Best Weapons?

This is a discussion on Best Weapons? within the Dead Space forum, part of the D; I'm playing Dead Space again, and I am almost done Chapter 6 on Impossible. What are the best weapons to ...

Change is mediocre

Best Weapons?

I'm playing Dead Space again, and I am almost done Chapter 6 on Impossible. What are the best weapons to use? I already have the Plasma Cutter maxed, and the Pulse Rifle which is maxed as well.

Lvl 3 - Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by dsluckay View Post
    I'm playing Dead Space again, and I am almost done Chapter 6 on Impossible. What are the best weapons to use? I already have the Plasma Cutter maxed, and the Pulse Rifle which is maxed as well.
    I just recently played though a run on Impossible after not picking Dead Space up since I platted it 2 1/2 years ago. I forgot how much fun it was. But to your question, I personally didnt touch the Pulse Rifle or Flamethrower. My main four were the Plasma Cutter(great all around), the Force Gun(I used this a lot especially during parts with multiple necromorphs cause it knocks em over), the Contact Beam(didnt use too much cause I mainly wanted to just sell the ammo but that thing is a beast!) and the Line Gun mostly as a back up to the Plasma Cutter. I didnt use the Ripper too much cause it didnt seem to damage enough on Impossible mode but I loved that thing on the easier modes.
    Credit goes to Wadefan1

Currently Boosting: GTA IV-Wanted, SOCOM: Confrontation, Resistance 2

Games Currently Playing: CS:GO, EA Sports Active 2, Beat Hazard Ultra

Games Soon to Start: Section 8: Prejudice, Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, Kingdom of Amalur

Lvl 10 - Platinum

id go plasma cutter, force gun and line gun, playing ds 2 on hardcore made me love the ripper after not using it before so id go with that for number 4

Lvl 7 - Gold

Stasis + Ripper =

I'll admit, the Ripper right off the bat may not be too great. Once you get it at least halfway upgraded, it'll hold it's own with or without stasis. Other choices are the Line Gun and the Force Gun.
    Avy created by Beam and kid420247

PRO Member

I used the line gun most of my playthrough on impossible where you needed to take care of multiple necromorphs and the plasma cutter for small groups of them and towards the end i bought the contact beam to kill the hive mind fast

Avy: apokolypz Sig: djunglist Platbar: Thunder

Lvl 1 - Bronze

plasma cutter all the way