Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

EA: Dead space was too scary so thats why we threw co-op in

This is a discussion on EA: Dead space was too scary so thats why we threw co-op in within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; I never really felt completely "alone" while playing the 1st two anyways. There was always someone barking instructions to you, ...

Lvl 7 - Gold

I never really felt completely "alone" while playing the 1st two anyways. There was always someone barking instructions to you, or in a room with you, or in the same area as you with a glass barrier in between, or driving a vehicle for you, etc, etc.

Honestly, I'm still waiting for the day when people realize that companies want AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE to buy their game, if that means making some tweaks to appeal to a larger audience then it's gonna happen wether you like it or not. Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the best part, if they stayed true and just released more of the same... gamers would just bitch about that instead.

Lvl 8 - Gold

How ignorant do people have to be to tell a company to go fuck themselves for adding a feature that their fans wanted,if you read the article you would know ea never said the game was too scary.People who blast companies for trying to make a better game should GO FUCK THEMSELVES!

Kid, not loser

I see it more as people that played were pussies(no offense to anyone). I never got scared, it was just a thrill ride. No problem with them adding co-op for me, as I don't see it changing much of the gameplay.

Thanks to Bladia for the amazing Sig and Avy.

Buy my book, Alteration

Horror game. Too scary. Horror fans like scary. EA no like money giving fans?
    EA seems to be figuratively handing us the knife.

Sig by DaRe
    Click the sig and be whisked away to my checklist (now with updates!)! Or click here to visit my YouTube channel!
    Author of Alteration, now available!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by RaveNScythE18 View Post
    Having a partner is alright I guess but I prefer playing it on solo. Much fun that way. Now if there's coop trophies. St.
    Completely agree, but after seeing the 20 minutes of gameplay, single and coop there was no scare factor what so ever, all he did was shoot, shoot, shoot and it was just the 2nd level

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Kid_Loser View Post
    I see it more as people that played were pussies(no offense to anyone). I never got scared, it was just a thrill ride. No problem with them adding co-op for me, as I don't see it changing much of the gameplay.
    agreed, no scares, just a feeling of suspense preparing for the next necromorph to pop out of a grate right beside you

Lvl 1 - Bronze

dead island was co-op... and even in co-op... with the tropical setting, wise cracking characters, and ridiculous quests... i was still scurred shitless...
    dead space gave me nightmares, and even if it was co-op... i would still have nightmares... i had to turn my surround sound off just to finish the last two hours... personally, i think scary stuff is fun... but i don't want to be so immensely, needlessly terrified... its too stressful, i prefer to be creeped out, like in silent hill games... now silent hill is a series that would not mix well with co-op... but i love the settings, and style of dead space, if i wasn't such a pussy about it.. i'd play e'm again... i wasn't going to get 3... but i might after having read this...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by bmj2k7 View Post
    Completely agree, but after seeing the 20 minutes of gameplay, single and coop there was no scare factor what so ever, all he did was shoot, shoot, shoot and it was just the 2nd level
    Yeah, I saw that too and i agree as well, it just looked like it was Gears with necromorphs.

Hopefully the game will crank up the tension and produce more thrills the further it goes on.
    The Twilight Saga: A tale of a girl torn between beastiality and necrophilia.

Change is mediocre

After watching the 20 minutes gameplay, I think EA have done the impossible and may have almost wrecked the Dead Space series. It's looking like an action game, with necromorphs. It shouldn't be looking like a ripped off Gears of War game >:F

Prayer Warrior

people just need to chill out. there's no law that says you HAVE to play co op. it's there for an added bonus and i for one am happy i can now play this series with my wife instead of her just watching me. and who says because it's co op it won't be scary. man i swear some people are just plan stupid

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I'm all for the co-op, I'm looking foward to playing this with my friends. I honestly didn't find either of the games to be so called " Scary " it is just a well put together game & some gamers can't handle the " Spook Factor " I honestly wish they would amp it up more! Besides for all the gamers out there that agree with me this is a good time to play pranks on your friends and get a few good laughs at your friends expense lol

illegal in 9 countries

Quote Originally Posted by Ps360 View Post
    there's a diffrence between adding features to not make it a rehash and completely going insane and making major changes to remove major reasons why it's so liked.

it's like they want to shoot themselfs.
    They're not removing any of the scary stuff, they're adding co-op to broaden the game's appeal and to inject a fresh perspective on the experience. This is the third time round for Isaac, it's about time he had some company.

I approve of the change, if not the marketing message. Most core gamers would be happier with "get guts on your mates" more than "hold me, I'm scared", but it's ultimately the same game.

EA is simply targeting a different market, core gamers will buy it regardless.

My Own Worst Enemy

It amazes me that so many people think they would ruin a blockbuster series and risk losing millions in sales not to mention alienating the fans. That sounds like the worst business plan ever, so tell me would a company with a formula for printing fifty dollar bills really risk it? The answer is no, If people would just watch the video that is posted on the official Dead Space website they could see the co-op does not effect the single player campaign. In fact they went out of their way to please the existing fans while trying to get new ones. I think we should all take anything we read with a grain of salt and wait for Feb. so we can see for ourselves.

Check Those Corners

Who else knew it was PS360's thread before clicking the thread?

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im gonna be playing single player so IDC about Co-op making the game "less scary"
    Surgeon Of Death

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Fucking pussies ruined it & completely destroyed the DS series.. >:[
    I can sleep at night knowing EA can't do harm to the original Dead Space.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Ice Cream Firefighter

take the fear away what a crock of shit I say bring on the extremely scary shit & sell some man diaper's along side of it for the pussies out there or even better just don't buy it

WHY RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE

I loved the way RE2 could make me jump out of my skin. There was this one section where you had to run down a corridor to the left where the 2 interview rooms where full knowing a licker was about to smash through the glass but still jumped when it did everytime or anytime when Tyrant came smashing through the walls was always a quick jump lol

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing
    FFXIV A Realm Reborn
    Infamous Second Son
    Lego Titles

Game on....

Quote Originally Posted by great_daze_tazer View Post
    take the fear away what a crock of shit I say bring on the extremely scary shit & sell some man diaper's along side of it for the pussies out there or even better just don't buy it

WHY RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE

I loved the way RE2 could make me jump out of my skin. There was this one section where you had to run down a corridor to the left where the 2 interview rooms where full knowing a licker was about to smash through the glass but still jumped when it did everytime or anytime when Tyrant came smashing through the walls was always a quick jump lol
    I agree!! I want dead space 3 to be so scary, it will leave the player psychologically damaged after playing!

Crocodile Hunter

i should get around to playing the Dead Space series

Sig by Apokolypz

Ice Cream Firefighter

Quote Originally Posted by Ac3dUd3- View Post
    i should get around to playing the Dead Space series
    as should I thats why I couldn't make a DS reference

PS3/PS4/PSVita
    great_daze_tazer
    Xbone
    GreatDazeTazer

Now Playing