Your Hardcore efforts

This is a discussion on Your Hardcore efforts within the Dead Space 2 forum, part of the D; seen this thread on other sites, and tried to search for it here, but didn't find it, so im posting ...

Protein powder

Your Hardcore efforts

seen this thread on other sites, and tried to search for it here, but didn't find it, so im posting a new one, so you can regail your hardcore efforts.

Here is my efforts so far :/

Try #1 - Chapter 1 - I died In the statis room, right after getting the stasis upgrade the slasher leaped at me and killed me on the first blow.

Try #2 – In chapter 1 – Died in the same place as above.

Try #3 – In chapter 3 - Minutes before reaching my first planned save point.. grapped a exploder by a mistake and launched it at a enemy, who was right in front of me.. boom I blew up.

Try #4 – chapter 2 – Not really a death, but I had toquite do to a movie I wanted to watch.

Try #5 - chapter 5 - YES ! in this run i finally managed to get to my first save point in the beginning of chapter 5, I put it there because i didn’t wanted to test my luck.

Try 6# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the 4 exploding Cysts in the room, but forgot about the 5th one right above the entrance to the next room .. So when I gladly ran for the door I got blasted into a million of pieces

Try #7 – Chapter 6- Been a month and a week since I last played so I had a bad run here, died almost 3 times and ran out of ammo and I finally died right after descending the elevator to the room where the stalkers were. Atleast I didn’t even try to be good in this run so im not pissed about it.

Try #8 – Chapter 6- Beginning of chapter 6, don’t ask me … I don’t know what the fuck happened. Apparently I got hit from behind.

Try 9# - chapter 7 – Right after the elevator fight, with the tripods, you arrive to the top, I carefully shot the "5" exploding Cysts in the room (yes this time i got them all), and I thought Yes !! then I ran through the door too the next room and saw a shop, so when I approached it I noticed a exploding Cyst right next to it, but it was too late, I got blasted into a million of pieces, like my 6th try… fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Im starting to think this game hates me, how the hell do I not notice those fucking exploding cyst ???, this is the second time I die in the beginning of chapter 7. Cyst are not even tough enemies that makes the game hard, they are fucking mines!
    Oh well, im back in chapter 5 now.

Try #10 – Chapter 9 – YES ! This was a really really good run and I made it to my second planned save in the beginning of chapter 9. Come at me Dead space 2 **pounds chest**

Try #11 – Chapter 9 – Hmpf !! Right after you first encounter the divider, I came to a decompression room. I thought I knew what I was doing so I planned ahead, ran to the corner and a dark slasher appeared. I shot the window, but wasn’t able to hit the red triangle ! I was like OH NOES !! and was cut into half by the door :/ glad I made my save 10 minutes before.

Try #12 – chapter 15 – FUUCK, I made my last save in the start of chapter 13, I SHOULD NOT HAVE PUT IT THERE !!!!! had a good run and didn’t die until chapter 15 right before the boss fight, I am pretty sure I killed the dark puker, but apparently it did not die and puked on me so I was slowed down then I got surrounded by dark slashers and they ate me for lunch ! fuck this shit. I give up …
    **starts to play again**

Try #13 – Chapter 14 – The Eye poke machine … Do I need to say more? This was the first time ever that I have died in that machine, I don’t know what the fuck happened ?!

Try #14 – End game – YAY I did it Hard to the core baby !! The final frontier !! peeeew.

How is it going for you guys?
    Last edited by Malik; 01-12-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

This was a fun read ... Haven't even started Dead Space 2 yet (just started number 1) - really not looking forward to this hardcore run though !

