Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Tips and Advice

This is a discussion on Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Tips and Advice within the Dead Space 2 forum, part of the D; I have started this thread for those of us who need a bit of help in multiplayer especially low-levels. I ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Dead Space 2 Multiplayer Tips and Advice

I have started this thread for those of us who need a bit of help in multiplayer especially low-levels. I only recently started using the online features and I must say, playing against 4 level 60's while you are < level 10 is not fun.
    I am now Level 19 and I have some useful advice I can give for those that are just starting out.

Soldier Tips
    1) Always stick together with your team no matter what! A lone soldier is a dead soldier because you will be outnumbered and overpowered. (Unless you are a good shot and know how to utilize stasis). Also, you or your teammates will be able to heal each other and help each other if a Necromorph executes an execution attack on any of you (you shoot the Necromorph off of your teammate)

2) Don't fool around by just trying to get kills, complete all but the final objective in that mission to allocate the most time. For every objective you finish, you get more time so, you can fool around after you have done almost all of the objectives.

3) DON'T BE AN OBJECTIVE W**RE!! If you see someone hacking a terminal or rushing to get the objective, you should be HELPING the person by providing fire assistance and healing. I was killed once because some other guy on my team killed me just so he can complete the objective. (If you can guess, we lost in the end)

4) Utilize your stasis shots. Don't waste your stasis on NPC's (those that look like spitters/impalers but don not have a gamer tag when you aim on them). Once you stasis a player-controlled necromorph, they're practically dead because they can't move and is open to fire. Stasis recharges slowly over time or you can pick up stasis packs and then press TRIANGLE. Also, aim at the GROUND. Stasis has an AoE (area of effect) so it can freeze multiple enemies if aimed this way. If aimed at a single creature, the stasis will only freeze one creature.

5) Don't use just one weapon. You are given two weapons, a pulse rifle & a secondary weapon (plasma cutter, line gun, force gun, seeker rifle, and the javelin gun). However, you only get the plasma cutter when you first start out. The others you obtain by leveling up. I tend to save my pulse rifle ammo for numerous encounters or for objectives that need to be destroyed due to the pulse rifle's high rate of fire. As for my secondary, I love the plasma cutter. A couple of shots and a player-necromorph goes down quickly. Although, many people tend to use the line gun's alt fire or the javelin gun. Upgrades for weapons are available as you level up.

6) Aim for the Necromorph limbs. Although you can't cut off a player's leg like in single player, it does do more damage then if you shoot at the mid section of the body. This way, you can conserve your ammunition. If you have trouble aiming, fire a stasis shot off. The Pack (child-like enemies) and lurkers (the ones that can climb on walls and shoot by their tentacles) go down rather quickly so you don't really need to aim for their limbs. As for the Puker and the Spitter, they have much more health so aim for their legs or arms. (or head)

7) Every time you respawn, you have 1 medkit with you. When your health is low, press O to use it. You can find more from dead enemies.

8) If you win an execution cutscene and there is another player-necromorph hitting you, heal yourself IMMEDIATELY after you win the execution so that you can survive and kill the other Necromorph next to you. Although your player may still be in the animation, you can heal yourself. Just turn around, stasis, and kill.

9) Utilize your kinesis by aiming and pressing O. This feature allows you to reach faraway items on the ground. All you have to do is kinesis the items and they are yours. In multiplayer, kinesis doesn't bring the items close to you, they automatically obtain the item for you. Sadly, this is all that kinesis is used for in multiplayer. You can't use dead limbs as kinesis impalers.

10) Don't try to hide. Necromorphs have the ability to see through walls and know where you are as well as how much health you have. The lower your health is and if you are alone, the higher the chance that a player Necromorph will come find and kill you.

Necromorphs

Sorry I don't have much to say here because I'm not really good with Necromorphs. All I can say is, attack in groups, evade stasis shots, and use executions to slow the players down from reaching the objectives. My two favorites are the puker and the spitter. Puker has an extremely fast and deadly melee as well as ranged attack. Charging its puke attack and using it WILL bring a player down to yellow health as well as slow them down, unable to run.(This move is only used at close-range so be careful.) Only thing I don't like is how big the Puker is. Makes it an easy target for stasis shots. Its also kind of slow.
    Spitters have the best ranged attack. This is a sniper-class Necro so treat is as such (although I still use its melee since its so powerful.) Charge up its ranged attack to max, aim for the head, and it WILL bring a player down all the way to red health. The ranged attack also has a small AoE so you can use it to attack several players at once.

This is all I have for now. If you have any contributions, advice, or questions regarding the multiplayer, please post here. Thank you.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Okay, let's try this again for the Necromorphs Section....
    Necromorphs
    Basic Rules that apply to ANY Necromorph class:
    1) ALWAYS fight in groups, even if its with the AI controlled creatures, they still can provide backup. An example is when you try to perform an execution on a full health lone soldier. Chances are that you will die. However, if you have allies helping you by lowering that person's health (even AI), you will successfully execute him.

2) Be strategic and wise about where you spawn. When you first spawn or respawn, you have the option to choose the vent you come out of. This is crucial because you want to surprise and sneak attack your enemy and not fight them head on. If you do fight them head-on, chances are that you will be under stasis and killed shortly. Surprise your enemy. In my experience, if you spawn right in front of the other team, they will stasis and shoot you right when you come out of the vent and you will die. Every class takes a different amount of time to come out of the vents so keep that in mind.

3) Make use of executions. Even if you lose in the execution animation, you will slow down or prevent the enemy from completing their objective. For example, if the soldier tries to hack a terminal, you can halt their progress by performing an execution on the soldier hacking the terminal. To perform an execution as either the pack or the lurker, you must first jump near an enemy with X and then press R1 or the first right shoulder trigger. To perform an execution as a puker or a spitter, hold the X button to sprint and while sprinting, press R1.

Now let's go into class-specifics:
    The Pack: They are the fastest respawning as well as the most nimble of the Necromorphs. Their only attack is melee however, it is quite powerful. Take caution while you are playing as the Pack because they have the lowest health of all and will die quickly. If you sneak attack a lone soldier, there is a chance you will kill him. My tactic is to always attack the back of the soldiers so that they can't have a clear shot to fire stasis on you. I have killed many players with this tactic. As always, attack in GROUPS.

The Lurker: These guys are the second-fastest respawning. They have the unique ability to walk on walls so make use of that. Lurkers are fairly fragile just as the Pack however they do have a bit more resistance, assuming they didn't shoot at your tentacles. The Lurker can either melee or shoot fireballs(?) from their tentacles by aiming with L1 and....

I don't believe it. I typed everything up and when I try to click "Submit" it says I was logged out and my message was not fully auto-saved. How am I suppose to post a long post without the system logging me out?!

Death is Awaiting....

People actually play MP?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Kid, not loser

Great guide bro. I remember I was really into the mp for this game. I just LOVE the whole Dead Space series. Would still be playing the mp if it had trophies. I think I got to level 43, I was actually pretty good at it. This guide definetly will help the noobs.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    Great guide bro. I remember I was really into the mp for this game. I just LOVE the whole Dead Space series. Would still be playing the mp if it had trophies. I think I got to level 43, I was actually pretty good at it. This guide definetly will help the noobs.
    Thanks. I still play the MP because there are many players that still play it and most of them are around my level as well so it gets interesting. I just hate it when I'm pitted against 4 level 60 players that think its funny to gang up on noobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    People actually play MP?
    Yes, quite a lot of players actually. Its very entertaining and is a nice break from playing Hardcore mode in the main story of Dead Space 2.