Weapon Crafting

This is a discussion on Weapon Crafting within the Dead Space 3 forum, part of the D; Has anyone got any good suggestions for crafting weapons? I'm currently on chapter 13 and I'm still using the same ...

Dull Ember

Weapon Crafting

Has anyone got any good suggestions for crafting weapons? I'm currently on chapter 13 and I'm still using the same weapon i crafted relatively early in the game (electric line gun & rifle combo). Any new weapons I craft are pretty useless.

Change is mediocre

Check the Dead Space 3 Trophy Guide, Bushpig and I have a few weapon creations that we found good in the Weapons Guide near the bottom.

Lvl 1 - Bronze

Anything with a shotgun is pretty overpowered. The rivet gun/explosive module is really strong but secondary fire wastes alot of ammunition. Force gun can be really useful with the right combo, particularly the spike chaingun or shotgun. If you're doing co-op, the force gun makes any situation incredibly simple as you can lay necromorphs down while your partner kills them.

Lvl 10 - Platinum

the limited edition evangelizer is super powerful, got me through most of survival by itself, near the end i created a force gun combined with a seeker rifle, knock em down and pick em off, made the last few chapters super easy, not sure what im going to use for classic since i cant combine force gun and seeker into one gun, but ill figure something out i suppose

Lvl 4 - Silver

Depends on what you're comfortable with.. Almost any Force Gun combo will help you out. Also a stasis coating will help aswell. I honestly thought Classic was harder than pure survival... So far, for my 3 playthroughs, its been a Force Gun and Plasma Cutter

Trust me when I say any Force Gun combo, test it out. Knocking practically every necro over makes it really easy to crowd control. If you're accurate, Force Gun and Javelin (single shot) is a fucking win.

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer"

Lvl 7 - Gold

Force gun/ grenade launcher or rocket launcher with ammo box and safety guard attachments has been my favorite creation so far.

Dull Ember

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I was going about it all wrong-I should have put components together that complimented each other instead of just throwing things at a frame and hoping for the best. I'll leave this thread open in case anyone else has something good to share.

Lvl 2 - Bronze

The 10 Best Weapons to Craft in 'Dead Space 3' | Complex

Mind you, these are the opinions of others, but some of these sound really fun to use.

PRO Member

I'm using an Arc chain gun and a force gun with stasis module. the force gun lays them down and the arc just destroy them! its kind of cheap, actually.
    and Im using a plasma rifle with a grenade launcher with explosive amplifier and safety guard. its awesome.

Birth-Metal-Death

Right now i'm using the Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter with sub-machine gun and the Evangeliser Carbine with shotgun but i like to chop and change with my Contact Beam/Ripper blade which is mental!!

Dull Ember

Quote Originally Posted by Ed the Head View Post
    Right now i'm using the Planet Cracker Plasma Cutter with sub-machine gun and the Evangeliser Carbine with shotgun but i like to chop and change with my Contact Beam/Ripper blade which is mental!!
    The Planet Cracker is a great weapon for Classic playthrough. The day 1 dlc Evangiliser is also really useful for Classic as its the only way to get a Shotgun.

Birth-Metal-Death

Quote Originally Posted by Elpoko View Post
    The Planet Cracker is a great weapon for Classic playthrough. The day 1 dlc Evangiliser is also really useful for Classic as its the only way to get a Shotgun.
    If you use the EarthGov compact frame,it ups the fire rate.I love it!