View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

5 10.00%
  • 3 - Moderate

20 40.00%
  • 4 - Hard

24 48.00%
  • 5 - Very Hard

1 2.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dead Nation forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Korean Girl Group Groupie

3 - Moderate

The game offers a few collectibles and some really quite long levels. The game is slightly harder in co-op, but playing the game on co-op is far more fun, especially with a friend. There are a couple sticky spots in the game that are going to take some strategy to get through, but nothing too difficult. A bit of a skill heavy platinum, but not so much that it will cause you fits. A good game that reminds me of titles of old, and a rewarding Platinum to boot.

Need help? Just ask (blank friend requests will always be ignored)

PRO Member

Hard Fairly challenging at higher difficulty settings. I did the co-op by myself with 2 controllers on Easy --- wasn't bad at all. Fun game... now to find time for the DLC.

PRO Member

3-- moderate

This is by far the best psn game I've played. I highly recommend this game to anyone who hasn't played it.

There are collectibles and some of which are hidden VERY well. I used a video walkthrough on YouTube to find them as I played. The hardest difficulty is tough but once you play around with the game long enough to know spawn points it's not too big a problem. Grab a buddy and play this one.
    Sig by Alison//Avatar by kid420247//PPS BAR by RaveNScythE18

Regional Manager of War

3. Moderate

The game is way to easy on coop and they don't even ask you to play undead only up until Morbid difficulty which isn't that bad. I found grim to be harder than morbid.

Huge Skip Bayless fan.

i find this game to be somewhere between moderate and hard because of how the zombies just overwhelm you.

Formerly known as UrbanHellraiser

PRO Member

Moderate fun co op game a plat which is easy if u know what r u doing otherwise will be annoying very enjoyable platinum

Gotham's Reckoning

Hard: King Of The Looters sucked so much and Grim and Morbid difficulties were very hard.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

since March '09

not to tough, later levels are a little diffucult and collectibles are easy to find

Gaming since 1985!

4-Hard Personally, I had a tough time with some trophies. My Morbid playthrough was filled with F bombs and thrown pillows. I still can't believe I made it through. Also, I was somewhere around 45,000 kills, there was an update and it erased my stats and I had to start all over. Some collectables were very well hidden.

PRO Member

2.easy

It seemed like the zombies overwhelm you when you first start playing but after you get used to switching weapons and know which guns work best on specific zombies the game gets pretty easy even on morbid difficulty but still one of my favorite psn games.

Collectibles are easy to find.
    Sig and Avy made by Achantion
    Trophy Checklist

Lvl 3 - Bronze

2. Easy-When I first started playing this game is was super hard. The controls were weird and it took near 30 min. to get used to them. After that it was smooth sailing. Its really easy to beast through most ever level. I started with a Grim run which turned out to be the hardest one for me (being that it was my first playthough). There were a couple of tough spots for me but got through just fine. Morbid went way smoother. No deaths the entire playthough cause by then you know whats coming next and how to defend against it. Every other trophy came without having to go out of the way except for Genocidiary, but even then, it only took a couple of sweeps through Highway to Hell to get it.

This was definitely one of my funnest 's to get. I had a blast the entire way through and it's one of the only games I come back to play over and over (Gotta love that ranking system). It shouldn't be too difficult to obtain this games' but if you do, just hit me up. I'll find any excuse to play this amazing game.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

SEEMS LEGIT!

4 - Hard.
    Cutters on Morbid! All I can say

Bringing the PAIN

Def a 4-Hard! This was mostly easy but Morbid can get insane at some points. Had to replay the last part of graveyard a few times to get a plan. Overall a fun game tho. Must have for anyone!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Legend...Nuff Said

2-Easy: None of the trophies are tricky. Morbid sucks at times but as long as you know the tricks and where the zombies come from its just time consuming.

L
    asombra Files Interviews and Top Trophy Tournament Commentary from Skip and Max linked in the banner.
    Checkout the Facebook page or follow me on Twitter @LasombraFiles
    My first novel can be found here: The Lasombra Files: Choice and Consequence
    Big thanks to the site for giving me my start as a writer!

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Mild Moderate difficulty - change the control scheme ... weapon/inventory change buttons, map to face buttons, that lets you run away and still select weapons without lifting thumb off of left analog stick

this plat would only be very difficult if there was a "complete campaign on UNDEAD" trophy
    Hall of Fame - Best Platinum Trophies

Bioshock (100%) | LittleBigPlanet (100%) | Trine (100%) | Dead Nation (100%) | Batman: Arkham Asylum (100%) |
    Borderlands (100%) | Singularity (100%) | Dead Space (100%) | Bioshock 2 (100%) | Rage (100%) | Killzone HD (100%) |
    RESOGUN (100%)
    | Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition (100%)

coming soon ... God of War (82%) | God of War II (88%)

Lvl 1 - Bronze

3 Moderate - Plat clocked at around 25 hrs and the gameplay that this game provides, it can seem fairly long to some. Morbid does have its difficulties, but nothing too crazy that caused me to throw my controller. If you turn up the brightness all the way, you'll have a much easier time. Its enjoyable plat that would be a 2, but with the length included in, its a solid 3.0.

Legalize it...

Moderate and a lot of fun...

Lvl 9 - Gold

BEFORE they actually introduced checkpoints in levels (which was a fucking dick move to do), completing the game on Morbid was HELL.

Completing a whole level without quitting was just agony. Serious agony.

Lvl 4 - Silver

MODERATE, not much of a story but plenty of shoot em up there was only like two levels that gave me problems other than that great game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast