So, how good is the game? (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

This is a discussion on So, how good is the game? (NO SPOILERS PLEASE) within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; As the title says. I'm holding off on buying it until I see or hear some reviews. That's where you ...

Lvl 8 - Gold

So, how good is the game? (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

As the title says. I'm holding off on buying it until I see or hear some reviews. That's where you come in, guys. What are your opinions on the game?

WHO DAT!!!!

ill let you know tonight, but dude, its dead space........gonna be EPIC

PRO Member

Not getting it before it lunche's up here wich is on thursday (2 days dammit). Looking forward to hear what you think of it

Look's like they are giving it a little lower score due to all the ekstra dlc continent.
    Last edited by ěl_brilla; 02-05-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

playing it soon so ill let you know but the reviews are in the high 70s for the most part, not really that great considering the first two games scored high 80s, but im not sure if people are basing their reviews off actually gameplay or the amount of bitching that fanboys have been doing about visceral making too many changes to the gameplay and atmosphere, im sure ill like it since i love me some dead space, but not for the horror aspect so i dont really care if they change it up and make it more actiony, i just want some progression in the storyline and some suprises

INTJ

Every review that gives it high scores are saying "The gameplay sucks but everything else is ok 9/10"

it makes no fucking sense. i refuse to buy it though.

To Be Announced

I'm up to Chapter 5 and am enjoying it. Yes, it's a bit more action-oriented compared to the first two (so far) but not enough to tip the scales to be calling it some radical slap-in-the-face change (again, so far).
    Latest
    Borderlands 2

Currently Playing
    PAYDAY 2

Trophy Checklist

First Trophy Guide

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffx37 View Post
    I'm up to Chapter 5 and am enjoying it. Yes, it's a bit more action-oriented compared to the first two (so far) but not enough to tip the scales to be calling it some radical slap-in-the-face change (again, so far).
    yeah im in chapter 4 and it still seems dead spacey for the most part, definitely more action, but still some tense moments, havent dipped into coop yet, but i will soon if only to experience it

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im on chapter 3 and so far it is great , the weapon upgrade system seem to be a lot different in my opinion , but not bad , just different

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Im in chapter 9, and its like people are saying it is a bit more action orientated but still has its tense moments that dead space is known for. Money well spent so far.
    " Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."

PRO Member

Ok. Cool thanks for sharing guys..

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I've finished the game ... on NORMAL of course. It is frickin' awesome!!!! However although I've got plenty of trohpies, none of them show up on my profile account and on my XMB Online Mode trophy menu. Also, I can't redeem online pass and access downloadable contect. Even the CO-OP doesn't work of me. Maybe cos I got the game and played it before release date? I don't know.

But the game, is great. I enjoyed it. Gonna start, CLASSIC and PURIST soon. Also, I didn't find it as terrifying as Dead Space and Dead Space 2. It doesn't have a lot of frightening moments though. Love the crafting system.

Sic Vis Pacem Bellum

jesus christ gave it a 9/10, thats good enough for me
    Signature Provided By Djunglist

Lvl 6 - Silver

I've only played the first 4 chapters and one optional mission so far, but from what I've seen, I like it quite a lot. It's definitely a step towards the action genre moreso than Dead Space 2 was, but it's still very much Dead Space. The weapon crafting system can be a bit overwhelming at first but I do like it. While I haven't played co-op yet, I have my reservations about it, so we shall see. Overall, I'd say it's pretty kickass.....

"Stay Positive & Love Your Life"
    - 311 -

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Im on chapter 4 right now and i like it, i love the bench system making guns are cool i have this shot fun with a rifle so i use the shotgun on the necros and they fall back and while their down i take out the limbs with the rifle gun

also i like the optional missions very cool, i still have found no reason to use the dodge roll and i do not like the cover system, also it a little scary at some part but not as much as the first 2, good game overall!

WHO DAT!!!!

ok, im on like chapter 4 or 5 and here is what i think so far. Its still Dead Space, dark ,shit jumping out of everywhere and the enimies take alot more damage to kill. SOB's are fast and they know how to JUKE out of ur sights(Necros went to COD zombies school of defense). Guns have been added, dont really like that aspect but i will use it to my advantage. The controls are WAY less clunky and movement is improved with increased sensitivity. The dodge roll is awesome to get away. Bench is a lil confusing at first, but u get the hang of it quickly. the game is more action related then previous ones but i like it. havent tried coop but it should be way easier to coop thru hardcore. The graphics and the sound are just amazing, my house was shaking when i was turning on the power in certian areas!!! all n all this is still dead space with some improvments IMO and im loving this game so far

Lvl 4 - Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Starcrossed View Post
    I've finished the game ... on NORMAL of course. It is frickin' awesome!!!! However although I've got plenty of trohpies, none of them show up on my profile account and on my XMB Online Mode trophy menu. Also, I can't redeem online pass and access downloadable contect. Even the CO-OP doesn't work of me. Maybe cos I got the game and played it before release date? I don't know.

But the game, is great. I enjoyed it. Gonna start, CLASSIC and PURIST soon. Also, I didn't find it as terrifying as Dead Space and Dead Space 2. It doesn't have a lot of frightening moments though. Love the crafting system.
    You just answered your own question.

Anyway, came to see what people think about the game.. it seems like the changes are good, definitely buying this soon!

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

PRO Member

I'm loving it so far! Pretty much the same Dead Space to me, with a few differences. I don't have any complaints yet, but I most likely won't.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Sweet!! sounds like you guys are happy about it. Cant wait for tumorrow