hardcore playthrough

This is a discussion on hardcore playthrough within the Dead Space 2 forum, part of the D; about to start my hardcore playthrough and i was just wondering what kinds of difficulties have people run into, how ...

Lvl 10 - Platinum

hardcore playthrough

about to start my hardcore playthrough and i was just wondering what kinds of difficulties have people run into, how many times did you die before reaching that first save point? how much time wasted by deaths? hardest battles? im a little nervous about the drill ride and elevator ride without the tripods, i think if i can get through those ill be alright, any tips would also be appreciated

Lvl 10 - Platinum

also wondering if you can use the force gun on decompression windows?

Lvl 4 - Silver

Check this thread for some advice http://www.ps3trophies.com/forums/de...core-help.html

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I used the weapons: Plasma Cutter, Force Gun, Contact Beam, Line Gun.

The hardest chapters are 10, 7, 9, and 13...or at least for me.

Purger

I saved at chapter 6 - before encountering the six leapers and the three pregnants, chapter 10 - before the decontamination room and finally chapter 13.

I even forgot to get the vintage and the advanced suits because i was speed running and dodging all fights I could avoid.

I mainly used the plasma cutter, line gun, ripper and contact beam and briefly used the detonator (elevator ride with tripods, one shot one kill) and the force gun (on the packs and crawlers).

With four Alt upgrades on the Line gun you can kill brutes and tripods with one timed mine (Alt fire).

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Also, try not to buy all four suits. Skip either the Sercurity or Vintage suit to save a lot of cash.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

so it begins, two deaths in about an hour or so, once in the straight jacket because i turned the wrong way, and once in the laundry room when a puker practically spawned on top of me......awesome, i think each time i try ill do better because i was definitely nervous and missed some shots i shouldnt have and got hit more than i should have, i want to make it to my first save point without too many more deaths because i dont know how many times i can watch the opening sequence again, how about skippable cutscenes visceral? at least on hardcore after youve seen it several times already

Lvl 10 - Platinum

one more death in the laundry room and then one at the hands of an exploder that wasnt really that close to me but still tore me in half, i thought if i could get past the laundry room id be golden until chapter 5 or so but its not to be, fortunately each time ive played i have gotten a little further

Lvl 10 - Platinum

yet another death in the laundry room and then success until my first save in chapter five, just for fun i kept playing until dying at the tripod elevator, hindsight says i could have waited until chapter seven but oh well, at least i know i can get back there again and i dont have to watch the opening sequence again, still havent decided what weapon to upgrade, spent all my nodes so far on stasis and health

Lvl 10 - Platinum

second save near the end of chapter eight because i got nervous and didnt remember the pattern of the enemies in the room i was about to go into, kept playing for a while after that and realized i made a mistake, might go back from my chapter five save and make it to ten instead, even though the enemies get harder i think hardcore gets easier the further you go into it since you have the security of having saves backing you up, found the ripper to be extremely useful so far, wasnt a big fan of it before

Lvl 10 - Platinum

third save before the drill, wasnt sure about it so went safe since id been playing for about two and a half hours, not quite the final save place i envisioned when i started but i think i only have about an hour or so of gameplay ahead of me assuming i dont die, probably try to run through most battles from here on out

Lvl 10 - Platinum

went by a lot easier than i thought it would, no major problems on the way to the end, good strategy involving line gun and contact beam and nothing stands a chance, i think i only died twice after the laundry room, once from a exploder and once from a decompression window, all in all an exhilirating way to play the game since nerves play a big part of it, hope dead space 3 doesnt have this mode required for platinum, dont think my heart can take any more

PRO Member

Great job getting it ferret! I really need to do this too

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Great job getting it ferret! I really need to do this too
    its funny since i spent about a year avoiding this but it ended up being mostly easy, still nerve racking though

Lvl 10 - Platinum

hand cannon is quite funny, itd be nice to start with that for dead space 3 for the people who have beaten hardcore but unlikely

Purger

It's a little late but congratulations ferret.