PRO Member

I died loads of times going for my first save. But once I reached it I only died once for the whole rest of the game. (Chapter 11) the opening sequence gets rather annoying watching it loads of times espcially as you can't skip it

Lvl 7 - Gold

i died about 6-10 times or so at different places before i got to my first save at chap 5 then died twice on my way to 7 and then finally died twice at the zero g sequence at 7 then finally i made it past that then died at chap 8 zero g sequence twice then finally i saved right after chap 7's zero g sequence. Then i died a couple of times from 9-13 then i made my save at start of 13 but it was so annoying that i made my save before a long cinematic and i had to keep watching it when i died trying to make my way from 13-end of the game. died a few times at last boss and guess what on my third time i actually beat nicole but died at the stupid last zero g sequence. Then in the end i beat the game was so happy. Honestly its getting used to the game its not impossible its just practice and good eyesight for the stupid cysts

Protein powder

Quote Originally Posted by abhinandhan22 View Post

i died about 6-10 times or so at different places before i got to my first save at chap 5.

then died twice on my way to 7 and then finally died twice at the zero g sequence at 7

then finally i made it past that then died at chap 8 zero g sequence twice

then finally i saved right after chap 7's zero g sequence.

Then i died a couple of times from 9-13 then i made my save at start of 13 but it was so annoying that i made my save before a long cinematic and i had to keep watching it when i died trying to make my way from 13-end of the game.

died a few times at last boss and guess what on my third time i actually beat nicole but died at the stupid last zero g sequence.

Then in the end i beat the game was so happy.

Honestly its getting used to the game its not impossible its just practice and good eyesight for the stupid cysts
    Lol glad im not the only one ^^

Edit* finally made it to my second planned save point
    Last edited by Malik; 01-05-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Malik View Post
    Lol glad im not the only one ^^

Edit* finally made it to my second planned save point
    'Grats making it to your second save point! I'm playing on zealot practising not saving, not dieing and figuring out good spots for those nasty ambushes... but I know this is going to give me alot of trouble... lol

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Protein powder

and there we go,i finished my hard core run
    saved in chapter 5, 9, and 13

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Malik View Post
    and there we go,i finished my hard core run
    saved in chapter 5, 9, and 13
    Didn't you do that a bit ago? Regardless, congrats! See, it wasn't that hard!?

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Retired Completionist

I only died 3 times.

Try #1 - After you defeat the first boss, in the laundry room. Chapter 2 i believe.

Try #2 - At the very beginning of chapter 13. You're able to save at a save station. There's an elevator by it. Once you take the elevator down, there's a room full of all kinds of Necromorphs. I died here.

Try # 3 - This one's very depressing... At the very very very very end of the game... Where you're trying to get to the ship dodging rocks and stuff. I was very nervous so that's what ended up killing me >_<

I saved on chapters 6, 10 and 13.
    Signature by ESYLD

Lvl 4 - Silver

Attempt #1 - Laundry (Start of Chapter 2)

Attempt #2 - Laundry (again)

Attempt #3 - Somehow glitched through an elevator, and fell straight through the floor (The elevator just after the first bench)

Attempt #4 - In the church after the female tripod, during the necromorph ambush, got hit by a puker, then one those explosive sack things spawned behind me and showed me the true meaning of anal.

Attempt #5 - Saved at Chapter 4 (after opening all the shortcut doors), Saved at Chapter 8 (before the Processing plant, even though I never died there I didn't want to take a risk), Saved at the start Chapter 13.

I must say, the Javelin Gun fully upgraded and the Contact Beam (alt fire fully upgraded and at least 1 charge) was the only reason I got through chapter 14 and 15. Javelin gun alt fire practically destroys every necromorph in 1 hit although if you are caught in the shock, it will damage you.

I used a plasma cutter and force gun for the majority of the game, I bought the contact beam for the alt fire statis (fail safe, to get me out of a jam but never needed it 'til the last boss).

I focused on upgrading my statis first, then RIG ('cos I tend to get hit often), then plasma cutter (straight to special first, then damage), then force gun (mainly damage and alt fire damage) then I saved most of my nodes 'til end game. I always had 1 full stack of statis, at least 4-5 med kits and the rest ammo.
    I had a contact beam, but only used it for Stalkers (statis as they charge, then one nice beam to the face) and didn't use it until the final boss.

Then at the last store I sold almost everything I had (plasma cutter, force gun, semiconductors, small med packs, excess ammo) and bought a Javelin gun, roughly 100 ammo, heaps of large med kits, and enough nodes to upgrade my javelin gun and Contact beam alt fire and 1 charge lvl.

