View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

17 32.69%
  • Moderate

29 55.77%
  • Hard

6 11.54%
  • Very Hard

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dead Island forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

PRO Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 10-10-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Nothing is Implattable, the word itself says I'm plattable.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

2 - Easy

The vast majority of the trophies come through just playing the game the way it is meant to. The game is intended to be played co-op, so even the online trophies aren't that difficult, especially if you bring along a friend for the ride. Grinding to 50 is a bit annoying, and unless you're up for excessive farming, or exploits, it's going to take nearly two play throughs to get that trophy. Not difficult, but not something that is going to be achieved over a weekend rental either.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

Nope, nothing

Moderate for Dead Island.
    It had some decent trophies to get, nothing too hard though.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

easy, nothing too difficult to get, level 50 grind takes a while but game is enjoyable so not that annoying

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy - Playing around the many annoying glitches will likely hinder your progress more so than difficulty.
    Best Plats: Bad Company 1, Gran Turismo 5, MAG, Racquet Sports, Sports Champions, and Wipeout HD
    Best PSN 100%'s: Hustle Kings, Landit Bandit, and Scene It: Movie Night

PRO Member

3-- moderate

A bit of grinding for the level 50 trophy, but not to bad. All the other trophies aren't too bad
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Crazzs Industries

4 hard

i found it hard and annoying to get some of the trophies for this game like setting 10 enamies on fire simutaniously and it was torture trying to get to lvl 50

CRAZZS INDUSTRIES

Lvl 7 - Gold

The plat wasn't difficult at all. Hell even the collectable trophy was easy considering that anything be it evidence, ID, Weapon Mod on any character counted toward the 120 needed. Sure grinding to lvl 50 was a bit of a pain but it wasn't terrible. Doom rates this plat as Easy.
    Doom runs a country, bitch! A nation of slaves! Dig you a grave! I'll make Umbrella look like Welfare, minimum wage! Doom is getting enraged! I come harder! Killed my ex-girlfriend and turned her into a suit of armor! Beat you to death with your legs, leave you in stitches, Marvel 2 is the shit, RE 5 is for bitches!

Sig made by Auburn
    First Latverian to Platinum Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater.

Bringing the PAIN

As stated by many the trophies came pretty naturally. Lvl50 was a grind but I got to Lvl43 by normal means and playing. Only 1 trophy was a pain with MP and that was having 4 different characters. But finding 4 ppl isnt to hard to pull together. Gave it an EASY!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Now this is Podracing

3- Moderate - most trophies are pretty simple and easy to obtain, online was pretty good too, I found a lot of people playing. The originality trophy was actually the first i got online. Theres a few tricks to help you get to Lvl 50 quicker. Overall was pretty fun, I spent about 50 hours getting the plat and just took my time for the most part.
    Also the there and back again trophy seemed pretty glitched. I got it on my second playthrough. I only had 2 areas left and it turned out to be the Prison kitchen and changerooms, which i would of gone through on my first playthrough

Lvl 2 - Bronze

(not have it yet, but will get tomorrow, need 1 trophy and know where to get) its easy, not to easy, (there and back again, and rootin tootin lootin, and maybe getting last level) easy...
    69 Games, Average % Game Completion 56.5%
    Updated 27/12/2013

Lvl 1 - Bronze

easy plat just anoying with the little bugs,4 playthru's just to get all locations made me dislike this game

Lvl 7 - Gold

Moderate - A lot of the trophies do indeed come naturally as people have stated. I didn't think 'One Is All I Need' was gonna be doable but I finally made the Mindblowing Military Knife developer mod and got it no problem. 'There And Back Again' gave me some fits trying to find the last location that I needed. It ended up being a village in the Jungle that I needed to find. And 'Right For Life' glitched on me and it was the last one I needed. Trophy stat said I had successfully played as all the characters, so I quit to the XMB and restarted and it then said I had to play as all 4 characters again. Then I played from chap 4 with my level 50 Sam B who i originally beat the game with and it popped. Really fun game to play co op, but i had a lot of difficulty connecting to people a lot of the times. Do yourself a favor and don't spend too much on this buggy kinda POS game either. definitely would class this game as a bargain bin buy.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Easy - Alot of easy miscellaneous trophies the only one that is worth mentioning is There and back again (visit Every area)

Lvl 3 - Bronze

3 - Moderate. Though most of the trophies are easy to obtain, dealing with the myriad connection issues make the online trophies a complete pain in the @$$. The night I earned the Plat, I had to quit to xmb menu or restart the system no less than SEVEN TIMES and reload to get it to work "maybe" long enough to connect for 15 minutes for progress towards "People Person". The friend that I was primarily playing with joined the game I was hosting (along with a couple other players) and he was receiving the "People Person" status updates a full 2 - 3 minutes before me. The game was fun in single player and a lot of fun in co-op when it actually decided to work. The fact that less than 20% of people that own the game own the Plat must mean that the game is not as easy as everyone makes it out to be.....

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I would have said very easy if it wasnt for the online trophies including the Arena DLC. Besides the Lvl 50 trophy, all others were pretty straightforward as long as you find a good area to achieve some of the trophies (burning 10 zombies at once, for instance). but just bc of the online trophies and the connectivity issues, this game is already traded in almost the next day of 100%/Plat

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted early just waiting on the 28 day trophy and im not gonna set my PS3 ahead

Lvl 3 - Bronze

moderate because i got it when it first came out and there was a glitch with the find all the locations , but it was a good game

Lvl 4 - Silver

I rate this game as 2. Easy.
    I enjoyed this game a lot and most of the trophies were pretty easy. This was my first platinum.
    I even got the DLC trophies for this game, and this is the only game I got all the DLC trophies for.
    A great and enjoyable game!

www.powerpyx.com

I'm giving it a 3 because of the crazy amount of glitches and the disgusting matchmaking. Finding other players or joining friends seemed impossible for most of the time.
    Setting 10 zombies on fire at once took a dozen tries. It's a fun game, but it takes some while.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast