Infinite Health Packs And Metals Exploit

This is a discussion on Infinite Health Packs And Metals Exploit within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; ...

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Infinite Health Packs And Metals Exploit

Negator

Another nice exploit, thanks for sharing.

It's too bad EA squeezed Visceral's balls during the development of this game, or else they would have (hopefully) had the time to iron out these small imperfections.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Angel of Death

I'll keep this in mind when I start it.

Change is mediocre

Thanks for sharing, I'll include it in the guide.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Interesting. The funny this is though is this isn't the only place to farm resources. You can practically do it in any part of the game. As long as you are in between autosaves if you save and quit then reload all the items are respawned.

Another section to do this is by the C.m.S. Greely ship. Choose to do the side mission and the game will auto save at the landing station. Then at the bottom of the wreckage their is a piece of it that you can go inside. Their is an item crate inside that has a ton of goodies. One is a compact standard frame gun part.

Get your stuff, save and quit, then reload. You will start at the trolly station when you reload and you can go back down to the same wreckage and get more goodies. Rinse and repeat as much as you like.

I got 4 compact frames for doing that to build my weapons.

DON'T BLINK

A recently-discovered glitch in Dead Space 3 that allows players to farm infinite resourcesfor item crafting isn't a glitch after all, according to EA's statement to GameFront. The method for obtaining said resources, skirting the game's microtransaction system, won't be patched out, either.

"The resource-earning mechanic in Dead Space 3 is not a glitch. We have no plans to issue a patch to change this aspect of the game. We encourage players to explore the game and discover the areas where resources respawn for free. We've deliberately designed Dead Space 3 to allow players to harvest resources by playing through the game," EA rep Jino Talens said.

No no no guys, it's not an exploit, it's meant to be like that...

Dead Space 3 resource farming glitch won't be patched, is intentional | Joystiq

there is a different vid in my link above than the one in the op too. So apparently there are several spots that this can be done

here is the vid

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Wow that just proves how dumb EA is.

"let's put in a microtransaction system to let people spend real money on in game resources! Then let's make an exploit/glitch that would enable a player to NEVER EVER have to use the microtranaction system, unless of course the suffer from mental retardation, Yeah were are smart EA exes".

Negator

Someone finds a serious exploit in the game.

"We meant to do that."

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

Bringing the PAIN

I am pretty sure these left in glitches are Vicerals way of telling EA to leave microtransactions out of their shit. Also the fact there are in game items (rations) that can buy the micro transaction items as well. And you don't even need all THAT many nor are they hard to find!

Avi by:dsluckay
    Sig by:In2

Lord of all Goat-Men

It's not Visceral telling EA to go fuck themselves, it's not EA being greedy, and it's not EA squeezing Visceral to release an unpolished game.

I put this up in the other thread on DS3 Microtransactions:

Visceral's John Calhoun:
    “There’s a lot of players out there, especially players coming from mobile games, who are accustomed to micro-transactions. They’re like “I need this now, I want this now”. They need instant gratification. So we included that option in order to attract those players, so that if they’re 5000 Tungsten short of this upgrade, they can have it.

“There’s also the hardcore Dead Space players, who are reluctant to spend money outside the purchase of the game. Honestly, most of the dev team are that way, we’re kind of old school, a little bit older. So not only are the micro-transactions completely optional, but all packs are available to purchase using in-game resources that you find.”
    Source. Source. Source.

Basically, you're free to spend your time farming these items, or you can be a bitch and buy them.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    It's not Visceral telling EA to go fuck themselves, it's not EA being greedy, and it's not EA squeezing Visceral to release an unpolished game.

I put this up in the other thread on DS3 Microtransactions:

Visceral's John Calhoun:

Source. Source. Source.

Basically, you're free to spend your time farming these items, or you can be a bitch and buy them.
    Well said sir.
    " Ernest Hemingway once wrote, "The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part."