View Poll Results: "How difficult is it to earn the platinum trophy for this game?"

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very Easy

0 0%
  • Easy

4 30.77%
  • Moderate

4 30.77%
  • Hard

5 38.46%
  • Very Hard

0 0%

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; (banner image pending) This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread , but it also has a poll. Please ...

The Incredible Marccap

The Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread

(banner image pending)

This thread is first and foremost a discussion thread, but it also has a poll. Please do not vote in the poll until you have earned the platinum trophy for this game. That being said, we invite you to post below and discuss the difficult aspects of the game, even if you do not yet have the platinum trophy in your collection.

When you post, give more than just a number. Give reasons why you feel the game is easy or hard. What parts of the game are easy or hard? Were there collectibles? Were they a pain? Is there a required online component? How easy or hard is the online portion? What is the most frustrating part about the game?

Once you have obtained the platinum trophy, feel free to return to this thread and post your official vote. Say something to the effect of "I give this a 2 because there was only one tough spot and the collectibles were very easy to find". At this point, you may also add your vote to the poll.

The poll is public, meaning everyone can see how you vote.

Obvious spamming will not be tolerated. Moderators will take action against obvious spammers as necessary*.

*NOTE: This Official Platinum Difficulty Discussion Thread and others like it constitute an Official Site Feature here at PS3T.com. Misuse of this thread or this poll may count as an abuse of a site feature which is expressly forbidden in the site rules. Moderators will give punishments as necessary.

Add Me on PSN - Marccap

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Got my plat for this game. I voted Hard. The game is more time consuming than difficult. However, if there was an option "Hard & Annoying" I would've definitely chosen that because of Hardcore mode - many many cheap deaths.

Thanks to Bushpig, Luckay and Powerpyx for the trophy guide - helped me find some of the collectibles I missed. A guide well done.

Can't wait for Awakened DLC.

Needz Trophy Card

i gave it an easy, wanted to go very easy but some people will be put off with hardcore but with the usb stick and if its your last playthrough you know where everything is. the game gives you every tool and then some to platinum this game. hell ill change my vote to very easy.
    videogameman-If i was going to fuck my son, I'd kiss him first.
    Compalicious-in all fairness bodi, it is a bit on the big side
    bodigard-^^^that's what she said!

PRO Member

I voted moderate!

Although this is not a difficult game to master due to all the glitches you can use, but i feel it takes a while to do 5 playthrougs and find all artifacts and so on. So it got boring after 2 playthrougs, but the game it self is fun. I used the devils horn on pure survival with patch 1.02 if anyone is wondering about that glitch patch. on HC i used my bolt gun the game gives you alot of ammo on this difficulty so no need for the devils horn here.

The next thing would be make a damn button so you can skip the movies!. It took around 44 hours from start to finish.

And thanks for the guide on this one i used it alot.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate. Was going to say hard since you have to play through all the different difficulties but it was more of a annoyance than difficult. Only mode I found slightly tough was classic. Over all I loved the game and I'm looking forward to the DLC.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Moderate, with using the Devil Horns glitch. LOVED the game although I am with 01 Brilla and being able to skip the cut scenes.

"A Man chooses; a Slave obeys"

Lvl 4 - Silver

I voted Hard.
    I don't know about you people but I found classic mode harder than anything else. The fact that you can't mod your weapons really screwed with my head (attachments, not nodes).

Hard core isn't as tough as part 2 (you can co-op Hardcore) but you might find yourself dieing more to the environment than anything else. I made it to chapter 18 before I died for the first time. (only died twice, both to the environment)

I didn't want to take the easy way out, I didn't use Devil's Hand.. you shouldn't even need to use it. A proper combination of guns will destroy anything that comes at you. Seriously, almost any Force Gun combo will get you through.

And I'm guessing the people that glitched it through doesn't really make it easy or moderate, since, if you had to rely on a glitch, it would've been hard for you

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Dull Ember

Hard
    Took me 60 hours. Pure Survival was hardest playthrough I ran out of health and ammo several times and had to backtrack a lot. I used a USB on Hardcore so that took the edge of it. I started only saving every 5 chapters but by chapter 18 I was saving at checkpoints. I agree completely with OI Brilla with the unskippable cutscenes and 5 playthroughs was excessive.
    I also don't think much thought went into trophy design on this game. The kill specific trophies didn't make any sense and getting atrophy for collecting all artifacts yet getting another trophy for collecting all alien artifacts is messed up as in order to get one you have to get the other. Not enough trophies were devoted to weapon crafting and I would have liked to see a reward for greater experimentation.
    Great trophy guide though.

Retired...

Moderate - So many exploits that can be used in Hardcore. The only time consuming thing is the 4 required playthroughs and collectibles. It could have been more harder if they made a locked save like Max Payne 3.

Signature made by dsluckay & PPS bar made by RaveNScythE18

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    Hard
    Took me 60 hours. Pure Survival was hardest playthrough I ran out of health and ammo several times and had to backtrack a lot. I used a USB on Hardcore so that took the edge of it. I started only saving every 5 chapters but by chapter 18 I was saving at checkpoints. I agree completely with OI Brilla with the unskippable cutscenes and 5 playthroughs was excessive.
    I also don't think much thought went into trophy design on this game. The kill specific trophies didn't make any sense and getting atrophy for collecting all artifacts yet getting another trophy for collecting all alien artifacts is messed up as in order to get one you have to get the other. Not enough trophies were devoted to weapon crafting and I would have liked to see a reward for greater experimentation.
    Great trophy guide though.
    Dude that picture is hideous
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

I voted Easy, but I used Devil hands on Hardcore and USB, I only died about 3 times and that was either flying or climbing. The last trophy I got was the 1000 limbs trophy lol.
    My FAV plats:Bioshock, Fallout, Crysis, Dead Space, Dead Island, RE, Prince of Persia and all the different versions of those games.

Lvl 9 - Gold

easy wid exploits hard without em!