Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Road of Devastation DLC Strategies

This is a discussion on Road of Devastation DLC Strategies within the Dead Nation forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by wblman The same: armor, but it was wave 4 I believe and not wave 5. I followed ...

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wblman View Post
    The same: armor, but it was wave 4 I believe and not wave 5. I followed CompSci88's advice of fully upgrading the SMG and the Shocker. However, I ended up going down armor instead of the score route by accident.

I basically rushed the entire level and cleared out everything but the jumpers at the end with the fully upgraded shocker. Final rate was 133 kills per minute. I've done it at least twice. It's not too bad, assuming you can actually make it through the final gate.

EDIT: Thanks, TheScott75. It took me two tries on Round 5 Armor path with fully upgraded Blade Cannon and Mines. First try I got 148. Second try I got 153. Blade Cannon really is the trick to maxing out the combo.
    And thank you for the tip on the 100 kills per minute. I ended up going down the score route in Round 6 and got 131.5. It's tough, but not as bad as I thought that trophy would be.

If you're going to do the score path, make sure you have the med kit. It gets crazy, and after the mouth area you still have to deal with the final area where all hell breaks loose. I got through with the 20% of health left, so I felt really good when I got through the gate and the trophy popped. Shocker/Mines/Flares, and RUN LIKE HELL!

EDIT: I made it to level 10! I took a risk and went for the money route on Round 7, as I still had my medkit from Round 5. Unfortunately I accidently used it way too early and had to really work my way around 7 and 8 without a backup. Somehow I did it, and got to Round 9, which was of course another health run. Got a new medkit, but didn't really need it. I aced the final area, and now I'm at Round 10, trophy done, and now to see how far I can go forward.

EDIT 2: Woo Hoo! I got my co-op trophy from a good random. 100% on Dead Nation again!
    Last edited by TheScott75; 09-30-2011 at 03:22 AM.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I actually just got the "Never Give Up" trophy just now, lol. I played alone. Single or co-op; the guide is VERY helpful, and I had no problem gettin 2 level 10. I find it easier 2 play alone most of the time anyways, lol.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Thank u so much 4 ur guide!!! It was very helpful, .

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I'm looking for a co-op partner to get the 'no damage in a round' trophy. Also need to reach round 10. If anyones interested please send me a request. Thanks

PRO Member

I am enjoying the DLC pack so far, but will be looking at a co-op partner to give it a go shot.
    PSN-capers23

Bringing the PAIN

I got to about halfway thru round 11 with a random who was a pretty good partner! I will tell you we did 10 on supplies and barely made it. Got part way into armor just for fun and got fried by about 3-4 Cutters at the same time! Watch it!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Ok, so this might be off topic. But me and my wife ar not chasing trophies anymore now it's points that matter.
    We have reached number 49 on the global ranking with around 254 million points. this is the second best score in Sweden btw.
    We consistently land between 100-200 million when playing and reach level 10 almost every time now. usually without damage until lv.4-6. but We still can't figure out how the top ranking players manage to get 1,5 billion points in the same game time as we do it in.

Any top ranking players here who want to share their secrets?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12