Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

DS3 - Info on New Game + Modes

This is a discussion on DS3 - Info on New Game + Modes within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; For anyone curious what the various gameplay modes of Dead Space 3 are all about, I saw this info posted ...

Lvl 6 - Silver

DS3 - Info on New Game + Modes

For anyone curious what the various gameplay modes of Dead Space 3 are all about, I saw this info posted on another site by a reviewer, Chandler Wood, who had played the first 4 chapters:

"Upon completing the game you will unlock New Game + mode, Classic mode, Pure Survival mode, and Hard Core mode. New Game + is your traditional second playthrough with the same equipment, weapons, and upgrades carrying over into the new playthrough. Classic mode uses the aiming system from Dead Space 1, there is no co-op allowed, and the weapons are limited to the weapons from the first game. Pure Survival is a resources based mode in which you won’t find health packs or ammo anywhere. In this mode you must craft everything at benches.Hard Core mode has made a significant change from its appearance in Dead Space 2. In Dead Space 3, the save system utilizes an autosave at checkpoints, rather than requiring you to manually save at save points. For this reason, the limit of three saves from our previous experience with Hard Core mode would not work for this game, which is why in Dead Space 3’s Hard Core, you simply cannot die. That’s right, no deaths. Period. You can autosave, stop playing the game, come back to it anytime, but as soon as you die your progress is reset to the beginning and autosaved. As Woldman put it, “You have to be perfect”. I’m not going to spoil what completing Hard Core mode ultimately unlocks, but it sounds like it is going to be really awesome and open up even further replay options. It seems that EA and Visceral really want to make sure that you get a lot of value out of the game."

Hope it's of value to some.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

O_o

New hardcore mode, fancy that.

Negator

I'll read this in the future, when it's not one giant run-on paragraph.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

If this is true then i will not even give it a go! this game is bigger then the rest of them. What the hell do you do if you die on the last boss?! Dead space 2(hard core) is hard enough.

Prayer Warrior

wow they really went overboard with hardcore mode this game. that's just crazy. too much.

ps3trophies.com member since April 2009

Lvl 10 - Platinum

hardcores gonna suck, any word on if you can coop it? might make it easier

Plats-O'-War!!

Wow, I never played Dead Space 2 (even though I have it in my backlog ) and I heard that Hardcore Mode was hard enough, but NOW you have to be perfect in Dead Space 3 or else you'll have to start over? :stare: Overkill much?

An old-fashioned cowboy

Holy shit that new hardcore mode sounds awesome. I'll have to hurry up and get around to playing DS2 so I can get DS3.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Is there a trophy related to hardcore mode? If not, then who cares just don't play it.

-i- love myself.

Holy fuck.... I thought they would make Hardcore difficulty a little bit easier from the DS2. This shit is crazy.. you gotta be an expert.

Identity Overload

Now that hardcore mode maybe not that bad. Died? Turn the PS3 off or exit to XMB before the autosave. Easier than DS2

Sig by Prosthetic | Platbar by In2 | Avatar by Alison

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Qurb View Post
    Holy fuck.... I thought they would make Hardcore difficulty a little bit easier from the DS2. This shit is crazy.. you gotta be an expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspernatio View Post
    Now that hardcore mode maybe not that bad. Died? Turn the PS3 off or exit to XMB before the autosave. Easier than DS2
    I was thinking both of these as well. I like the save feature (so you don't have to do it all at the same time) but I'm not too keen on the New Hardcore stipulations altogether. Regardless, this game is going to be sweet and I'm liking Classic Mode requirements the best! I loved the first game so that will be dope. I plan on doing the one gun run too

As for what Aspernatio points out, that would be sweet, but I don't know how reliable that will be...and what about if you upload it to the cloud? Couldn't you just delete the save off your system, then copy the one from your cloud with each section or something? I guess we'll see...inb4 buyers/hackers

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by seanquan View Post
    Is there a trophy related to hardcore mode? If not, then who cares just don't play it.
    there is a trophy for hardcore as well as classic and pure survival, looks like at least four playthroughs for platinum, maybe five with new game+, i guess i know what im playing this february

Lvl 7 - Gold

Quote Originally Posted by DETfaninATL View Post
    in Dead Space 3’s Hard Core, you simply cannot die. That’s right, no deaths. Period. You can autosave, stop playing the game, come back to it anytime, but as soon as you die your progress is reset to the beginning and autosaved.
    Those sons of a .............
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Aspernatio View Post
    I'd be real careful with that. If you turn off the PS3 when the HDD is being accessed by accident during the autosave it could corrupt your whole hard drive.

Negator

Quote Originally Posted by seanquan View Post
    I'd be real careful with that. If you turn off the PS3 when the HDD is being accessed by accident during the autosave it could corrupt your whole hard drive.
    This pretty much becomes a non-issue with PS+, or if the game saves aren't copy-protected and can be backed up to a USB drive.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

They might as well call it "FUUUUU mode" instead of "hardcore mode"
    HC was a huge pain but now you want me to PERFECT when the game itself won't be too predictable?
    I bet for sure this will be a trophy required for plat....visceral you sons of bitches
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

PRO Member

so they have released on there website that you only get on life. fuuck! not sure if i will even try for it? maybe if someone manage to go around the saves on it. or you simply need to use alot of cash to buy a whole storage with ammo and health.

Lvl 7 - Gold

Wtf hardcore mode in this is just insane not die at all wtf!!! dont think i can complete this

Angel of Death

What. The. Fuck. 1 life? 3 saves is bad enough (going through Hardcore on DS 2 at the moment), but one life? I hope I can do the same with Cloud Storage that I did with Medal of Honor Warfighter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast