Devil Horns in all game modes

This is a discussion on Devil Horns in all game modes within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; I couldn't find anyone really discussing this so I do apologize if this has already been addressed. I know on ...

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Devil Horns in all game modes

I couldn't find anyone really discussing this so I do apologize if this has already been addressed. I know on the gamefaqs boards and I later confirmed for myself the devil horns only work in Classic and Standard. The devil horns will not show up in Pure Survival or Hardcore.
    (same post as on the other ps3trophies site)

Delete the Dead Space 3 game data utility 1.01 or now 1.02, reload your DLC if you have any. Go offline and start a new game, or go to a bench on an already started game (like my Hardcore mode one) and the devil horns will be unlocked. I take it that patch 1.01 took the ability to use this on day one. And if you haven't started a game play until you get to the first story based bench in Chapter 3. Equip them and get to the next autosave point.

Enable network connectivity and download 1.02, you will have the devil horn but as I heard the new patch disables the infinite ammo trick (but do you really need it with the devil horns?)

Once again not sure if this has been addressed but if not I hope this helps people that are bummed about the infinite ammo patch.

*disclaimer* you have to still beat Classic mode to unlock them though
    Last edited by Trent424; 02-14-2013 at 09:16 PM. Reason: forgot about the website filter

Change is mediocre

Thanks for the info, I'll add this to the trophy guide after confirming it.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

I also want to make a note that when I loaded my game I was still in offline mode until I acquired the devil horns, my post on the other ps3trophies site said at least on pure survival that it didn't work. I am corresponding with them to see if they indeed were or were not. I can say for sure that it does work for hardcore (offline mode) and it does work when starting a new game. After you have it in your inventory it seems like there really isn't anything the game can do about it. Patch or not

The guy trying this on wasn't able to do so but he kept saying something about being on 1.01, I am going to make sure that is correct because the game data utility should only have your DLC (since you won't be able to open your game save without it) if he indeed did have it completely unpatched I have no idea if mine was an isolated case. It would be easier probably if I just add the link to the thread I am refering to

Ok apparently I have no idea how to put a link in here without it being blocked out, it's on the .org site

The other guy couldn't seem to get it to work, I am seeing if this may only be just me, or the north american version if it doesn't work on the european version

Just more information rather than make another post, you can use it with 1.02, you can use it in co-op. I do not think it works for the digital copy, but then again I didn't know exactly how I got it and kudos to Starcrossed for figuring out the formula.
    Last edited by Trent424; 02-15-2013 at 09:53 AM. Reason: additional information

Lvl 2 - Bronze

OH .. MY ... GOD!!! I can confirm this:

Ok here goes, I'm sure you guys have already completed Standard and Classic Modes and have received the Devil Horns. (Must do this at first, I guess).

1. Start Pure Survival and get to Chapter 3 - the room with the bench. Save and Quit.
    2. Start Hardcore and get to Chapter 3 - the room with the bench. Save and Quit.
    Now you have 3 or 4 save files - Standard, Classic, Pure Survival and Hardcore.
    3. Quit Game to XMB Menu.
    4. Delete DS 3 Game Data (in my case I had 2 game data files, so I got rid of both). Don't delete the save files (back them up on a thumb drive, just in case)
    5. Start DS 3.

6. Start Pure Survival and it will load up Chapter 3 bench location. You'll get a pop up message "Devil Horns unlocked and put in Safe". Works for me. YAY!!! Save and Quit.

7. Start Hardcore and it will load up Chapter 3 bench location. You'll get a pop up message "Devil Horns unlocked and put in Safe". Works for me. YAY!!! Save and Quit.

Cool glitch I thinks!

If anyone else can confirm this works for them .. then it should work for all.

Note: I'm playing Hardcore with the Devil Horns ... but I haven't installed 1.02 patch. I don't know what would happen after the patch. But then again, I wouldn't want to find out until I have completed Hardcore.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

I know the above method could be considered cheating .. but I just couldn't help myself.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

thats more an exploit, which both this site an the other seem to b ok with, tho ur right it is cheating, a trophy is meant to b got the way its meant to b got simple as that!, , thats sum interesting stuff tho, wat r the devil horns? wat they do?, just about finished classic leaving only hardcore to go, stopped to get aliens cm platted first! and only found out bout the ammo glitch while i was playin that, was gonna giv the ammo thing a go, run well short on survival at the end, made it a little tuff to finish and im up to wer it got intense on classic, , lol

Death is Awaiting....

Cheating, smeating. Use it if it works
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig by Achantion

Lvl 3 - Bronze

oh i never said i was against it either, will b fully using both to finish, just sayin it is, and alot of people see it that way too!, no one answerd my question tho, wat do the devil horns do?

thought it was fully retarded of em to giv ya all these rewards an stuff, and can only use em for a playthru on the 4 thats pointless to do another playthru on, , crappy!

Lvl 2 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    no one answerd my question tho, wat do the devil horns do?
    The Devil Horns - the most bad ass weapon in the world.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

lol very discriptive!

Negator

This is a nice feature EA/Visceral slipped in the game. It goes well with infinite ammo, health packs and resources.

Awesome marketing strategy, guys.

Avatar & Sig by djunglist care of Digital Terror // Elite TG bar fabricated by Luckay

PRO Member

Damn. Nice find. Still have to finish the main story though.

|
    Sig - Initial D - Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)|
    |by Smashguy |

|Avy - Animals As Leaders|

Lvl 4 - Silver

Hardcore seriously isn't as hardcore as dead space 2...

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 3 - Bronze

nah easy peasy it is, speacily with aforementioned exploit, i too can confirm it works, just got me plat using tha horns on hardcore, sooo cool a weapon an pretty damn funny! . . stil like the unicorn from red faction armagedon more tho

Plats-O'-War!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schism View Post
    Cheating, smeating. Use it if it works
    ^^This!!^^ Thanks for the heads up!!! Looking forward to using this glitch!!

Angel of Death

When I start DS3, all these things are good to know.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

yea id say b quick tho, therve already patchd infinite ammo glitch!

Lvl 10 - Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by nemec8 View Post
    yea id say b quick tho, therve already patchd infinite ammo glitch!
    anyone running out of ammo sucks at shooting more than i do, im not a fan of shooters and not good at shooting, but i never had an issue with ammo, even playing through survival mode