6 hits from the contact beam destroyed the last boss also the alt fire helped me from getting plastered by the shadows.

Its doable, but damn, it takes commitment.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Birth-Metal-Death

Hi all.
    I think i saved a bit too early at the start of chapter 8.The furthest i've got halfway through 11 then a stupid mistake ended it all.It's usually a stupid mistake.

Trying again tomorrow,hopefully i'll get far enough.I'd really like to save it after the drill battle but i have a lot of work to do for that

Lvl 7 - Gold

Well, before I played Hardcore mode, I played through the game 3 times. Once on Normal, then Survivalist and then Zealot.

So, made it to my first planned save in chapter 6 with no trouble. Then I had some trouble but made it to chapter 12 on my third try. And lastly, made it to the save at the end of chapter 14 because making the gauntlet run to the marker in chapter 15 is a HUGE pain in the butt.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Birth-Metal-Death

Right,i restarted the whole thing and i've just finished my 3rd attempt and saved at Chapter 6.Way better than the Ch.5 save last time.I think taking the Force gun has helped.

I have high hopes

Lvl 5 - Silver

So long ago , i cant remember all of it , except ..after trying like 2-3 times and dying somewhere between ch 2-4 , i said screw this and gave up on it.......for 2 weeks or so, Than came back and i THINK my saves were at 5,9 & 11 or 13 , All i do remember with clarity was that i died at the eye machine once, and the part where you go thru like 3 floors only to get to the BRUTE at the bottom one ,...well i didnt die there and i kinda did, as right when i opened the door to the floor the brute was on, Isac fell thru the floor into black oblivion , yes a glitch ,and damn frustrating. All in all i think i died total say 7-10 times maybish... Looking forward to 3 when i can get it, and go thru the whole FUN HARDCORE again.........right!

Birth-Metal-Death

So i've pushed on and managed to save it at chapter 10.A happy man,yes!

1 save left and i'm aiming for when i get to the Government Sector.I really want to get passed the drill section before my last save.

Birth-Metal-Death

Got from Chapter 10 to 13 on my second try.I have hopes to Platinum tonight or tomorrow....maybe

Gods bless the Force Gun!

Lvl 7 - Gold

Saved at chapter 5 and now at chapter 9. Beginning of both. Planning on saving at the end of 12 I think.
    Did some casual runs at the beginning 1 month ago and 3 weeks ago, died awfully at chapter 2 and 3 but now I actually tried I only died once. I accidently blowed myself up with a mine :S Yeah, I know. Finishing the plat tomorow

Toggle Spoiler

currently working on several games

My first trophy guide - FIFA 14

Birth-Metal-Death

I think I bought all the DLC.If you like the Ripper,i recommend the Shockpoint or the Forged Ripper. Cant go wrong with the Bloody Force Gun either.

Dull Ember

Quote Originally Posted by Ed the Head View Post
    I think I bought all the DLC.If you like the Ripper,i recommend the Shockpoint or the Forged Ripper. Cant go wrong with the Bloody Force Gun either.
    Thanks for the advice I picked up the supernova pack. Died twice already though Laundry room and the stupid hanging upside down part. I am rubbish. I hate Hardcore.
    Got to save point 1 chapter 5.
    Save point 2 chapter 8, early I know but the missus was giving me grief for playing for too long.
    Save point 3 chapter 12, again a little early but the Drill ride scares me. I'm confident once I get past the Drill ride its job done, probably come back to haunt me though. Hardcore is quite intense.
    Got a bit complacent and died at the stupid eye poke machine. Hopefully i'll get it over the weekend.
    Died at the stupidest place ever, just before final boss site you have to spam x when Tiedmann shoots you I forgot this and I died.
    Finally got it.
    My loadout: Plasma Cutter upgraded to special, Ripper fully upgraded except for alt fire, Detonator upgraded to special especially for chapter 13, i swapped Plasma Cutter and Detonator for a fully upgraded Pulse Rifle for the last boss.
    Last edited by Elpoko; 10-29-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Save point