Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I can't be the only one that thinks

This is a discussion on I can't be the only one that thinks within the Dead Island forum, part of the D; i thought it was quite fun at first really, i mean sure theres no real penalty to dying but that ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

i thought it was quite fun at first really, i mean sure theres no real penalty to dying but that doesnt mean you HAVE to. you can always try NOT to die, which would increase the difficulty...personally, i didnt find out the duping glitch till quite a bit into the game so, finding weapons all the time after having my break really felt like i was in a survival game ya know? ive had times where i died plenty in the same area, but it was all good, id just try something different next time. eventually u get some really sick weapons that can kill even a brute/ram in one hit, which is very fun lol. at the end of my second playthrough, i one slashed the final boss. win. but once the grinding started, it got super boring. at that point it was a must to play with friends.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I actually really like this game, i mean, it glitches sometimes. I think its good, I can't stop playing it.

Lvl 5 - Silver

To be honest I really liked the game I got the platinum and had a blast playing it I'm surprised so many people hated it like yourself but hey its your opinion.
    INTERESTED IN YOUTUBE PARTNERSHIP? APPLY NOW!
    https://partner.makerstudios.com/?re...0UU00000048Wmj
    Check out my Videos!

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'd enjoy it a lot better if it wouldn't have been so obviously rushed out. Yes, the quests suck and get repetetive after a while, but it's definitely fun just going out with friends and beating the crap out of zombies.

As far as the obviously rushed out part, there's just so many glitches...It generally takes me and my friend around 40 minutes of turning the game off and back on before we can actually even connect to one another. Even then, after a while if someone else would happen to connect, there seems to be a 70% chance two of us will freeze and be unable to do anything except hard-reset the system.

And just last night, I was doing a mission in the police station, and none of the zombies were spawning until I was right on top of where they were supposed to be. WTF is with that?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I find the problem in this game is it's lack of a story. All you do is complete meaningless quests and slash zombies. It gets really repetitive and boring after a while. This game has a 20/100 story, while other games such as Fallout 3 have a TON of quests but still had a decent 70/100 story. This is just my opinion of course.

Graphics are top notch and the killing mechanics are fun though, especially with friends.
    Assassin's Creed II, Battlefield 3, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Local Drunk

I haven't played it but I was at my mate's place and he was playing it and I thought it looked like total shit which is why I haven't bothered with it.

Awesomely awesome sig by Beam & social group bar by DaRe
    The Local Drunk's Experience With Trophies

Legend...Nuff Said

I think the game is really good. I've don't have problems with the repetitive nature of the quests/combat because in the end every game is like that. Its simply a matter of if a person can handle it in that game or not.

I thought the story was meh, but 99% of the games out there have a meh story. It started off great, then went down, and then at the end the story picked up again for a nice sharp, but obvious, curve.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

PRO Member

I'm having fun with it but I'll be honest I really dont know much about the story just trying to survive for no reason so far but its an alright game

Threat

I loved the game and it'd be on my top 5 games of 2011. The only really bad issue with it to me was the bugs.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I like the game, i'ts not a bad game in my opinion, BUT...a lot of bugs, VERY annoying

Legend...Nuff Said

The game is still buggy?

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My novels can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence and
    Til Death Do Us Part
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

That Southern B****

Despite issues, I rather enjoyed the game. Forget the story and the quests; the pure maniacal joy of beating down zombies was what made me love this game!
    Hitmon133: "Today's passage is taken from the Book of Coug. Chapter 56, Verse 46. >.>"

Epic Banner by Fawst <3

Toggle Spoiler

Lvl 7 - Gold

This game really ticked me off when first trying to play it online with a friend. I could't connect to him for like a week. But after a bit of perseverance it finally worked. Now, I absolutely love the game. Just need to find my last location for "There And Back Again" and play the first act with the other 3 players and I'm done!

Threat

Quote Originally Posted by Splee009 View Post
    This game really ticked me off when first trying to play it online with a friend. I could't connect to him for like a week. But after a bit of perseverance it finally worked. Now, I absolutely love the game. Just need to find my last location for "There And Back Again" and play the first act with the other 3 players and I'm done!
    Try the bottom left corner of the Moresby map for There And Back Again.
    Thanks to djunglist for the sig and avy

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I could see why some people would really hate the game but I personally find is very enjoyable. I find myself going back to it time and time again. A lot of places to explore and slicing up zombies is always fun. I don't really pay attention to the story, it's really weak.... but like I said, exploring is fun enough for me.
    EST. OCTOBER '08.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Its not that good but semi enjoyable. Its too repetitive for my tastes, but I enjoyed it enough to not regret buying it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12