Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Road of Devastation DLC Strategies

This is a discussion on Road of Devastation DLC Strategies within the Dead Nation forum, part of the D; A thread where anyone can share successful strategies for making it to Round 10 or any of the other trophies. ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Road of Devastation DLC Strategies

A thread where anyone can share successful strategies for making it to Round 10 or any of the other trophies.

EDIT: I earned the Never Give Up trophy today with a mic and a good coop partner, Matticus182. If it helps anyone, here was our battle plan:

Rnd1: Money (one player gets all $350k of money)
    Rnd2*: Weapons (both get launcher)
    Rnd3: Money (other player gets all $350k money)
    Rnd4*: Supplies (both get mines)
    Rnd5: Health
    Rnd6: Weapons
    Rnd7: Health
    Rnd8: Weapons (by far, this was the most difficult of the nine rounds we completed)
    Rnd9: Health
    Rnd10: (didn't make it very far, but tried the weapons route again)

Order of upgrades: 1) Partial rifle (3 rate, 4 power, 2 clip), 2) Mines (full), 3) Launcher (full), 4) Flares (full), 5) Rifle (full).
    (After these four, upgrading additional weapons was not very helpful. My coop partner had little luck with the shocker and blade cannon. I upgraded the flamethrower's range to use as a stalling mechanism, but this unfortunately will light half of the screen on fire. The new auto-turret "may" be worth it, provided you can get through the Supplies route on Wave 6 which could be very risky.)

My Total kills: ~3,500
    Total time: ~1 hour and 30 minutes (according to in-game records)

* The only thing in hindsight that I would change would be to do the Mines in Round 2 and then do the Launcher in Round 4. The reason is that I perceive the Supplies Route to be more difficult than the Weapons Route (on coop, the opposite can be said for solo). It could arguably make things easier for you in Round 4.
    Last edited by antoniosbandana; 09-29-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    I'll censor anything anyone writes except for this for-profit advertisement found at the top of my signature. Rawr.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

For the 150 kill streak, use the armor path in one of the later waves (5, 6 or so). After the fire jets there will be a huge amount of zombies coming from several areas. I got 147 there and just couldn't get the last 3 in time.

For the Found 'Em trophy, each main path has 3 emblems. 1 in the common area, and 1 in each branch. These carry over from each run so once you found one you don't have to find it again. But make sure you keep track of which ones you've found.

For taking no damage, the weapon and accessory path is probably the best choice, though none of the paths are really bad on the first wave. Also, have a good co-op partner.

PRO Member

Wait... this DLC is out already?

Since Aug. 09

Quote Originally Posted by MatCauthon View Post
    Wait... this DLC is out already?
    yea what? is it in the US yet?

Legalize it...

Came out the 27th...I bought it just havent played yet...

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by kiona05 View Post
    yea what? is it in the US yet?
    See this is what happens when PS3T isn't running at full speed yet This is where I get my gaming news!

Edit: just saw it on the PS blog... only $4

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

I just downloaded this last night I can't quit to try it out
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 5 - Silver

So far a very enjoyable game, I find going down the money path first is great to earn the cash for the upgrades straight away

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

so anyone looking a co op partner to tackle this thing? if so add me PSN thesecretsociety
    please dont send a blank msg i deny those just put DN DLC

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I was debating whether or not to get the dlc but at 4 dollars can say no to that.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Secret Society View Post
    so anyone looking a co op partner to tackle this thing? if so add me PSN thesecretsociety
    please dont send a blank msg i deny those just put DN DLC
    I may take you up on that. I'm going to try it out first and maybe this weekend do some co-op

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I agree with scott75 (from up above) on using the armor path for the 150 kill streak. get a medkit early and save it for in the later rounds-they get tough quick!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm up for some boosting of this.

PSN - keithfusco.

PRO Member

I haven't loaded the free Dead Nation yet I got free from psn..... I hope the dlc is worth the money, as I will try and 100% it soon.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

since there is no offical co op thread
    if anyone is interested add me PSN thesecretsociety

im trying to go for the co op takes no damage trophy
    and beat round 10 and of course the kill per minute

no blank request please

Lvl 5 - Silver

Not that I am against a co-op partner, but out of curiosity, is it feasible to beat this single player?

Working On:
    "Fallout: New Vegas [Ultimate Edition]" - 59%,
    "Devil May Cry 3" - 14%,
    "Dead Storm Pirates" - 52% (3/5 S Rank)

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by the Pirate King View Post
    Not that I am against a co-op partner, but out of curiosity, is it feasible to beat this single player?
    Yes it is from what I have heard, I would like to do this solo anyway. I work better alone

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I'm only missing one trophy: the 150 kill combo.

What I've been doing is fully upgrading mines and shocker. Then on Round 5 I sprint past everything until I get past the flames.

I try and shock as much as I can, turning left to trigger more spawns, but I'm not topping 130.

The combo dies before I can make it all the way to the top where the gate and wall of crates are located.

Any suggestions?
    I'll censor anything anyone writes except for this for-profit advertisement found at the top of my signature. Rawr.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by wblman View Post
    I'm only missing one trophy: the 150 kill combo.

What I've been doing is fully upgrading mines and shocker. Then on Round 5 I sprint past everything until I get past the flames.

I try and shock as much as I can, turning left to trigger more spawns, but I'm not topping 130.

The combo dies before I can make it all the way to the top where the gate and wall of crates are located.

Any suggestions?
    The Shocker takes a little too long to kill. To get the 150, you shouldn't even need to get to top, that side path is where I ended up getting the combo. Try with the Blade Cannon, which will easily get you up the path quickly. Use the mines to clear out what the blade cannon misses. I got 171 that way.

What wave and path did you get the 100 kills per minute trophy on?

Lvl 1 - Bronze

The same: armor, but it was wave 4 I believe and not wave 5. I followed CompSci88's advice of fully upgrading the SMG and the Shocker. However, I ended up going down armor instead of the score route by accident.

I basically rushed the entire level and cleared out everything but the jumpers at the end with the fully upgraded shocker. Final rate was 133 kills per minute. I've done it at least twice. It's not too bad, assuming you can actually make it through the final gate.

EDIT: Thanks, TheScott75. It took me two tries on Round 5 Armor path with fully upgraded Blade Cannon and Mines. First try I got 148. Second try I got 153. Blade Cannon really is the trick to maxing out the combo.
    Last edited by wblman; 09-29-2011 at 08:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast