Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hardcore Help

This is a discussion on Hardcore Help within the Dead Space 2 forum, part of the D; Hardcore mode is probably the only trophy that you need help with in this game. I know I certainly do. ...

Huge Gaming Backlog

Hardcore Help

Hardcore mode is probably the only trophy that you need help with in this game. I know I certainly do.
    It's the last trophy I need for plat and I have been putting it off for a while now. I was wondering if any of you guys who have platted this game can offer some tips or advice. The difficulty is not the problem it is where I should use my 3 saves and also what weapons you recommend. There were more than three spots in the game that were a little troubling. This would be a great plat to have. Any help would be appreciated.

One
    Lvl 6 - Silver

Recommended saves:

- Chapter 6
    - Chapter 9
    - Chapter 13

Those are the three I used and had no issues. I think the most important save out of the three would have to be at the beginning of Chapter 13. You can spreedrun the beginning of Chapter 13 right to the final boss fight in 20 minutes, so if you do die, it isn't even a big deal.

Gun wise, I would recommended the Plasma Cutter to start off with, but later on you should make the switch and get used to the Javelin Gun and Force Gun. Those are the two heavy hitters, and the Javelin Gun's secondary fire is a one hit KO on any class in the game, so it's definitely underrated as a weapon.

"Oh, so you think that the darkness is your ally? You merely adopted it, I was born in it."

Lvl 5 - Silver

weird Sam u used the same ones i did, 6,9, & 13, cant remember which weapon i used the most tho, i just remember that stupid spot with the brute on the bottom floor & i had to go thru 2-3 floors of respawning enemy ai, only to have my game glitch as i fell into a black void on the bottom floor.....

i think i varried my use of all weapons but upgraded the PC,pulse rifle & force gun?
    like isay it was back in March, i forgot, just remember the chapters, that & alotta swearing

PRO Member

My saves were 5, 10, and 13

I think I used only plasma cutter and rifle gun.

If you die, keep practicing. Practice makes perfect.

Huge Gaming Backlog

Thanks guys for the tips. They will come in handy.
    I might leave this thread open for anyone else who is stuck or has a question about Hardcore Mode.

дурак

My saves were 5, 9, and 13. Once you get to Chapter 13 it's no real big deal, you can usually run through some rooms of enemies without even fighting them. This saves ammo and health packs. I honestly have no tips for the last three chapters as I barely made it through myself. Just don't give up like I basically did . Good luck to you sir.

Also for the weapons, use what you are comfortable with. If you are having a really hard time, than I suggest buying one of the DLC packs. It does make a difference.
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Ithink that 6, 10, and 13 are the most common! I haven't yet started it on Hardcore though but the Plasma Cutter, the Force Gun and the Javelin are the greatest weapons in the game!

Obviously all of them behind the Flamethrower! (joke)

The Deathly Rhythm

I never got the game yet, i might get it next week and I will use this thread for help
    Avy and Sig made by the awesome DaRe_xLw

Feel free to add me: New PSN ID AzureBlaze99

PRO Member

I just finished my first play thru of the game last night. Had the game since the day after it came out. If I decide to go for the Hardcore trophy I will check back here for the tips given.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Royal Flush X2

Arrrg I almost finished my hardcore run but then I got grab by the final boss for a one hit kill back to chapter 13
    My saves were chapter 5, 7, 13. I use no DLC so it's really hardcore. I used the plasma cutter for about half of the game then I took out all my upgrades and spread them out on the ripper ,force gun and contact beam and also the stasis. The detonator can make certain sections like the stalkers much easier.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by omnislash View Post
    Arrrg I almost finished my hardcore run but then I got grab by the final boss for a one hit kill back to chapter 13
    My saves were chapter 5, 7, 13. I use no DLC so it's really hardcore. I used the plasma cutter for about half of the game then I took out all my upgrades and spread them out on the ripper ,force gun and contact beam and also the stasis. The detonator can make certain sections like the stalkers much easier.

Thats sucks dude. Good luck when you try again.

