View Poll Results: How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 - Very Easy

0 0%
  • 2 - Easy

2 9.09%
  • 3 - Moderate

7 31.82%
  • 4 - Hard

11 50.00%
  • 5 - Very Hard

2 9.09%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dead Rising 2 forum, part of the D; This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please do not vote ...

Retired TGT Member

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Gotham's Reckoning

Moderate: Most of the trophies were fine but the 72,000 zombie kills was a pain.

You see, madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push

Platbar By Wadefan

Sig By Apokolypz

PPS Bar By RaveNScythE18

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by gamelord-2007 View Post
    Moderate: Most of the trophies were fine but the 72,000 zombie kills was a pain.
    Yup...pretty much what he said

Thanks to Dsluckay for the signature and Avatar

Currently working on:Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, Ratchet and Clank: Nexus

Future project: None ATM

Retired TrophyGuide Ninja

I think it's somewhere between moderate and hard. I'd say hard. Sure, the 72 k zombies were a pain, but all those 'collectibles' where really aggravating and mind-numbing. I mean stuff like change into all pieces of clothing in the game, use every type of melee weapon on a zombie, eat every kind of food and so on and so on... I was sitting there for hours ticking things off on the checklist I printed out. I loved the game so I didn't bother too much, but I can understand why this trophies are keeping the majority of game owners from plat.

So you don't need much skills to obtain that plat, but you need a good deal of patience and determination.

PRO Member

Hard is a tedious game a lot to do

Lvl 4 - Silver

MODERATE. Not really hard but really time consuming takes alot of patience for alot of the trophies, also had to boost some tir events.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

MODERATE.
    I have yet to do any of the online stuff or the 72000 Kill - its a pain in the arse, get so close tehn my kill rate dips.

Yes a lot of walking around collecting stuff - what a pain.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Definitely HARD.

Since Aug. 09

without boosting TIR, i vote hard. that was a pain in my ass.

Dominate!

PRO Member

I consider this to be one of my more difficult plats. The co-op playthrough was hard to get through with random people and trying to find the time to boost for that long is impossible for me to do so that one took me the longest. The TK's Favorite trophy also held me up as I absolutely sucked at Master Shafter.

PRO Member

4 - Hard

This game was very confusing at first for me. The timeline is very strict if you are trying to complete all Case Files and Rescue missions (which I thought I had to do when I started playing) in a single run. I also thought the difficulty of the Psychopaths was way too hard when the game started but, too easy later on when you are lvl 50. The trophies are fairly straight forward yet still ridiculous.

Collectibles:
    Aweful! There were several types and they all require you to progress through the game to get certain items at their respective places and times. i.e. use all firearms on zombies... One gun is obtained by defeating a psychopath and another isn't available until progressing through the game a fair amount.

The 72,000 kills requires a dedicated playthrough whereby you ignore everything except killing Zombies (roughly 7 hours of nonstop killing with the hummer)

Online:
    This may have been decent at one point in time but, I just finished the platinum and the online is dead. I don't even get how you could boost the events as you have no ability - that I saw - to invite friends. Ther are 4 spots open in A given tournament and they fill up randomly? I just played the crappy events over and over and over until I got lucky enough to compete against people who sucked worse than I did, haha.

This is a fun co-op game if you have headsets and aren't worried about trophies. If you're going for the plat, get ready for a grind!

www.powerpyx.com

It's moderate (3/5) for me. Nothing is so hard that I'd say you need to be a total pro in gaming.
    The 72k zombie kills just require some strong nerves and a couple pointless hours of driving around. There are some tricks to get fast money and XP which makes the way to plat a little easier. Dead Rising 2 Off the Record is harder and would be a 4/5.

Lvl 6 - Silver

Gonna say HARD for this one. Normally I wouldn't consider collectibles and grinding "difficult" but they are in this game. Took three separate attempts to kill 72k zombies which rly sucked for me. And beating all the TIR events was super gay. Didn't boost em at all. This was the second plat I ever earned and I wasn't familiar with 'boosting' at the time. Don't even see how u could boost them. It's a pretty fun co op game tho.
    Last edited by Splee009; 05-26-2012 at 06:34 PM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

NauGie said id best: "patience and determination" is the key 4 killing 72k zombie's!!! I am smack dad in the middle of this right now...its long and boring... my next run through will b a co-op game, & with a dead online audience, this may b tricky...I will write again once platinum is achieved!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hard: ...When I first played this game I loved it... until I actually took a better look at the trophies.
    There are ALOT of collectible trophies.. You practically have to find and use every item in the game.
    The online is practically dead, (I didn't have too much trouble with TIR events, they were actually one of my favourite things about this game) and the solve case files in Co-Op was dreadful.
    I attempted the 72k zombie kills 4 times...
    but in all honestly, I really enjoyed this game but I done it the hard way. I highly recommend printing out a checklist or else you will be hitting your head against the wall trying to figure out what you need left.

I had a hard time trying to get this plat, but I'm glad I did.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

♚ Overlord ♔

Moderate: Was it really that hard? I actually remember the game being fairly easy. Collectables king only seconded my Just cause 2.
    72,000 kills was so boring and must be done in the 72 hour ingame period so your looking at 6 hours of mowing grass that groans if your using the SUV. This game was really funny for a zombie game so replay wasn't so bad. Coop was kinda poopy only cause most randoms aren't trophy hunters or time out alot. So boosting may be required for some people. TIR wasn't that hard for me cause I was basicly good at every game even the sniper one If you play games regularly this platinum not that hard. The only thing that makes this game hard is that the person playing really doesn't want to get every collectable and kill 72k so forcing yourself to play can make this game very tedious, trust me I didn't wanna do that shit either.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Moderate, but barely. Closer to easy, nothing hard just time consuming but it was fun. TIR was only mildly challenging part.