Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dead Space 3 demo thoughts ?

This is a discussion on Dead Space 3 demo thoughts ? within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; I just tried out the demo a couple hours ago , my first thoughts are WTF is this a Dead ...

Rangers F.C

Dead Space 3 demo thoughts ?

I just tried out the demo a couple hours ago , my first thoughts are WTF is this a Dead Space game ? in the ten or so minutes I could handle I saw aliens shooting at me , humans shooting at me and loads of shit enemies , the actual controls seemed fine but noticed it was just as easy to shoot the monsters to death , than trying to cut there limbs off . The whole environment looked bad IMO and had little to no atmosphere , I hope they have not turned this into another COD wannabe , sure its only a demo but as a huge fan was less than impressed , what you guys think , I hope I am wrong about it for the record .

Would like to thank Google and snipping tool for my amazing sig + avatar

I HAVE NEVER IN MY LIFE LEARNED ANYTHING FROM ANY MAN WHO AGREED WITH ME

To be conscious that you are ignorant of the facts is a great step to knowledge

The Bushiest Pig

I just don't like teh workbench
    1st Place - VITA Trophy Guide of the Year, 2012 - Uncharted: Golden Abyss

2nd Place - CB Personality of the Year, 2011

2nd Place - DLC Trophy Guide of the Year, 2011 - Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection

Death is Awaiting....

Quote Originally Posted by Bushpig94 View Post
    I just don't like teh workbench
    Shit be wack yo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

:platinum: since Oct 08

I thought the demo was way to short

PRO Member

Yea it's more action based! and i diden't realy feel the diffirence between singel player and coop maybe this will change when you play the game? I don't realy feel the workbench yet, but i bet it change when you play the game.

It dosen't realy feel new like it did with dead space 2! i guess it's because i know what it's all about. And having enemy fire realy was strange mixed fealing's about that. None the less this will be fun hopefully

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by l_brilla View Post
    Yea it's more action based! and i diden't realy feel the diffirence between singel player and coop maybe this will change when you play the game? I don't realy feel the workbench yet, but i bet it change when you play the game.

It dosen't realy feel new like it did with dead space 2! i guess it's because i know what it's all about. And having enemy fire realy was strange mixed fealing's about that. None the less this will be fun hopefully
    Action is fine if the balance is right , this game is supposed to be scary and not just constantly shooting shit , I really hope this does not mean the end to another one of my favorite games .

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by UNCLEPAULIE View Post
    I really hope this does not mean the end to another one of my favorite games .
    Aye same here! Will you atempt hard core? or maybe wait untill some guy manage to make the chapter saves a permanent save( if it's possible)

PRO Member

Urgh, was hoping this wasn't true. The whole game going more action based... For fuck sakes. Why do all horror/survival games have to ignore the horror/survival element and turn all CoD on us.
    Do the developers give a crap about what the gamers actually want??

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post
    Urgh, was hoping this wasn't true. The whole game going more action based... For fuck sakes. Why do all horror/survival games have to ignore the horror/survival element and turn all CoD on us.
    Do the developers give a crap about what the gamers actually want??
    I think they care, but they proboly are looking for more money and making it to be for a bigger audiense. And it's a damn shame, but i have to wait until feb the 7 to be sure. And they are already confirmed that they have a dlc for it.

PRO-M Thanks 2 NeroRadec!

Demo sucks, DS3 sucks.. sticking with the original. Not purchasing. Let it burn.

Signature by DaRe_xLw

Lvl 7 - Gold

Demo was meh. I never played Dead space 1 before infact just started that yesterday but i played dead space 2 and it was so damn good. But the demo was not very good I hate the workbenches crap modding new weapons and also the atmosphere is not eerie like dead space or dead space 2. I had more fun with dead space 1's starting section than with this demo. was really disappointed. also i dont like the human enemies. not getting this on launch. probably 2 weeks later after launch

Rangers F.C

Aye same here! Will you atempt hard core? or maybe wait untill some guy manage to make the chapter saves a permanent save( if it's possible)
    Right now I am not even planning on getting it , I had not been paying much attention till the demo came out cause I thought its Dead Space its going to be great anyway , now I am not so sure

PRO Member

I think they care, but they proboly are looking for more money and making it to be for a bigger audiense. And it's a damn shame, but i have to wait until feb the 7 to be sure. And they are already confirmed that they have a dlc for it.

Yeh, a DLC that has part of the story that's supposed to be "disturbing". Here's an idea.... how about they put the fucking rest of the story in the damn game when they release it...
    It's supposed to come out sooner than we think too. So again, delay the game release for a few weeks, put the DLC in-game! Instead of making us wait a few weeks then charging us extra again for it.

Lvl 8 - Gold

Yup, gotta love when they announce DLC even before the game's out. I'll wait before getting it since I wasn't impressed with the demo.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

As Dead Space fan I was excited to hear about part 3. The Dead space demo was not very good. I think it looked great, controls were the same, game style was the same. It actually felt like I was playing dead space 2..so I was actually bored half way thru. I don't doubt the game will be fun. It always is, but now the game is stripped of the core elements that made Dead Space stand out among other titles.

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisValentine View Post

Yeh, a DLC that has part of the story that's supposed to be "disturbing". Here's an idea.... how about they put the fucking rest of the story in the damn game when they release it...
    It's supposed to come out sooner than we think too. So again, delay the game release for a few weeks, put the DLC in-game! Instead of making us wait a few weeks then charging us extra again for it.
    I definitely agree that the DLC should come with my $160 purchase...it actually might

Regardless, I enjoyed the demo. Some new enemies and new bench is neat. Only major difference in controls is that Issac can roll? Definitely a bit more action-esque for sure. Though Classic mode compensates for that

For those of you expecting too much or whining because "it's not the same" please get off your high horse I know that I will enjoy this goddamn game.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    I definitely agree that the DLC should come with my $160 purchase...it actually might

Regardless, I enjoyed the demo. Some new enemies and new bench is neat. Only major difference in controls is that Issac can roll? Definitely a bit more action-esque for sure. Though Classic mode compensates for that

For those of you expecting too much or whining because "it's not the same" please get off your high horse I know that I will enjoy this goddamn game.
    Not really whining if you say you don't like the direction it seems to be headed lol , sure games change but in most cases its not for the better , for them to change Dead Space 3 to action is just the same as saying the survival horror in the first one was a miss , and for me it was the best , sure there is loads of action in the first one but do we really want the monsters carrying guns , if this turns into a shooter it will have destroyed the best part of the gameplay e.g tactical shots to cut the limbs off , ammo shortages and being scared to press on into the game .

PRO Member

And they gave the classic mode for that. I will fully judge it when I play it, but I'm sure I will enjoy it because I'm not going into it with a closed mind. (Not you, just generally speaking)

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Rangers F.C

Quote Originally Posted by daftprophet View Post
    And they gave the classic mode for that. I will fully judge it when I play it, but I'm sure I will enjoy it because I'm not going into it with a closed mind. (Not you, just generally speaking)
    Not heard about the classic mode , sounds interesting , is there any details on it ?

WHO DAT!!!!

hear say is just hear say........play it and love it.....there are always haters that DONT LIKE ANYTHING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast