Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Dead Space 3 demo thoughts ?

This is a discussion on Dead Space 3 demo thoughts ? within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; Found this article on classic mode , it certainly sounds good but I really hated the demo , mind you ...

Rangers F.C

Found this article on classic mode , it certainly sounds good but I really hated the demo , mind you I just played RE6 and it was really good but nothing like the originals , I hated the demo for that too lol

Dead Space 3 to have one-life-only Hardcore mode, 'disturbing' DLC
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

дурак

Dead Space was never really scary for me. Sure, the first one had it's creepy moment and pitiful jump scares. But what I liked about it was the gameplay. And while the story was "meh" I still found some enjoyment in it. I've always wanted a mode where you fight a constant amount of Necromorphs with friends. Co-op is close, but it's just not that great, unless you play with a friend. In which case, you can find SOME enjoyment.

I think the demo was fun. I enjoyed it overall. The game feels odd though, like how Isaac controls has been tweaked somehow from Dead Space 2. And it just didn't feel right. The bench is a tad confusing at first, but I'm sure with more time I'd get used to it. Customization was fun and it gave me a few neat weapons to play with. I think people should calm down and just give it a chance, if after the demo you still didn't like it, that's fine. But personally, I had fun.

I even recorded a video with me and Schism playing together

I know, shameless plug. But whatever :stare:
    Blank Friend Requests will be ignored and/or blocked
    My Checklist | My Trading Thread | My Youtube Channel
    "The oldest and strongest of emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown"

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    Not heard about the classic mode , sounds interesting , is there any details on it ?
    Yeah. Basically it's like playing DS so you might enjoy that mode more. However, I think you have to play through the game normally first.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    Yeah. Basically it's like playing DS so you might enjoy that mode more. However, I think you have to play through the game normally first.
    Yea you need to complete the game once.

Lord of all Goat-Men

Just finished the Demo. My only thoughts are "Dead Space 3 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks."
    Dead Space 2 wasn't scary at all, but with the developers claiming that they implemented co-op because it was too scary, I had my hopes up. The demo feels a lot like a Lost Planet game, set in the Dead Space universe. It probably didn't help that the only available starting difficulty was Normal, and they gave you enough ammo to finish 2 playthroughs. The human enemies were a nice change, but didn't provide a challenge (no flanking or tactics of any kind), and shooting them didn't feel good.
    The graphics were quite impressive, so I'll give it that.
    From the Demo, which I know is not really a reliable indicator of the entire game, I'm expecting Dead Space 3 to be a fun co-op TPS, nothing more. Here's hoping it's a Resident Evil 5 situation, not a Resident Evil 6.

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Just finished the Demo. My only thoughts are "Dead Space 3 suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks."
    Dead Space 2 wasn't scary at all, but with the developers claiming that they implemented co-op because it was too scary, I had my hopes up. The demo feels a lot like a Lost Planet game, set in the Dead Space universe. It probably didn't help that the only available starting difficulty was Normal, and they gave you enough ammo to finish 2 playthroughs. The human enemies were a nice change, but didn't provide a challenge (no flanking or tactics of any kind), and shooting them didn't feel good.
    The graphics were quite impressive, so I'll give it that.
    From the Demo, which I know is not really a reliable indicator of the entire game, I'm expecting Dead Space 3 to be a fun co-op TPS, nothing more. Here's hoping it's a Resident Evil 5 situation, not a Resident Evil 6.
    I agree with most of that , especially the Lost planet bit but I never thought the graphics were particularly good
    Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12