Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Patch 1.02 Dead Space 3

This is a discussion on Patch 1.02 Dead Space 3 within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; Originally Posted by asianalex The patch is for the Devil's Horns. With it installed, you cannot use it when playing ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by asianalex View Post
    The patch is for the Devil's Horns. With it installed, you cannot use it when playing Pure Survival and Hardcore mode. So good call on not downloading it, although you can always just delete the patch and play offline.
    About playing offline, will you still be able to gather ration seals? I'm currently on pure survival and had to replay one chapter, 4times because i kept getting the message to update to latest patch and accidentally pressing it. Is there a way to disable this message and still get ration seals?
    I really need help with this so any advice is appreciated.

PRO Member

If you do classic first and start a pure survival run without the patch the devils horn will be in your safe. If you do it correctly the devils horn will be at the bench when patch 1.02 is installed to as long as you save and quit when you are at the bench during your pure survival run. When you have done that you can just install the patch and the devils horn will still be there.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

can you still use the usb trick as i dont want to keep redoing everything especially if i spend hours prepping a char

Bob 'n' Becca

Question about the glitch where you can use the devils horns in survival and hardcore modes. My friend has the game for 360. He's unlocked the weapon, and just started using it on survival mode. He had the game updated to where he could use his DLC weapons when he was playing it on normal and classic, but then he deleted his cache so that he could utilise the glitch on the harder modes. My question is this, if I update my game, purely so I can gain the use of my preorder bonuses, which, to be honest, probably aren't needed at this point of the game (chapter 14), will I be able to delete my game data after I beat classic so I can use the gun myself on the harder modes? It worked for him, but he has a 360 and it may not be as lenient on ps3. I'm asking because some games, dark souls in particular comes to mind, won't let you use a save, even if its yer own, if its from a patch that you don't currently have installed. I really need to know before I update the game just to find out it won't let me use the devils horns down the line.

Thanks to Thunder for the platbar!!!

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by Time_matrix View Post
    About playing offline, will you still be able to gather ration seals? I'm currently on pure survival and had to replay one chapter, 4times because i kept getting the message to update to latest patch and accidentally pressing it. Is there a way to disable this message and still get ration seals?
    I really need help with this so any advice is appreciated.
    Indeed. Just go into network settings and you'll have an option to enable/disable the network. Disable it. Keep in mind though, you won't be able to download anything in the background. Hope that helps!

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by jerethdagryphon View Post
    can you still use the usb trick as i dont want to keep redoing everything especially if i spend hours prepping a char
    I did, but it could just be me i dont know sry. Atleast you know that it worked for me with the patch innstalled .

PRO Member

Quote Originally Posted by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS View Post
    Question about the glitch where you can use the devils horns in survival and hardcore modes. My friend has the game for 360. He's unlocked the weapon, and just started using it on survival mode. He had the game updated to where he could use his DLC weapons when he was playing it on normal and classic, but then he deleted his cache so that he could utilise the glitch on the harder modes. My question is this, if I update my game, purely so I can gain the use of my preorder bonuses, which, to be honest, probably aren't needed at this point of the game (chapter 14), will I be able to delete my game data after I beat classic so I can use the gun myself on the harder modes? It worked for him, but he has a 360 and it may not be as lenient on ps3. I'm asking because some games, dark souls in particular comes to mind, won't let you use a save, even if its yer own, if its from a patch that you don't currently have installed. I really need to know before I update the game just to find out it won't let me use the devils horns down the line.

1 beat the game on classic
    2. you will get a massage that devils horn is in your safe (awsome) start pure or hard core.
    3 When you start a new save pure or hard core you will get the massage ( the devils horn unlocked and will be in your safe)
    4 Make your way to the first bench equip the devils horn just to be safe. Save and quit.
    5 innstall the patch!

When you load your save again the devils horn will still be there becaused you saved and quited.

So yes you can uppdate your game now and get your dlc weapons! beat classic and then delete the patch again. And then do the thing above. From step (2) you need to have deleted the patch ofc. Hope you got your answer .

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    2. you will get a massage that devils horn is in your safe (awsome) start pure or hard core.
    3 When you start a new save pure or hard core you will get the massage ( the devils horn unlocked and will be in your safe)
    4 Make your way to the first bench equip the devils horn just to be safe. Save and quit.
    5 innstall the patch!

When you load your save again the devils horn will still be there becaused you saved and quited.

So yes you can uppdate your game now and get your dlc weapons! beat classic and then delete the patch again. And then do the thing above. From step (2) you need to have deleted the patch ofc. Hope you got your answer .
    It sounds like I got my answer. Thanks chief.

Bob 'n' Becca

Quote Originally Posted by ěl_brilla View Post
    5 innstall the patch!

Actually, I just did an experiment. I made an additional save file for my game on a USB, and then I updated the game data, got my DLC weapons and suits and then I saved my game. I deleted the game date with updated 2.0, but then when I tried to load my save data with DLC on it, the game said that that file was missing DLC "enervater" or something and wouldn't let me load my game. Madness... Like I said before, I don't really need my DLC weapons because I'm far enough in the game that they'd be weak, but they would've been nice to have when I play classic mode. Ah well.

PRO Member

Humm this is a little strange. All i did is mentioned above! did you equip one of the dlc weapons before you saved and quit?

Bob 'n' Becca

No. I believe I had placed them all back inside the store. I can experiment one more time when I get home from my second job tonight. Lol.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

you should be able to download the preorder bonuses outside the game and thell work

Lvl 2 - Bronze

1 delete patch 2 go to psn store. 3 view downloads , 4 redownload dlc 5 enjoy ..thats what i did

Bob 'n' Becca

Jareth's advice worked, if anybody else was interested.

PRO Member

Nice to see you figured it out i gues the rest is easy.

Bob 'n' Becca

Having a problem again. I just tried to load my save so I could work on collecting the rest of the collectibles before starting Classic Mode, and it gave me another message about the 'Enervator'. I mentioned this before when I tried to subvert the patch and still access my pre-order DLC, the thing is it worked before. I haven't played the game in at least a week and I don't know what could've changed in that time. I went to the PS store to look up the Enervator and it shows that it is a DLC weapon, but I've never purchased, owned or used it before. Any advice?

The exact error message is as follows: "Load failed. This saved game cannot be used because it requires the downloadable content 'Enervator' which is missing or corrupt"
    Last edited by 957_Bob_Hollywood_13_HFS; 03-17-2013 at 02:37 PM. Reason: More information

Bob 'n' Becca

Nevermind, guys. I just redownloaded my DLC and that worked. I don't know why it makes a difference, but whatevs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12