Sig and Avatar by Jondeere

Royal Flush X2

Quote Originally Posted by snakebit10 View Post
    Thats sucks dude. Good luck when you try again.
    It did suck but now I have the plat The last few chapters are actually not that bad as being able to have upgraded weapons do make it easier plus there shorter. Just have plenty of health packs and have the contact beam almost fully upgraded as it will make the final boss quicker and alt fire will get you out of jams from being surrounded by many enemies. Also having a mostly upgraded ripper helps as well. Don't forget almost upgrading the stasis to freeze that regenerator enemy after cutting him to pieces with the ripper and also use the stasis to keep the final boss from grabbing you. The eye needle machine though is nerve racking
    Last edited by omnislash; 10-31-2011 at 04:22 AM.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I haven't done hardcore yet, but use the plasma cutter, ripper and javelin. Those are the best ones in my opinion.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Starting to really hate this hardcore bullshit i have died over 20 times ughhhh however i finally made it to chapter 6 were my 1st save is. *I think i could of done better by pushing to 7 tho. *Personally be glad when this shit is over and done with. * Been playing all week grrrrr....I personally only use the bloody force gun and the plasma cutter.

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 4 - Silver

My saves were end of chapter 5 before the cutscene, Chapter 9 by the elevators and Chapter 13 right before the drill.

The gun I used the most was the force gun which helped me where I needed it the most in the hallways of the Ishimura by blowing everyone backwards.

I used Plasma Cutter (little guys); Force Gun (bigger guys) Detonator (Anticipatory mines for Stalkers, tight hallways) Line Gun (tentacle dudes on the walls) and the Contact Beam (for those huge tentacle monsters, the final battle and so forth.)

It's hard as hell but totally worth it. Best of luck.
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by kratos06 View Post
    I never got the game yet, i might get it next week and I will use this thread for help

The plat is certainly tough but the game is so damn good it doesn't matter
    Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! Turn it off! TURN IT OFF!

Lvl 4 - Silver

Its been a while since i got the plat but i remember saving on chapter 7, 9, and 13, the DLC's were a big help. The seeker rifle and javelin gun i think are the best weapons to use cause they do alot of damage and ammo is cheap for them, the javelin gun can take out a super slasher with one hit using its alternate fire. At the end use a fully upgraded contact beam on the final boss, i didnt even let those shadow things a chance to touch me. My final advice is to watch a walkthrough while playing so you'll know the spawn points and what ememies to expect.

PRO Member

In a multiverses of different bodies and souls

I did it without the DLC btw. I used the saves 5, 9, and 13. The Contact Beam, Force Gun, Plasma Cutter and Dentator were my main weapons.

Lvl 5 - Silver

Finally Finished this mode today Xd. I saved at chapter 6 , 9,and 13. I only used the Bloody Force Gun (DLC) and Plasma Cutter. I maxed out my health my plasma cutter and my force gun. Also did a lil work on the statis mode as well. You only need the force gun and the plasma cutter to beat the game. The force gun acts as a shotgun up close the alternet fire is really strong as well. Thank God This modes Done!!!

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Lvl 5 - Silver

This is wat i did, bought the dlcs and only used the force gun and plasma cutter. I took my time and went thru every chapter. I died a shit load before chapter 6. So i decided to save however i found myself getting thru to chater 8 until the spinning blades were you go thru at. I would personally try and push to chapter 8 and save before the blades. Choice to clear yours tho i strongly recommend that if your having problems in a chapter save it. I would also push for your last save on chapter 13. When the marker says make us whole again issca save it. From here on out until you reach the marker you will be bummed rushed by all the monsters. Better have the force gun out and ready to pop some monsters. Also i strongly recommend you to stock up on health ammo at chapter 13's store. This will help you when ur getting rushed by monsters and you wont die. Especally the one that regenrates his health. Also i recommend you buying the advance suit for it has 25 invertory slots and 50% armor. Good Luck to everyone you can do this just dont give up took me about a week to do so just a heads up Xd

~~Krauser~~
    Jack-_-Krauser_

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast