Dead Space 2 Hardcore help

This is a discussion on Dead Space 2 Hardcore help within the Dead Space 2 forum, part of the D; I'm having trouble with my playthrough on Hardcore mode in Dead Space 2. I'm having trouble with the multiple stalker ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Dead Space 2 Hardcore help

I'm having trouble with my playthrough on Hardcore mode in Dead Space 2. I'm having trouble with the multiple stalker encounter on near the end of chapter 9. My first save wasn't till right before the solar array in chapter 7 so it doesn't take long to get to chapter 9. Anyways, because I keep dying I keep having to re-buying the Contact Beam, Ripper, Force gun (as a backup), and the Detonator. Any help as to how I can get through this area on taking minimal to no damage? (I HAVE gotten through this before but I nearly died every time. The furthest I've ever gotten after my first save was near the end of exploring the medical deck in chapter 10 but that was just pure luck).

Lvl 10 - Platinum

learn where they come from and place detonator mines in their path to you, also use stasis when they come at you head on so you can pick them off easily

O_o

Your load-out kinda stinks. I only kept the Pulse rifle and force gun on me because they're effective and spam-able.

Also keeping less on you will make the game spawn more ammo for those particular weapons, AND since you only have a few weapons on you, they're easy to get fully upgraded.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Also keeping less on you will make the game spawn more ammo for those particular weapons, AND since you only have a few weapons on you, they're easy to get fully upgraded.
    What he said. Pick 2 or 3 (at the most) weapons that you think works best for you and stick with them. Don't buy any other weapons and you should have enough money to upgrade decently and shouldn't really have to worry about ammo. I agree with ERIC about the Force Gun but I made it through with Force Gun, Plasma Cutter and Detonator. Everyone has their own preference.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Bringing the PAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Yamis1brother View Post
    I'm having trouble with my playthrough on Hardcore mode in Dead Space 2. I'm having trouble with the multiple stalker encounter on near the end of chapter 9. My first save wasn't till right before the solar array in chapter 7 so it doesn't take long to get to chapter 9. Anyways, because I keep dying I keep having to re-buying the Contact Beam, Ripper, Force gun (as a backup), and the Detonator. Any help as to how I can get through this area on taking minimal to no damage? (I HAVE gotten through this before but I nearly died every time. The furthest I've ever gotten after my first save was near the end of exploring the medical deck in chapter 10 but that was just pure luck).
    Honestly what everyone has said is true. The Ripper is shit and will not help much after the point your at. You don't want them to get close enough to use it honestly. I used Plasma Cutter, Detonator, and Contact BEam for most of the game, Bought the Force gun at the end for the last little bit of a run. Also knowing when and where to expect spawning is important. If you don't have it memorized, then just watch a youtube video on the section your stuck at.

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NOFORPAIN View Post
    Honestly what everyone has said is true. The Ripper is shit and will not help much after the point your at. You don't want them to get close enough to use it honestly. I used Plasma Cutter, Detonator, and Contact BEam for most of the game, Bought the Force gun at the end for the last little bit of a run. Also knowing when and where to expect spawning is important. If you don't have it memorized, then just watch a youtube video on the section your stuck at.
    Un-upgraded, yes I have to admit, the Ripper sucks (with the exception of lurkers. Even un-upgraded it can kill a lurker with two shots from it's alt. fire regardless of where it hits). But well upgraded it's freaking powerful. It can easily rip off the legs of a enhanced slasher. I have watched youtube videos but everyone I watch ends up not talking about the spawn points OR they end up speed running all the way through. There was only one guide that I could really watch but it only went up to the beginning of chapter 9.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ERICVOLTAGE View Post
    Your load-out kinda stinks. I only kept the Pulse rifle and force gun on me because they're effective and spam-able.

I know it's preference and all but I don't like the Pulse rifle. It runs out of ammo too quickly and it's way too weak even when going for the limbs (or maybe I just have bad aim ) I buy the detonator for flanks so I don't really have to upgrade it. The Ripper sucks without upgrades or if it doesn't have enough, the Contact beam I kept for it's special upgrade. The Force gun I buy for Chapter 12 on. The only real good weapon I can use is my line Gun. (I bought it as soon as it was available to me but since I'm trying to upgrade all my weapons I try not to focus on one too much). But, I do have the Patrol seeker rifle. Anyone think it's a good idea I replace one of my weapons for that?

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by ferretbusiness View Post
    learn where they come from and place detonator mines in their path to you, also use stasis when they come at you head on so you can pick them off easily
    Thing is they never do what I want. They always spawn at the last second, they hit me when I clearly cleared out the area, or one of the stalkers glitches out and then they all spawn where I don't want them to.

PRO Member

Your load out isn't the problem. A fully noded ripper can take out three to four dark necros with one blade as opposed to twenty plus plasma cutter rounds. Load out comes down to preference. Use what works for you. I used the ripper, line gun, detonator, force gun almost exclusively until the end gauntlet when I swapped out the ripper for the contact beam.

Before you trigger the stalkers to start spawning, booby trap the hell out of the stalker room with the detonators and pile up things to tk at the stalkers as they charge. There should be a few rods and you'll be able to use their claws once you've killed a couple. Trigger the spawn and run back to your tk pile, put you back to a corner and let the detonators do their thing. Then just tk rods and claws at the stragglers that made it past your traps as they charge. Use your force gun and stasis if you get overwhelmed.
    IV Card by: cmgravekeeper

Lvl 10 - Platinum

best bet is to watch some walkthrough videos, i found backing into a corner and using stasis and plasma cutter to be most effective, after youve shorn off a few limbs use your tk to save some ammo, two shots from their claws will finish them

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Rowdi View Post
    Your load out isn't the problem. A fully noded ripper can take out three to four dark necros with one blade as opposed to twenty plus plasma cutter rounds. Load out comes down to preference. Use what works for you. I used the ripper, line gun, detonator, force gun almost exclusively until the end gauntlet when I swapped out the ripper for the contact beam.

Before you trigger the stalkers to start spawning, booby trap the hell out of the stalker room with the detonators and pile up things to tk at the stalkers as they charge. There should be a few rods and you'll be able to use their claws once you've killed a couple. Trigger the spawn and run back to your tk pile, put you back to a corner and let the detonators do their thing. Then just tk rods and claws at the stragglers that made it past your traps as they charge. Use your force gun and stasis if you get overwhelmed.
    All right. I'll try it. See what happens.

PRO Member

If you're still having trouble, I found this to be the best walkthrough:

IV Card by: cmgravekeeper