mission
    -The best location for me to find thugs was the North Eastern part of the "Resort" area, by the diamond bungalows, as it seemed thugs always spawned around there
    -If you're character has the ability to gain more XP for breaking bones, than upgrading that will only make this better.

Exceptional Weapons

This one was a pain in the ass and my last trophy before platinum. If you are going for all the trophies, than you will most likely find at least 3 of these before you get to the point of having to grind. Since it is all based on luck, there is no way of cheating the system. However there is a way to improve your chances.

The best time to do this grinding is later in the game around Chapter 13, as it makes it a lot easier if you multiple locations to travel too. Also, upgrade the lock picking skill as soon as possible, as more rare weapons can be found in the locked chest. For this trick to work, you need to fast travel between multiple locations, which i will list below. Every time you get there, you are going to want to sweep the immediate location for the chests, and than travel to the next location, making the chests in the previous area respawn.

The areas to travel between are:
    Bunker #2 (Resort): There is 3 white boxes and 1 locked orange box here.
    Warehouse (City): There is only 1 white box here, but there is a salesman there if you need to sell anything you have collected
    River Village (Jungle): There is 2 white boxes which I found to contain lots of guns and rare weapons. If you can't find these, they are directly behind the fast travel sign through a door in the same building as Jin.
    Mowen's Boat (Lab): There is 1 orange locked chest in the building to the right of the spawn. Just climb some stairs and you should find it.

Just keep on rotating through these areas and you should eventually find all 5, but remember, its all luck, so patience is key. Also, some characters have a skill which improves your chances of finding rare weapons, upgrading this will help.

Hopefully this guide helps any of you guys struggling, if you have any questions, feel free to ask. Happy Trophy Hunting!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

think i will hav to start doing this tomorrow as i had 2 start a new character for it got currupt game save on my level 47 :S
    Does NOT Accept Blank Friend Requests

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Thanks Undead awesome way for leveling up, i went from 41 to 50 in like 20 minutes and BING !!! Platinum

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thanks for the grinding suggestion. I'm only on my 1st playthrough at the moment, but if I'm finding it difficult to reach Lvl 50, I'm definitely going to do this!

Now this is Podracing

I used the same strategy for the xp grinding but i found a better place to do it. Follow Undead_Cannibal's tips up until finding the thugs. The best place to do it is the entrane to the hotel, as two thugs always spawn there, and when you have killed them you can go in the hotel, then come straight back out and voila, both thugs have respawned

Banned

This trick doesn't work with the new patch as far as I can tell. Best to delete the patch and do it...