Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Hardcore Help

This is a discussion on Hardcore Help within the Dead Space 2 forum, part of the D; The plasma cutter is the best weapon! Just uppgrade it to max. Have 50% health packs in your innvetory at ...

PRO Member

The plasma cutter is the best weapon! Just uppgrade it to max. Have 50% health packs in your innvetory at all times, cause one hit can easely take 80% of your life. If you were to find you in trubble pick upp the force gun due to its aeo effect. The plasma cutter is awsome againts the brutes as well as cutting of limbs on all creature.

Make your first save as last as possible if you can push it to 7 or 9 its great! From here you have some dificult places the drill machine and the eye poking machine. You shoud use your last save right before the eye poking machine i belive it's on chapter 13! This run is hell to do. If you haven't done zealot yet i recomend to do hard core first. Cause the weapon you will recive just kick ass and zealot will be a walk in the park. Good Luck to all who is trying to get this achivment.

Saves around chapter 7 or 8 if you can make it 9. Second is around 11 and then at last 13. 14 and 15 is easly fast chapter as you can run all the way.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    The plasma cutter is the best weapon! Just uppgrade it to max. Have 50% health packs in your innvetory at all times, cause one hit can easely take 80% of your life. If you were to find you in trubble pick upp the force gun due to its aeo effect. The plasma cutter is awsome againts the brutes as well as cutting of limbs on all creature.

Make your first save as last as possible if you can push it to 7 or 9 its great! From here you have some dificult places the drill machine and the eye poking machine. You shoud use your last save right before the eye poking machine i belive it's on chapter 13! This run is hell to do. If you haven't done zealot yet i recomend to do hard core first. Cause the weapon you will recive just kick ass and zealot will be a walk in the park. Good Luck to all who is trying to get this achivment.

Saves around chapter 7 or 8 if you can make it 9. Second is around 11 and then at last 13. 14 and 15 is easly fast chapter as you can run all the way.
    Very tru the hand cannon kicks ass no matter what your fighting it does a one hit kill. Besides the last boss!!!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

I make my own mayo!

F****CK!!! Imma this MOFO if it killz me... Sloppy out...

Avi by TheGeneral09 Bar n Sig by Athena the Great PlatBar by In2

PRO Member

Thanks for keeping the thread up. I'll most likely be trying this on the weekend once I'm finished with the other two games I'm currently working on. Thanks for all the info!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 1 - Bronze

How much tougher are the enemies in Hardcore than in Zealot? I beat Zealot already and made my first save of Hardcore in Chapter 7 with a good supply of health packs to back me up.

RPG Master

Quote Originally Posted by JameJame456xx View Post
    How much tougher are the enemies in Hardcore than in Zealot? I beat Zealot already and made my first save of Hardcore in Chapter 7 with a good supply of health packs to back me up.
    Hardcore's difficulty is based upon the fact that you only get 3 saves throughout the game. This means that you have to know where you are going to save. The difficulty itself has been found to be around the level of Survival, but the scarcity of ammo is more like Zealot. If you made your first save in Chapter 7, then you are off to a good start. I recommend your next save be somewhere after the Ishimura and your last save around the Laser Cutting Room in the final chapter.
    Sig by JK_Blade
    Shemhazat's Trophies

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Shemhazat View Post
    Hardcore's difficulty is based upon the fact that you only get 3 saves throughout the game. This means that you have to know where you are going to save. The difficulty itself has been found to be around the level of Survival, but the scarcity of ammo is more like Zealot. If you made your first save in Chapter 7, then you are off to a good start. I recommend your next save be somewhere after the Ishimura and your last save around the Laser Cutting Room in the final chapter.
    ...The Laser Cutting Room?...doesn't ring a bell...

дурак

Skip to about 6:00. It's on Chapter 13 I believe. Unless he's talking about the Eye Poke Machine, which is indeed right before the last chapter.

Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 5 - Silver

The room where you can needle your eye I believe?( & yes on my Hardcore run I died there oh the sweet memories) or maybe not i didnt see the vid above yet, but i still died at that part with the needle.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

been trying 4 a year trying to plat it 1 trophy (hardcore) i bought on day 1 but still trying n keep on trying made it to the last level beat the bitch but a debri at the end killed me

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Hey guys, what advice can you give me on the part when you're facing hordes of Necromorphs before the fight with the advanced Brute? This is in EarthGov Sec. This is the place where the atmosphere is all red and enemies come at you from 2 different sides with all variants of Necromorphs to fight as well. I got murdered 3 times.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Hey guys, what advice can you give me on the part when you're facing hordes of Necromorphs before the fight with the advanced Brute? This is in EarthGov Sec. This is the place where the atmosphere is all red and enemies come at you from 2 different sides with all variants of Necromorphs to fight as well. I got murdered 3 times.
    I need a memory refresher. What chapter is that in? Also, what weapons are you using?
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 10 - Platinum

gonna have to try out hardcore at some point seeing as how its my last trophy before platinum, thanks in advance for all the tips

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

Quote Originally Posted by grayghost View Post
    I need a memory refresher. What chapter is that in? Also, what weapons are you using?

It's in Chapter 5 I believe.

Lvl 4 - Silver

I know exactly what your talking about the red room that has like 3 levels and the super brute at the end, you can run like hell and use statis on some of them, all necromorphs can be avoided in that area. They stop chasing you once you reach the room with super brute.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by NIGHTMARE View Post
    I know exactly what your talking about the red room that has like 3 levels and the super brute at the end, you can run like hell and use statis on some of them, all necromorphs can be avoided in that area. They stop chasing you once you reach the room with super brute.
    I followed your advice and it worked....after I died a bit. It seems like on the second hallway (2nd room), if you run on the right walkway, that will delay the Necromorph's spawn time. If you run on the left side, they will spawn as soon as you are a 1/4 of the way to the door. I was like "I thought Necromorphs were going to come out of the vents?" I stood there wondering and the next thing I knew was that I got shredded apart.
    Thanks for the advice though.

Purger

Use the line gun. Rush to the doors, open and turn around then use stasis on pursuing necromorphs and lay a timed mine.
    With four Alt upgrades on the line gun you can even kill the advanced brute with one timed mine.

PRO Member

If you bought a DLC which one did you use?

Lvl 5 - Silver

Dont do what I did, my last save was on Chapter 7 and I keep playing until the final boss fight and died in less than 5 min. I was so depressed that I didnt know what to do with myself. I was like..... ok, I know I will not try this again.
    PS4: jGezze7
    ''War... War Never Changes...... Men do, through the roads they walk.''

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by iRock View Post
    Dont do what I did, my last save was on Chapter 7 and I keep playing until the final boss fight and died in less than 5 min. I was so depressed that I didnt know what to do with myself. I was like..... ok, I know I will not try this again.
    What? your last save was in chapter 7!!!!! You should be looking to make your first save around chapter 6. My saves were 6,9,13.

The boss is very easy if you have fully upgraded your contact beam. 3-4 shots will do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast